Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cyber Monday Online Sales

Anybody see any good sales today? I saw an xbox for $400 at walmart with a bunch of extra stuff and I saw that Dell has stuff $200-400 off. Cyber Monday is supposed to have a lot of good sales they say, anybody see anything specially good? I need a new game console and a laptop/desktop pc.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I haven't seen any good deals, but not surfing much either....I like my job to much to venture to far....but I could use any good pricing on a Nintendo D/S (alternative to the Wii the wifey wants). Looks likes I'll be dropping about 149 for the D/S with Zelda....unless anyone knows where I can find it cheaper?
iluvfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yea and I just saw pat's post now, let me check out his link and I will report if I see anything good. The Xbox was decent, 2 controllers, a new game (any game like COD 4 of GH 3) for $400.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I haven't seen any good deals, but not surfing much either....I like my job to much to venture to far....but I could use any good pricing on a Nintendo D/S (alternative to the Wii the wifey wants). Looks likes I'll be dropping about 149 for the D/S with Zelda....unless anyone knows where I can find it cheaper?

Fish, Hold out for a Wii. You will get much more out of it compared to a DS.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Depends.......I do a ton of traveling (which I've been told if I ask, I could borrow her DS). I like the Wii....but even after 2 years, the blasted thing hasn't dropped in price!

Renewed my interest in it since I saw theres a new duck hunting game coming out for it (from what I saw, its not coming to the 360 or the PS3)....its pathentic, but I need something to do in the offseason besides crack cards (my bohica'ing of my cc isn't going over well with said wife . She said she'd go halfzies so maybe we'll get a Wii and I'll see about letting her play with it early since we both generally take off the week between xmas and new years.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

I am still stuck in the Nintendo GameCube era. My girlfriend loves Mario Kart and Kirby Pucketts Air Ride. I want to buy and XBox 360 but they are so damn expensive(you know me....I need the most expensive one). My girlfriend wants the Wii because it will have her Nintendo style games. I think the Wii exerts to much physical energy myself and prefer a more realistic video. The Wii also offers less options when it comes to games. This is the problem that I have come across on the GameCube. I am still playing Madden '07(because they didn't make an '08) and I'm in my 5th or 6th year in my Franchise in All Madden mode and have only lost 2 games total. I have gone undefeated 4 seasons in a row-winning the Super Bowl each time(obviously) and lost a game in the 5th season(but winning the Superbowl and have just recently started my 6th season. Thats pretty sad! I can't play in the Madden tourney becausek they use the XBox and the controls are so different. I could have had $100,000 by and could be ripping the hell out of cards.

Sorry for the long rant. I guess I just need to let it out.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

Im not a fan of the Wii, if I were to buy a console it would be a PS3. Well looking at the online deals there really isn't anything good except the dells. $384 off a nice nice dual core processor with 2gig memory.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

Wife likes the lower end games, verses my preferred role playing and sports. I'm not exacty a fan of the movement but think it could be interesting....heck back in the day I loved the nintendo track and field!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

i dont know about you guys.. but the game cube, nor the wii have anything on the n64...

can we say... JAMES BOND 007?!!?!?!

cmon!!!!!!
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

The N64 was great! I loved my Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball!
Crash1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
i dont know about you guys.. but the game cube, nor the wii have anything on the n64...

can we say... JAMES BOND 007?!!?!?!

cmon!!!!!!

you mean goldeneye, yes that game rocked! and ken griffey jr is still my best baseball game ever
Old 11-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

PS3 has 1 good game on the system. that's it. it's a terrible system and is tanking since sony thought all they needed to do was slap their name on it and make it the most powerful.

360 is doing very well and has a ton of good games on it. i have a list of about 30 i want to get after xmas when i buy a system.

wii has surprised about everyone, with nintendo going lowtech and fun first. it's been a good strategy though... noone can keep the system on the shelf.
andrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

From the other prospective... quality, 360 is by far the worst. We get 1 in every 6 we sell back. Some shipments it is every single one that comes back. It has more games yes, but it has been out a year longer than the other systems. You would think that they would have got their kinks out.

PS3 is selling strong this year esp. since the new lower price one....Just remember that if you buy the $399 version, it is not backwards compatible. Very few returns on this

Wii, we had people camping out again on Sat/Sun starting at midnight for an 8am open in the rain/snow mix we had. By far the best quality system as long as you don't hit your remote too hard. After a few shots, it won't work.
Magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

Guess I'll just talk the wife into a Wii. Thanks guys! I'll just bust my gameboy out and take that on trips until I can get someone to fix my labtop.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

For those that have or decide to get a Wii, just remember to put the wrist strap on everytime :P I almost put a hole in the big screen playing bowling......last time I play a game without the strap around my wrist
csun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csun22 View Post
For those that have or decide to get a Wii, just remember to put the wrist strap on everytime :P I almost put a hole in the big screen playing bowling......last time I play a game without the strap around my wrist
I'll keep that in mind when I put my back out hitting that grand slam!
Old 11-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I'll keep that in mind when I put my back out hitting that grand slam!
yeah you dont' want to end up like this commercial LOL
Old 11-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

360 = best for online gaming. However, the return rate (as stated above) is horrible. I bought mine in Dec 2005 and have had to send it in for repairs 5 times! I have been told the xbox 360 elite (more expensive model, bigger hard drive, hd dvd drive, black in color) does not have as many QC issues.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
yeah you dont' want to end up like this commercial LOL
They cut that short...2nd part shows exactly what the other guy does with his glove!...something to the tune of I chose paper...I threw a rock
Old 11-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
360 = best for online gaming. However, the return rate (as stated above) is horrible. I bought mine in Dec 2005 and have had to send it in for repairs 5 times! I have been told the xbox 360 elite (more expensive model, bigger hard drive, hd dvd drive, black in color) does not have as many QC issues.

I hate the 360....its taken out anyone making games for my Xbox. I'd upgrade, but since I don't play online games, kinda pointless.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

LOL i remember that... but its a bud light commercial

LOL !!!!!
Old 11-26-2007, 02:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

i'm planning on getting the Elite version. my friends in w-b however bought 2 when they launched and neither has had a single problem with theirs. from what i've read, the problems with the 360 came from people putting them in a space with poor ventilation and the system overheating.

also, if you do get a 360, Bioshock is a must buy. i played it non stop last time i went out to w-b for a weekend. the game is incredible.
andrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Andrew, I have heard of the same claims about the issues with the 360s. However, mine sits in the open air and I even went as far as adding a laptop cooling tray to it after I had to send it back for the 4th time. Maybe someday I will get an elite.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

So I guess nobody found any good sales? And Fish my laptop is broke also (after 2 years), I sold it for parts and got $200 for it so not that bad.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:14 AM   #25 (permalink)

You guys were right. Spent 4+ hours in line, in 30 deg temps while raining, but I got a Wii and its a ton of fun. Now onto figuring out some of the extra games we need