Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2007, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to davebo
Default Black Friday Follow-Up

Just getting around to posting this. Went to Best Buy last Friday at 4:00AM to see if I could get the Sony Vaio laptop. I had no idea how crazy it gets. Anyway, as I pull up to the store I realize I am going to be 3/4 of the way around the building in line. I decided to give it a shot anyway. At the front of the line there was a manger handing out tickets for items. As I walked past him on my way to the back of the line I asked him if he had already handed out the Vaio tickets. He said that he had but that he had one returned to him. He asked me where I was in line (I just pointed toward the back) and he told me he had to go through the line first. I walked to the back of the line and about 10 minutes later he comes around back still handing out tickets for the TV. I called him over and asked if he still had any Vaio tickets and he reaches to the back of his stack, says yes, and just hands it over to me. I couldn't believe it. When I got inside and was in line I was talking to the girl behind me who got there at 8:00PM on Thanskgiving and she couldn't even get a Vaio ticket. I show up 8 hours later and well rested and I'm walking out with a $700 laptop for $400. Sweet!
davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wow you lucky sob. Still I don't think it is worth to wake up early the day after thansgiving and waste time waiting on line for 3 hours for the store to open and then go through that crazy rush in which you can get hurt, killed, or robbed. Better stay home on that day, people are crazy to save a few bucks.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to davebo

Yeah. I probably wouldn't do it again. And I defintiely would not go at 8PM the night before. Last time I slept out for anything was back in high school for Pink Floyd concert tickets at the Meadowlands.

But I was in Myrtle Beach, SC visting my family so it wasn't too cold out at 4:00AM. The store actually opened at 5AM and I was out of there and on the golf course at 7:30. The longest part of it was waiting in line inside to get to the Customer Service counter where they were handing the ticketed items out.
davebo is online now   Reply With Quote