Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I also got a new type of charcoal roto last week. I stopped by a friends place who was grilling meat off and fell in love with it. Actually got two different ones. A Speducci and this cyprian style charcoal bbq....

In my garage after I put it together..

in action (not mine). Lamb being roto'd

That looks awesome. Reminds me Newark, NJ Brazillian BBQs. (Calling Ron)
Old 07-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #152 (permalink)

I am going to bump this for July 4.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #153 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims

Ive always used a direct heat smoker I built but yesterday bought an off set smoker. I have it fired up right now seasoning it. Boston butt will go on it tomorrow.
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #154 (permalink)

Tried a new recipe to bring to a cookout a couple weeks ago...Jalapeno peppers halved, stuffed with Italian sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesean cheese, then wrapped in bacon...mmmmmmmmmmm

bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Tried a new recipe to bring to a cookout a couple weeks ago...Jalapeno peppers halved, stuffed with Italian sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesean cheese, then wrapped in bacon...mmmmmmmmmmm

I want to go to there.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #156 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
This is the 2nd time Ive seen someone cook off meat on top of foil. Why? I saw someone last weekend bbqing goat chops on the grill but ontop of foil. Whats the deal?
Just makes it easier to keep clean (and get off the grill).

Plus side this stuff is melting in my mouth...oh my (and yes thats Chinook or King Salmon less than 24 hours off the Lake

Old 07-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #157 (permalink)

Won a Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" Smoker in the Pepsi Iconic Summer contest that's going on right now. Used it for the first time today to smoke a 7.5 lb. Pork Butt. Here's how it turned out. Used regular Kingsford Charcoal, 2 Chunks of Hickory wood, and 4 Chunks of Apple wood. It was moist, tender, and pretty damn delicious.

mikestrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #158 (permalink)

[QUOTE=mikestrick;5363736]Won a Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" Smoker in the Pepsi Iconic Summer contest that's going on right now. Used it for the first time today to smoke a 7.5 lb. Pork Butt. Here's how it turned out. Used regular Kingsford Charcoal, 2 Chunks of Hickory wood, and 4 Chunks of Apple wood. It was moist, tender, and pretty damn delicious.

Congrats. That's a really nice prize to win. Weber has a nice message board geared toward their smokers. The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board

Your pork butt turned out really good. Are you new to smoking?
Old 07-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiebunkerjr View Post
Congrats. That's a really nice prize to win. Weber has a nice message board geared toward their smokers. The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board

Your pork butt turned out really good. Are you new to smoking?
Yeah, first thing I have ever smoked. Usually do all of my grilling on a gas pig cooker. Got the instructions for this pork butt from the site you listed above. Thinking about doing a couple of chickens or some spare ribs next. Would love to try a Beef Brisket but the price is so high, I'll probably wait for a special occasion.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #160 (permalink)

I want to see your meat!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #161 (permalink)

Seems such a waste to bump this thread given the post above me wants meat...but here was yesterdays project. Bought a cheap (like $25 bucks used cheap and oh it shows) smoker yesterday. Installed a new thermometer on it (glow in the dark - the old one (can see it on the backside of the lid literally has warm/ideal/hot as its three categories - no numbers at all. But given I have no ventilation controls not temperature regulations this ones going to take some time to play with.

But some elbow grease and soap I got a lot of the crud off it and did a batch of peppers and tomatoes. Going to put the tomatoes and peppers into some salsa later today. Pretty sure this will be seeing some meat soon.

Cherry Tomatoes

Pobalano Jalapeno Cherry Bombs and Chipotle Peppers - See more at: 1st Smoker 2013 Aug 28 Photo by iluvfish2 | Photobucket
Old 08-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #162 (permalink)

Vegetables on the grill is almost as good! Good stuff, fish!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #163 (permalink)

Still playing....these are little yellow pear tomatoes Pre Smoke

Post Smoke

Did some bigger tomatoes as well...and hey how did that loin get on there - which FYI ended up with 5 hours of smoking at 175 ish and OMG is good. I had to steal a small piece before I wrapped in in foil and a towel to rest overnight (this frankly is going to make one heck of a sandwich tomorrow)

Old 08-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #164 (permalink)

Bought an Electric Smoker,

Masterbuilt 40 inch, new generation!

Here are the results from my first ribs! They were amazing! Planning on doing some more next Sunday for the Browns game at a cookout party!!!

japes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #165 (permalink)

Got another 7 1/2 lb. Pork Butt sitting in the freezer that I plan on smoking on Wednesday. Last time I used Famous Dave's Rib Rub as the rub. This time I plan on mixing Famous Dave's Rib Rub and Emeril's Rib Rub. I like the spice flavor of Famous Dave's and the sweetness of Emeril's. I'll post pictures of how it turns out Wednesday night.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #166 (permalink)

Where's those updates????? We went through Labor Day and no grilling love???? A 4 pack of wild turkey legs before photo. Dont have any good after photos thankfully but I will say it made me happy to be a carnivore The thighs were much better than the drumsticks (tougher than nails honestly - but I guess when all of your life is based on staying upright, walking and running to survive your legs dont exactly get soft)

Old 09-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Where's those updates????? We went through Labor Day and no grilling love???? A 4 pack of wild turkey legs before photo. Dont have any good after photos thankfully but I will say it made me happy to be a carnivore The thighs were much better than the drumsticks (tougher than nails honestly - but I guess when all of your life is based on staying upright, walking and running to survive your legs dont exactly get soft)

I just moved in my new place and have a gas grill for the time being. I am going to purchase the BGE within the next couple of weeks!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #168 (permalink)

This upcoming weekend I am having my first adult type party at my house for my daughters baptism. Built a 400 sq ft blue stone patio at the house last weekend and looking forward to putting it to use but with having 35-40 people at the house I am also a little nervous. When I was in college I threw plenty of those types of parties but haven't really cooked for more than 6-8 people at once.

I have a large bge and weber kettle, I think I will have enough food but will probably have burgers and dogs on standby just in case. The party is on Sunday and I am only working Mon & Tues this week to really ensure that I am ready....my wife doesn't cook much but will be taking care of decorations and that stuff but my little brother is flying up from Mississippi on Thursday and will be helping me with this task.

Here is what I am planning on making so far and will welcome all comments and suggestions, I will be sure to take pictures

Pork Carnita station w/ pickled red onions, homemade guac, etc
Pulled pork station w/ slaw, pickles, vidalia onions,etc
Chicken salad & rolls (thisisonly thing I am not making myself, my sister makes an amazing chkn salad)
Homemade salsa from my garden & chips
Corn on the cob
Baked beans
Candied yams
Potato salad, garden salad,tomato & mozzarella salad
Old 09-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #169 (permalink)

Perfect setup for doing Cooler Corn if you plan ahead and likely saves you some time as well!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matpat21 View Post
This upcoming weekend I am having my first adult type party at my house for my daughters baptism. Built a 400 sq ft blue stone patio at the house last weekend and looking forward to putting it to use but with having 35-40 people at the house I am also a little nervous. When I was in college I threw plenty of those types of parties but haven't really cooked for more than 6-8 people at once.

I have a large bge and weber kettle, I think I will have enough food but will probably have burgers and dogs on standby just in case. The party is on Sunday and I am only working Mon & Tues this week to really ensure that I am ready....my wife doesn't cook much but will be taking care of decorations and that stuff but my little brother is flying up from Mississippi on Thursday and will be helping me with this task.

Here is what I am planning on making so far and will welcome all comments and suggestions, I will be sure to take pictures

Pork Carnita station w/ pickled red onions, homemade guac, etc
Pulled pork station w/ slaw, pickles, vidalia onions,etc
Chicken salad & rolls (thisisonly thing I am not making myself, my sister makes an amazing chkn salad)
Homemade salsa from my garden & chips
Corn on the cob
Baked beans
Candied yams
Potato salad, garden salad,tomato & mozzarella salad

Maybe throw some chicken on the grill also. Burgers and hot dogs are always fan favorites. Good luck!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #171 (permalink)

Well new game I think for me...trying how to get my smoker back up into the upper 180's low 200's. Only 40's outside and having some issues getting a higher temp. Only thing I can think to do with my smoker (doesnt have any air adjustments on top or bottom) is to cut back on the amount of water I have in my tray, but already using semi boiling water

But the goose breasts were rubbed ever so gently (should of waited an extra night but I wanted them now) and put them on. Rest of the space was filled up with some peppers.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #172 (permalink)

Those are beauties. I'd love to see the finished product.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #173 (permalink)

Given the issues I had getting the temps up I let it slow cook all night (figuring I put them on 4-430 pm ish), and even at 10 it was still only 175 ish, so I figured a few more hours cant hurt it. We're only in the 40's today so I'll snap a photo when I get home today.

Gotta slice up my peppers and get them on the dehydrator so I can enjoy my Ancho's all winter long. Freezer pack the breast meat after I shred them...then when the date comes they get a play date with the crockpot with their friends diced onions and BBQ Sauce (typically baby rays).
Old 09-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #174 (permalink)

Disappointed that I only got 3 lbs of this goodness...then again its possible that 1/2 lb disappeared before the weigh in I took the meat and shredded it for my Pulled Goose BBQ I make. Figured with the slices once warmed and slathered in BBQ and I add an assortment of hot peppers to my sandwich (we've got a few that cant handle heat so I have to go generic for them) our Duck Camp Lunch/Dinner will be great.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #175 (permalink)

Due to a lack of time I haven't been able to grill as much here recently, but I did manage to smoke a 4lb pork butt last weekend that came out excellent. I've done a couple before that came out decent, but it seemed something was lacking or was taken off a little to early. This last one I decided to use a variety of different seasonings instead of just bbq. It was a mix of bbq, maple, crushed peppers, basil, and chipotle. I left it on a little longer this time and it was melt in your mouth fantastic.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote