Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Official cookout, grilling, smoking and BBQ thread

For most of us, grilling season is here. What are your favorite specific foods to grill? I want to see pics too!

For those who have never had these, try them. A little pricy and they look gross but oh so good....
BUBBA Burger | Products | Original

I live in a condo that does not permit grilling on the balcony so I go to my parents house to grill. My father has a coal bbq and gas grill. I am a huge fan of charcoal over gas grilling.

My son's birthday is tomorrow and I plan on grilling. Pics to come!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just made some smoked sausage this last weekend. Ground up about 3 lbs of pork butt with some peppers and spices. Formed no casing sausages and wrapped them in corn husks. Put them in my smoker for a few hours. Turned out great. Going to smoke some salmon this weekend and maybe some cheddar and gouda (for the wife. Gouda=nasty in my book)
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

official thread?
wheres the unofficial thread ?

skirt steak and filets

a new thing i have been doing is
bbq a chicken cutlet when almost ready but a layer of roasted red peppers then some super fresh mozzerala

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

I only use charcoal. I hate propane grills. I'll do the typical meat thing, although I am a firm believer that you can cook anything on a grill.

Anyway the item that I am most famous for grilling is what my wife calls cowboy baked potatoes. Take potato and cut slits every half inch. Stuff said slits with butter, onion, and bacon. Salt and pepper over whole thing. Wrap in aluminum foil. Grill approximately 5 minutes per side until you can squish it with tongs. Put in bowl and covered with cheese, and enjoy.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
I just made some smoked sausage this last weekend. Ground up about 3 lbs of pork butt with some peppers and spices. Formed no casing sausages and wrapped them in corn husks. Put them in my smoker for a few hours. Turned out great. Going to smoke some salmon this weekend and maybe some cheddar and gouda (for the wife. Gouda=nasty in my book)
Who woulda thunk it! Nick likes smoking sausages
McMBAMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I only use charcoal. I hate propane grills. I'll do the typical meat thing, although I am a firm believer that you can cook anything on a grill.

Anyway the item that I am most famous for grilling is what my wife calls cowboy baked potatoes. Take potato and cut slits every half inch. Stuff said slits with butter, onion, and bacon. Salt and pepper over whole thing. Wrap in aluminum foil. Grill approximately 5 minutes per side until you can squish it with tongs. Put in bowl and covered with cheese, and enjoy.
The key to great grilling & this is the king of charcoal!

pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
The key to great grilling & this is the king of charcoal!

I actually use cowboy charcoal whenever possible.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I actually use cowboy charcoal whenever possible.
Never heard of or seen it before. Is it regional in the Northeast or what? I just use what my dad always used God rest his soul.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Never heard of or seen it before. Is it regional in the Northeast or what? I just use what my dad always used God rest his soul.
I thought it was nationally but honestly I'm not sure.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

charcoal>gas

just made burgers and bacon on the grill last night, pork chops a couple days ago, nothing beats a weber charcoal grill!
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

Ah hardwood produces a good flavor, I'll have to find out more on that brand. Down here in Texas sometimes we just use good ol mesquite wood & forget the charcoal lol.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

My father-in-law is the most amazing griller I have ever come into contact with. He is making me delmonaco steaks for my birthday tomorrow. My birthday was almost a month ago but it has been worth the wait. He only uses charcoal but he converts old gas grills into the perfect grill.

I have issues using a charcoal. I don't know what my problem is. We just got a gas grill but I also perfer charcoal. I would like to master it but haven't had much luck. Any tips?

Happy birthday, to the OP's son! I hope you have a great day celebrating.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hi guys. I had to show off some pics in this thread. I got a big ass smoker that I cook up some great bbq. I had to use some redneck ingenuity in some of the first pics I posted. I had to smoke 80 pounds of pork butt that day for a graduation party and the forecast called for rain. Rigging up those dryer ducts to my smokestacks worked like a charm.

I usually cook ribs and pork butts on my smoker but I do the occasional chicken, brisket and beef clod. It's a lot of prep work but nothing is better than well prepared bbq. In one of the pics, you can see I whip up an injection solution that I inject into my pork butts. I learned about the injection at a bbq class and my pork butts went from good to out of the world ever since.

I could go on and on but I have to get going. I hope this thread can get some legs. I will try to get back on to it from time to time to bs about bbq.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkovach06 View Post
charcoal>gas

just made burgers and bacon on the grill last night, pork chops a couple days ago, nothing beats a weber charcoal grill!
Agree and agree. Us West Coasters do tri-tip, and I do it quite well
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiebunkerjr View Post
Hi guys. I had to show off some pics in this thread. I got a big ass smoker that I cook up some great bbq. I had to use some redneck ingenuity in some of the first pics I posted. I had to smoke 80 pounds of pork butt that day for a graduation party and the forecast called for rain. Rigging up those dryer ducts to my smokestacks worked like a charm.

I usually cook ribs and pork butts on my smoker but I do the occasional chicken, brisket and beef clod. It's a lot of prep work but nothing is better than well prepared bbq. In one of the pics, you can see I whip up an injection solution that I inject into my pork butts. I learned about the injection at a bbq class and my pork butts went from good to out of the world ever since.

I could go on and on but I have to get going. I hope this thread can get some legs. I will try to get back on to it from time to time to bs about bbq.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

getting hungry

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

Something here tells me this member is from the South. Nice pics
Old 04-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Something here tells me this member is from the South. Nice pics
Mid-Michigan. I developed my interest in smoking because there are no bbq joints in Michigan. If I want good bbq, I have to make it myself.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

My weber bbq gets no love since I bought my Big green egg. Anyone else have a big green egg?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #20 (permalink)

I'm just getting into smoking and will probably need to tap into archiebunker's head for tips. Nice set-up man!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #21 (permalink)

What time should me and Nick show up for the BBQ??? Also is your son old enuff for a hooker? If not I wont be bringing him a present
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

The boy just turned 4. With the women you bring around, he would be able to walk around those caverns.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:

Same stuff I use and I love it. Get it for about $11 a bag and it lasts me awhile. And if you have an airtight grill or smoker you can snuff out the fire and save the wood for later. And next time you use it just go light it up and it's ready to go. Way to go Corbin
Old 04-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
What time should me and Nick show up for the BBQ??? Also is your son old enuff for a hooker? If not I wont be bringing him a present
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
The boy just turned 4. With the women you bring around, he would be able to walk around those caverns.
Bawahahahaha.

I use my gas grill all year long. I can't go to many cookouts where i'm not asked to man the grill.
I so want to get a smoker

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to OakRaderTrader Send a message via Skype™ to OakRaderTrader

Right there with you... really want a smoker
OakRaderTrader is offline   Reply With Quote