Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Missouri & West Virigina in danger, what now? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/2979-missouri-west-virigina-danger-what-now.html)

frozenntimesports 12-01-2007 11:52 PM

Missouri & West Virigina in danger, what now?

OK,

This season is nuts. Now Mizzou and WV are about to lose, does that make the BGS title game LSU and Kansas?

sandlotsportcards 12-02-2007 12:07 AM

Ohio State will be in the BCS Title Game prob playing LSU/Kansas/Virginia Tech

sandlotsportcards 12-02-2007 12:08 AM

GO BUCKS!!!!

sandlotsportcards 12-02-2007 12:14 AM

Could the voters give Oklahoma some love and see an OSU/Oklahoma game?

rippit 12-02-2007 12:17 AM

How appropriate that the craziest college football season I can ever remember would end with the top two teams biting the dust.

Crash1207 12-02-2007 12:20 AM

It'll probably be Ohio State and LSU but I would rather see someone other than LSU. In my eyes, they've blown their chance twice this year.

iam4car3 12-02-2007 03:19 AM

How can Ohio State be in the chanpionship game the only rated team that they played this year was Ill. rated 19 and Ill.beat them? :)! :) Honestly I'm not trying to make anybody mad I'm just trying to figure out how?

mdb92951 12-02-2007 08:48 AM

I know it's not what the "Suits" would like to see but IMO it should be OSU-Kansas both teams only have 1 loss. Georgia, OU, LSU have 2 losses.

Tim 12-02-2007 09:54 AM

[QUOTE=iam4car3;20954]How can Ohio State be in the chanpionship game the only rated team that they played this year was Ill. rated 19 and Ill.beat them? :)! :) Honestly I'm not trying to make anybody mad I'm just trying to figure out how?[/QUOTE]
Totally agree. It SHOULD be the two best teams and no one in their right mind could think OSU is one of them what with their cupcake schedule. Looks like the second year in a row we will be stuck watching an overmatched OSU team get crushed in the big game.

And how many more years of this do we have to endure before they finally come to their senses and do a playoff? Read Dan Wetzel's yahoo column on the playoff scenario - it is outstanding.

bryun 12-02-2007 09:55 AM

How about Hawaii? Undefeated, and an offensive machine. Let them play a one loss team.

~Bryun

mwheeler27 12-02-2007 10:08 AM

I hate that Kansas laid an egg and lost to Missouri. They scored touchdowns on 4 straight possessions, but just didn't get started soon enough. Who knows if they would have beaten OU, but they sure wouldn't have lost by 3 touchdowns.

I would love to see them in the championship game, but think that's going to be a tough call. Missouri beat them, and OU beat Missouri, so how could you justify it other than they only have one loss, and they didn't really play anyone that was that great either.

It will be interesting to say the least.

Tim 12-02-2007 10:31 AM

The flip side, though, on Kansas is this: how can OSU get IN because they only lost once, and KU NOT get in (with one loss) because their schedule was weak? HUH? They both should either get in and play each other as one-loss teams or both NOT get in because -- let's face it -- neither is truly one of the best two teams. But no way should one get in and the other not. Playoffs, people, playoffs.

BAMBAM 12-02-2007 12:07 PM

Come on now people, LSU has two loses this year BUT it took TRIPLE OT for it to happen. They won the TOUGHEST CONFERENCE in the land. They won basicly a playoff game yesterday with their back-up QB for crying out loud. They destroyed VA Tech this year so don't even mention that fraud. LSU and OKLAHOMA are easily the two best teams in the country this year and SHOULD play for the title.

[B]I'D LIKE TO SEE ANY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY PLAY FLORIDA, AT KENTUCKY,AUBURN AND AT ALABAMMA IN FOUR SUCCESSIVE WEEKS AND GO 3-1 WITH A TOUGH 3 OT ROAD LOSS BEING THE ONLY BLEMISH. [/B]

Ohio State, USC, Georgia, Missouri and Florida (nobody outside the SEC wants to face them in a bowl game) are the best of the rest.

timbo 12-02-2007 03:17 PM

I'm a little surprised that Georgia is not being mentioned as much. Yeah they lost 2 games but the way they are playing now, I would say that they could be the best in the nation. It will never happen, but I think UGA and LSU should play in the title game. IMO they are the 2 best teams in the nation right now. Either one of them will blow OSU away if that is the matchup.

Munsonmanor 12-02-2007 03:23 PM

The BCS definately needs some tweeking. One thing I would suggest is to reward those teams that play a tough out of conference schedule and punish those who schedule cupcakes. That's one thing USC does and that's take on all comers. Usually it comes down to 3-4 teams and usually one team gets left out, but this is definately a year that needs a playoff BADLY! When HEALTHY, is there anyone who doesn't agree that LSU & USC are the best 2 TEAMS out there? And before any of you ask, I'm not a USC fan/homer. I actually don't have a favorite team or conference, just like watching the games.

Jughead 12-02-2007 04:02 PM

All,

Please do not apply logic to Bowl Subdivision college football.

Signed,

The NCAA

mwheeler27 12-02-2007 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=Jughead;21030]All,

Please do not apply logic to Bowl Subdivision college football.

Signed,

The NCAA[/QUOTE]

"Have money...Will travel"