Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Missouri & West Virigina in danger, what now?

OK,

This season is nuts. Now Mizzou and WV are about to lose, does that make the BGS title game LSU and Kansas?
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ohio State will be in the BCS Title Game prob playing LSU/Kansas/Virginia Tech
sandlotsportcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

GO BUCKS!!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Could the voters give Oklahoma some love and see an OSU/Oklahoma game?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

How appropriate that the craziest college football season I can ever remember would end with the top two teams biting the dust.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

It'll probably be Ohio State and LSU but I would rather see someone other than LSU. In my eyes, they've blown their chance twice this year.
Crash1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

How can Ohio State be in the chanpionship game the only rated team that they played this year was Ill. rated 19 and Ill.beat them? Honestly I'm not trying to make anybody mad I'm just trying to figure out how?
iam4car3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

I know it's not what the "Suits" would like to see but IMO it should be OSU-Kansas both teams only have 1 loss. Georgia, OU, LSU have 2 losses.
mdb92951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam4car3 View Post
How can Ohio State be in the chanpionship game the only rated team that they played this year was Ill. rated 19 and Ill.beat them? Honestly I'm not trying to make anybody mad I'm just trying to figure out how?
Totally agree. It SHOULD be the two best teams and no one in their right mind could think OSU is one of them what with their cupcake schedule. Looks like the second year in a row we will be stuck watching an overmatched OSU team get crushed in the big game.

And how many more years of this do we have to endure before they finally come to their senses and do a playoff? Read Dan Wetzel's yahoo column on the playoff scenario - it is outstanding.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

How about Hawaii? Undefeated, and an offensive machine. Let them play a one loss team.

~Bryun
bryun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

I hate that Kansas laid an egg and lost to Missouri. They scored touchdowns on 4 straight possessions, but just didn't get started soon enough. Who knows if they would have beaten OU, but they sure wouldn't have lost by 3 touchdowns.

I would love to see them in the championship game, but think that's going to be a tough call. Missouri beat them, and OU beat Missouri, so how could you justify it other than they only have one loss, and they didn't really play anyone that was that great either.

It will be interesting to say the least.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Tim

The flip side, though, on Kansas is this: how can OSU get IN because they only lost once, and KU NOT get in (with one loss) because their schedule was weak? HUH? They both should either get in and play each other as one-loss teams or both NOT get in because -- let's face it -- neither is truly one of the best two teams. But no way should one get in and the other not. Playoffs, people, playoffs.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #13 (permalink)

Come on now people, LSU has two loses this year BUT it took TRIPLE OT for it to happen. They won the TOUGHEST CONFERENCE in the land. They won basicly a playoff game yesterday with their back-up QB for crying out loud. They destroyed VA Tech this year so don't even mention that fraud. LSU and OKLAHOMA are easily the two best teams in the country this year and SHOULD play for the title.

I'D LIKE TO SEE ANY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY PLAY FLORIDA, AT KENTUCKY,AUBURN AND AT ALABAMMA IN FOUR SUCCESSIVE WEEKS AND GO 3-1 WITH A TOUGH 3 OT ROAD LOSS BEING THE ONLY BLEMISH.

Ohio State, USC, Georgia, Missouri and Florida (nobody outside the SEC wants to face them in a bowl game) are the best of the rest.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm a little surprised that Georgia is not being mentioned as much. Yeah they lost 2 games but the way they are playing now, I would say that they could be the best in the nation. It will never happen, but I think UGA and LSU should play in the title game. IMO they are the 2 best teams in the nation right now. Either one of them will blow OSU away if that is the matchup.
timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

The BCS definately needs some tweeking. One thing I would suggest is to reward those teams that play a tough out of conference schedule and punish those who schedule cupcakes. That's one thing USC does and that's take on all comers. Usually it comes down to 3-4 teams and usually one team gets left out, but this is definately a year that needs a playoff BADLY! When HEALTHY, is there anyone who doesn't agree that LSU & USC are the best 2 TEAMS out there? And before any of you ask, I'm not a USC fan/homer. I actually don't have a favorite team or conference, just like watching the games.
Munsonmanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

All,

Please do not apply logic to Bowl Subdivision college football.

Signed,

The NCAA
Old 12-02-2007, 03:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
All,

Please do not apply logic to Bowl Subdivision college football.

Signed,

The NCAA
"Have money...Will travel"
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote