Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 08 bucs - 140 loss team?

on the chopping/trading block are:
Nady (may be non tendered, wth), Bay, Wilson, Morris, Castillo (will be non tendered), and aparently Snell is on the trading block too.

already cut are Phelps, Youman, Sharpless

this may be the worst team in baseball history. just watch. if they trade away nady, bay, wilson, and snell, they will have just about nothing. got to love money first, winning 10th baseball.
andrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

I wouldn't bank on that just yet. Most everyone thought last years Nationals team was heading in that direction but played above expectations. It just depends on what they get back in return. They would probably be better off not trading Bay and hope he gets off to a hot start to drive his price back up. They would definately be trading him at a low after the season he had last year. They've got a couple of prospects (McCutcheon and somebody else) that they want to build around, but they don't have much else to go with it.
Munsonmanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to allhockey

No way does a major league team lose that many games the rest of the league is not that good. The pitching & defense are awful across the entire spectrum of the league. They had the Nats earmarked for 100/110 plus losses last year and they never got close to that. It is just hot stove chatter Andy- let's talk hockey anyway...........
allhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

i'm sick of this AA team though. they're pathetic. last year, they conned me into thinking this would be the year for the 14th time. i was 7 last time this team was respectible, not counting that weird 97 season where they were sub 500 and in contention til the last week. i'm sick of it. i just got done reading in the paper up here how great it is they held ticket prices and didn't raise them 30% like the rest of the league. woo freaking hoo. so i can only pay $15 now to see them get hammered and not even get an auto of the day. i'll probablly go to the caravan's just because there's nothing else to do around here, and maybe piratesfest depending on who the guests are. but i doubt i'll make a game this year. instead, i'll drive to erie and altoona and see some decent AA ball.
andrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote