Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
So a kid saying he was going to kill himself is not a cry for help? That was the exact post that he put up.
The only thread I saw was the who would you give your collection to if you died?
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 05-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
The only thread I saw was the who would you give your collection to if you died?
There was another, it was much more intimate, and clear that the OP was struggling with life. Several forum members immediately posted sincere responses, phone numbers, emails, trying to reach out to him. That thread is now removed as far as I know.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #78 (permalink)

Yeah the thread was called "Goodbye everyone" or something like that, isnt on his threads list though
Old 05-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
There was another, it was much more intimate, and clear that the OP was struggling with life. Several forum members immediately posted sincere responses, phone numbers, emails, trying to reach out to him. That thread is now removed as far as I know.
OK, my mistake then, I didn't see that because I normally don't look at off-topic on here.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 05-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #80 (permalink)

I was hoping MITM, myself, and others helped him through his problem (assuming how he went out as I think). My thoughts and prayers go out to his family..

Define "irony": a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane, to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash -Garland Greene
Old 05-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retailkid View Post
Yeah the thread was called "Goodbye everyone" or something like that, isnt on his threads list though
Wow. I have times where im constantly on the off topic part of the forum (like now) but I guess he posted it when I was over on the baseball part. Or when my phone was being fixed for a week in early april and I couldnt post. Im sad I didnt get a chance to help him out then even though I coould have at any other time. However most people would agree that without knowledge there is no help.

Anyway as ive said before I would have liked to help him in his time of need. Maybe that thread was the reason his account went inactive back in March.

I saw his last post too. It had to do with some mycoke rewards. But back then I assumed he was banned for some odd reason. Like most no one would have ever thought it was because of this...

Last edited by ToppsCollector1; 05-10-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
OK, my mistake then, I didn't see that because I normally don't look at off-topic on here.
Sorry, I am having some mixed bag of feelings with this. It was there. It was plain andclear. Some guys tried to help, but I was under the impression his parents or authorities were alerted. I know there are many things that could have happened, but I think there is only one way to look at it. I worry so much, because we think we are so close to each other, but we are not at all.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
Old 05-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
Sorry, I am having some mixed bag of feelings with this. It was there. It was plain andclear. Some guys tried to help, but I was under the impression his parents or authorities were alerted. I know there are many things that could have happened, but I think there is only one way to look at it. I worry so much, because we think we are so close to each other, but we are not at all.
So True!!!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #84 (permalink)

Yes his parents should have known but be aware that there are also people who keep these feelings quiet so no one knows and like you im having mixed emotions even though I didnt know him personally. I guess you could say now we know how most members felt when papajim died ( I joined after he died)
Old 05-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #85 (permalink)

Didnt want this on the second page
Old 05-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #86 (permalink)

very sad, RIP
Old 05-15-2012, 01:16 AM   #87 (permalink)

Bummer doesnt even sum it up. Hope his family is doing well, as death is something no one understands, and can be impossible to deal with. If there is anyone else on here who feels they need help, give some people a shout. Life is beautiful, and there is always a reason to be thankful.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #88 (permalink)

Very sad...hope he finds peace.

here is another thread where he mentioned it...

Coping with Card Buyer's remorse..

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
Old 05-15-2012, 02:14 AM   #89 (permalink)

Can't say I made a deal with the guy, hell, can't say I really knew him much at all. But any time one of our brethren, hell, any time a human life is lost it is always a sad day. I hope you are now at peace.

To those folk that are in a similar situation that our friend was in: this is why getting help is so important. Whether it be a family member, a doctor, a teacher. Openly or discreetly, it doesn't matter. Getting help is the most important thing.

Rest in peace young man. An innocent life lost far too soon.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:14 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post

Ouch. No other word to express my feeling about that. He tried it once and survived??? That should have told him he had been planned to be born for something far more better. I just hope that isnt how he died. Its very sad that he felt this way for a very long time. I wonder if his family ever tried to help him?

Still very sad to hear even a week later... at least hes in a better place
Old 05-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post

You know, sometimes the sign is right in front of you, and you still can't read it.........

RIP Dude
Old 05-20-2012, 12:09 AM   #92 (permalink)

Wow. Just saw this thread. Absolutely terrible. I want to wake my kids up and hug them.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToppsCollector1 View Post
Wow. I have times where im constantly on the off topic part of the forum (like now) but I guess he posted it when I was over on the baseball part. Or when my phone was being fixed for a week in early april and I couldnt post. Im sad I didnt get a chance to help him out then even though I coould have at any other time. However most people would agree that without knowledge there is no help.

Anyway as ive said before I would have liked to help him in his time of need. Maybe that thread was the reason his account went inactive back in March.

I saw his last post too. It had to do with some mycoke rewards. But back then I assumed he was banned for some odd reason. Like most no one would have ever thought it was because of this...
If I'm remembering right (the right person) someone made a thread saying goodbye and mentioned taking their own life and it was deleted because some religious guy came in and told him he's going to hell.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:29 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
If I'm remembering right (the right person) someone made a thread saying goodbye and mentioned taking their own life and it was deleted because some religious guy came in and told him he's going to hell.
No it's not that, i talked to fish and he said that bballcardkid wanted for him to delete it
Old 05-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
No it's not that, i talked to fish and he said that bballcardkid wanted for him to delete it

It would have been deleted anyway if xbignick is right because the sticky thread on top mentions no religious/political threads and that religious guy would have changed the subject.

I didnt know that he asked to delete it. I guess he had enough of everything. And that guy made it worse. I agree its not the best way to go when you have problems but its wrong to say that someone will end up there because theres always a chance to start over
Old 05-20-2012, 01:47 AM   #96 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

To the members arguing in this thread. Please, show respect to the the family and the young man and stop it. Like fish said, the family asked for him to make this thread cause the young man obviously felt a connection to this forum. Please guys, cut it out.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:35 AM   #97 (permalink)

Unfortunate to hear that this happened. Wish I could have reached out to the guy, I didn't see his thread. Hopefully he's found peace. RIP.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:37 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh okay. I got into a little semi-argument with the guy at the time because it really wasn't the place for him to post such a thing with someone asking for help, and thought that de-railed everything. Whole situation sucks even though I never really knew the guy.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:42 AM   #99 (permalink)

Must have happened right as i joined here...so i didnt know him. Still very sad. RIP man...hopefully you found the peace you were looking for and are far happier where you are now!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:29 AM   #100 (permalink)

RIP Ahmad

He created and ran a bkb fantasy league I was in, and one thing that really stood out to me was how mature he was for his age. Thanks for everything friend.
Closed Thread