Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #26 (permalink)

i believe that Clintons kids have been the subject of jokes on those shows as well. Are the jokes a little in bad taste, probably, but then you could say the same thing about most if not all of family guys episodes along with a bunch of comedians.
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crr9381 View Post
i believe that Clintons kids have been the subject of jokes on those shows as well. Are the jokes a little in bad taste, probably, but then you could say the same thing about most if not all of family guys episodes along with a bunch of comedians.
Thats what happens when you have a horse faced daughter.

PS: The Clintons have more than 1 kid?

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:32 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Thats what happens when you have a horse faced daughter.

PS: The Clintons have more than 1 kid?
We only know about one.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
I don't care who you are, a couple of these "jokes" crossed the line, and you could tell even some members of the audience didn't like it but they're coached to at least pretend to laugh. Forget politics, this is not "funny". And the one about Palin's daughter is flat-out sick.

David Letterman Sarah Palin Insult (Videos) » Blue Star Chronicles

Letterman is a worthless joke himself
Old 06-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #30 (permalink)

Well IF Letterman meant the joke to be about Palin's 18-year old daughter, he should've clarified that she was the one at the game before going on the air so this didn't happen. (And BTW just because she's 18 doesn't make it fair game). Besides, ristol Palin isn't the first girl in the world to get pregnant at 17. Common sense knows when teenagers reach that age there is only so much parents can do to watch their kids so don't tell me this is bad parenting either.

And Letterman's apology was pathetic too. Think about it, Letterman. Do you think Sarah Palin is going to accept your invitation to be on your show after you called her a slut? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

And, as mentioned earlier, we all know if Letterman makes any borderline joke about Obama's family he'd be ripped off the network faster than a new NBC sitcom.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #31 (permalink)

This is revisionist history. Nobody in the media attacked Chelsea Clinton for her awkward looks, not even Rush Limbaugh would not cross that line. The family of prominent figures should be left alone.

Letterman went way over the line and now he needs to deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crr9381 View Post
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #32 (permalink)

Well unfortunately he doesn't have to deal with it because neither he nor anyone at CBS thought his jokes were an issue...
Old 06-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

I dont see Letterman apologizing to anyone
Old 06-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellis74 View Post
I dont see Letterman apologizing to anyone
Well if you notice in the little address he gave I guess it was last night, he doesn't apologize he just tries to pass it off as a mistake. He said it was in bad taste, but one, we have no proof he means what he said, and two, a direct apology to the Palins would be helpful too.

David Letterman defends his sex joke about Sarah Palin's daughter: Late-night talk show host defends what Alaska governor called crude joke about daughter and New York Yankee Alex Rodriguez -- baltimoresun.com
Old 06-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #35 (permalink)

Who cares!!! Letterman should buy us all a case of The Cup!!!

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I don't see a need for him to apologize. It is what it is, a joke and should be taken at face value. Was it in bad taste, maybe. Should he have not used it/them, maybe. But all this PC BS is getting out of control. People need to sack up and grow a backbone. I'm getting tired of the way this country is breeding PC pussies who grow up to have no balls and take extra care to not hurt anyone's precious feelings. There is a line that should not be crossed on certain topics, but it is so damn blurred by double standards that who knows what they can and can't say without being chastised for it. And if anyone actually thinks that Letterman would make that joke about a 14 year old, you are an idiot.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Well if you notice in the little address he gave I guess it was last night, he doesn't apologize he just tries to pass it off as a mistake. He said it was in bad taste, but one, we have no proof he means what he said, and two, a direct apology to the Palins would be helpful too.

David Letterman defends his sex joke about Sarah Palin's daughter: Late-night talk show host defends what Alaska governor called crude joke about daughter and New York Yankee Alex Rodriguez -- baltimoresun.com
I happened to catch that segment last night, and that in no way was an attempt to make an apology. He was being sarcastic about it and showing that he really didn't care what she said. Which I have no problem with. And I still don't think there was anything that he said that bares him owing an apology.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #38 (permalink)

So if he makes a similar "slut" joke regarding Michelle Obama that's fair game too, then, right???
Old 06-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
This is revisionist history. Nobody in the media attacked Chelsea Clinton for her awkward looks, not even Rush Limbaugh would not cross that line. The family of prominent figures should be left alone.

Letterman went way over the line and now he needs to deal with it.
Maybe, but John McCain had no issue making this joke in 1998 at a Republican Senate fund raiser. And this is the guy that was running for President.

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."
Old 06-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
So if he makes a similar "slut" joke regarding Michelle Obama that's fair game too, then, right???
Absolutely. Although he was not directly calling Palin a slut. He was talking about the way she dresses, slutty airline attendant attire, which I found to be pretty spot on...and I supported and voted for her.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Absolutely. Although he was not directly calling Palin a slut. He was talking about the way she dresses, slutty airline attendant attire, which I found to be pretty spot on...and I supported and voted for her.
I'm sorry but that logic doesn't make sense at all. You're telling me there's a difference between saying someone dresses slutty and that someone is a slut? Even if there is, which I guess I can see, it's demeaning. And since when is wearing knee-length skirts and a suitjacket "slutty"? Women wear that to the office everyday! It's not like she's walking around flaunting her cleavage or something!

That, and we ALL know if he makes that joke about Michelle Obama, like I said before, he'd be fired or suspended by CBS right now.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #42 (permalink)

I really think that people in the media made fun of Chelsea Clinton. Either that or it was just every high schooler that I was around. How is this such a big deal? His jokes are not funny at all. The only one that was halfway funny was the slutty flight attendant, and honestly who cares? That is not a horrible slam. I found the whole thing about Bristol more funny that A-Rod actually has sperm left over. That dude ain't screwing anything besides the Yankees, and pictures of himself.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #43 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Yeah that would be fair game, people bringing politics into everything is horrible, you don't know a thing about comedy. The #1 movie in America this week had a 9/11 joke which people laughed about.

You learn to take everything lightly even if it shouldn't be.

People make jokes about OJ savagely murdering 2 people everyday and it's accepted.

God bless the censorship and the FCC in this country.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
funny that A-Rod actually has sperm left over. That dude ain't screwing anything besides the Yankees, and pictures of himself.
There's no denying though that the Yankees were several games below 500 before his return, and now they are 9 games above 500.

His batting average isn't very good right now, but his on-base percentage is among the best on his team. Getting on base helps you win games. Obviously he's proving that.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #45 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
There's no denying though that the Yankees were several games below 500 before his return, and now they are 9 games above 500.

His batting average isn't very good right now, but his on-base percentage is among the best on his team. Getting on base helps you win games. Obviously he's proving that.
what difference does it make if they can't beat Boston?
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #46 (permalink)

ARod has really just done more for Teixaira than anything. He is more about himself. And lets concentrate on the fact that he loves himself more than anything, and his probable sterility.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #47 (permalink)

So far, beating Boston doesn't matter. Their overall record matters right now, and adjustments will be made at the end of the season. No one knows right now if they will be good or bad adjustments.

And sure Arod's done a lot of good for Teixeira, but that's part of him being back. He's helping the Yankees win.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #48 (permalink)

Just as they were saying on Cold Pizza or whatever that show is called on ESPN2, it may not matter in the WL column right now too much, but when they play in August it will matter. If the Yanks go in there losing 9 in a row to Boston, it will matter. It will be in the back of their minds.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
sarah palin is a MILF.
nope. but definitely a gilf

Low-End Kobe and Kevin Durant autos.
Topps Signature Autographs that I don't have (CP3, Dennis Rodman, Ray Allen, Eric Gordon, Russel Westbrook)
deuxmachinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #50 (permalink)

She is still a MILF also. Smokin'.