Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,623
Default David Letterman Crossed The Line w/ Palin Jokes?

I don't care who you are, a couple of these "jokes" crossed the line, and you could tell even some members of the audience didn't like it but they're coached to at least pretend to laugh. Forget politics, this is not "funny". And the one about Palin's daughter is flat-out sick.

David Letterman Sarah Palin Insult (Videos) » Blue Star Chronicles
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,878
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

sarah palin is a MILF.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,623
Default

Why even bother? I second-guessed posting this and apparently I shouldn't have.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
ND3
Member
 
ND3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a Hospital Near You!
Posts: 11,684
Default

Ever been to a Letterman Show taping? You are there to laugh no matter what Dave says.
__________________
Maybe if I stick your head through that window over there you'll get unconfused. Give me the feckkin money. -- Nicky Santoro
http:/www.photobucket.com/nd3
ND3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,345
Default

They were very mean spirited nasty jokes. Can you imagine the kind of hell storm PMSNBC would be having if a right leaning comedian/commentator made similar jokes about Obama's kids? Definitely a double standard in this country.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
"Panini is the Honey Badger of the card collecting world." - Indy
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
They were very mean spirited nasty jokes. Can you imagine the kind of hell storm PMSNBC would be having if a right leaning comedian/commentator made similar jokes about Obama's kids? Definitely a double standard in this country.
I didn't wanna say it but I echo your sentiments 100%. I can accept "jokes" but I don't think Letterman's political opinions are a secret...
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
They were very mean spirited nasty jokes. Can you imagine the kind of hell storm PMSNBC would be having if a right leaning comedian/commentator made similar jokes about Obama's kids? Definitely a double standard in this country.
The "evidence" you've cited does nothing to indicate a double standard at all. You're saying a joke about getting pregnant would be the same if told about the 18 year old (legal), already pregnant and had a kid Bristol Palin compared to the 8 and 10 year old daughters of President Obama that have no history of anything of the sort? Yeah, totally the same...
Bobcat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat88 View Post
The "evidence" you've cited does nothing to indicate a double standard at all. You're saying a joke about getting pregnant would be the same if told about the 18 year old (legal), already pregnant and had a kid Bristol Palin compared to the 8 and 10 year old daughters of President Obama that have no history of anything of the sort? Yeah, totally the same...
I think he is talking about the race issue. Don't quote me on it though.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Boo
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
sarah palin is a MILF.
Actually she is a GILF!
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Actually she is a GILF!
She is both a MILF & a GILF!!!

I would knock the bottom out of her and her daughter!!

PS: Don't tell my g/f!
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,224
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

I haven't watched it but to me comedy has NO BOUNDARIES, the minute you start putting boundaries on it the country is in a horrible place with more censorship.

I love some of the comments under the videos

Quote:
One. I don’t watch Letterman. He’s not funny. well except to the crowd that does follow him and they are pretty much worthless, anyway.
Two. Seeing as Todd Palin cannot act due his circumstances and the fact that the leftards would have a batch of kittens, I volunteer.
To David Letterman: For such reprehensible behaviour, you are cordially invited to meet me in the street in front of my house. We will strip to the waist and go for it. At that point you, Mr. Letterman, will receive the thrashing that you so richly deserve.
This Old Retired Seadog has absolutely no use for garbage like you.
Why can't they just fight with clothes on? lol This country gets so uptight about everything.

Last edited by fm8418; 06-11-2009 at 09:37 AM.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
I think he is talking about the race issue. Don't quote me on it though.
Here's the thing: the race has nothing to do with it at this point (I was thinking he was implying political parties, but it could be race). The fact is, nobody is making jokes about 8/10 year old girls getting pregnant so there's no way you can definitively say it's a race/political thing. If Obama gets re-elected and in 8 years his daughters are running wild, getting pregnant and such and no one makes these jokes... well, then that double standard card is playable. Until then, it just so happens that the white girl is the pregnant and of age one. Nothing anyone can do about that. That's just the fact of the situation.
Bobcat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
I haven't watched it but to me comedy has NO BOUNDARIES, the minute you start putting boundaries on it the country is in a horrible place with more censorship.
I agree for the most part. Honestly, watch it. I don't think anything said was that bad. The only semi-borderline jokes were about Sarah Palin looking like a slutty flight attendant and Bristol Palin getting knocked up. Well, SPalin does kind of rock that look, and BPalin has already been knocked up. Most jokes are backed in some truth...
Bobcat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat88 View Post
Here's the thing: the race has nothing to do with it at this point (I was thinking he was implying political parties, but it could be race). The fact is, nobody is making jokes about 8/10 year old girls getting pregnant so there's no way you can definitively say it's a race/political thing. If Obama gets re-elected and in 8 years his daughters are running wild, getting pregnant and such and no one makes these jokes... well, then that double standard card is playable. Until then, it just so happens that the white girl is the pregnant and of age one. Nothing anyone can do about that. That's just the fact of the situation.
Sounds like a race issue to me!!!......LOL

Did you know that a majority of young black girls & young white trash girls that get pregnant do it so they will not have to work. Then they recieve their WIC, Food Stamps & SSI and live off of that. The more kids they have the more money they make. Sad but true!!!
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,224
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Sounds like a race issue to me!!!......LOL

Did you know that a majority of young black girls & young white trash girls that get pregnant do it so they will not have to work. Then they recieve their WIC, Food Stamps & SSI and live off of that. The more kids they have the more money they make. Sad but true!!!
the best part is us regular working people can buy their free stuff off of them for 1/2 off!!!! They get so much free milk each week they can't use it all!

Find a nice crack head and you can buy their food stamp debit card for a fraction of the cost
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat88 View Post
The "evidence" you've cited does nothing to indicate a double standard at all. You're saying a joke about getting pregnant would be the same if told about the 18 year old (legal), already pregnant and had a kid Bristol Palin compared to the 8 and 10 year old daughters of President Obama that have no history of anything of the sort? Yeah, totally the same...
Making fun of the innocent children of politicians. Totally the same.

If this is what America wants, then so be it. Not for me to determine what's fair game for comedy, and get this, I've written comedy for national comedians, so I know a little about the subject.

I'm not even bringing race into the subject. I just think, and perhaps it's only me, that if someone were making jokes at the expense of the Presidents daughters for perceived and or truthful things they've done or are doing the press would be going Ape S*** over it. No doubt about it in my mind, but because this is a conservative woman and her daughter, then the off color offensive jokes are ok.

That is the double standard I speak of, and it does exist.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
"Panini is the Honey Badger of the card collecting world." - Indy

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 06-11-2009 at 09:59 AM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Sounds like a race issue to me!!!......LOL

Did you know that a majority of young black girls & young white trash girls that get pregnant do it so they will not have to work. Then they recieve their WIC, Food Stamps & SSI and live off of that. The more kids they have the more money they make. Sad but true!!!
Apparently your reading comprehension needs a little work. I'll give you another version of what I said to help: Nobody is making pregnant jokes about Obama's kids because they're not even teenagers and they have no history of wild behavior. Palin's kid is of legal age and has a kid of her own. She's already been pregnant, so making a pregnant joke isn't nearly such a big deal. As such being the case, you cannot say that the jokes being aimed only towards the Palins is anything to do with race or political party. However, IF in 8 years Obama's kids are acting like Bristol Palin and no one makes these jokes, then you can play the race/political party card. As of now, it's just a coincidence that Bristol Palin, who happens to be white, is the one who has gotten pregnant and is 18. The Obama children, who happen to be black, are 8/10 and not pregnant. My comment had nothing to do with race being the explanation. In fact, it was quite the contrary.
Bobcat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Making fun of the innocent children of politicians. Totally the same.
Making pregnant jokes about children in elementary school
versus
Making pregnant jokes about a legal adult who is a mother that was... get this... pregnant!

Totally the same, right?
Bobcat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Didn't she have the baby at 17??? That would have made her an underage ho in my book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat88 View Post
Apparently your reading comprehension needs a little work. I'll give you another version of what I said to help: Nobody is making pregnant jokes about Obama's kids because they're not even teenagers and they have no history of wild behavior. Palin's kid is of legal age and has a kid of her own. She's already been pregnant, so making a pregnant joke isn't nearly such a big deal. As such being the case, you cannot say that the jokes being aimed only towards the Palins is anything to do with race or political party. However, IF in 8 years Obama's kids are acting like Bristol Palin and no one makes these jokes, then you can play the race/political party card. As of now, it's just a coincidence that Bristol Palin, who happens to be white, is the one who has gotten pregnant and is 18. The Obama children, who happen to be black, are 8/10 and not pregnant. My comment had nothing to do with race being the explanation. In fact, it was quite the contrary.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Didn't she have the baby at 17??? That would have made her an underage ho in my book!
Didn't Letterman make the joke when she was 18???
Bobcat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat88 View Post
Making pregnant jokes about children in elementary school
versus
Making pregnant jokes about a legal adult who is a mother that was... get this... pregnant!

Totally the same, right?
No, you're right, one is pregnant and a teenager, the other is 8 and not pregnant, and your point? So, you're saying that makes it ok to make public jokes at their expense? These are kids, not politicians. By your logic, all children of politicians should be ridiculed in public broadcast to millions. Not just pregnant ones. Why limit it to only pregnant ones who are older? They are not the ones running for office.. I simply do not understand why we attack the children of politicians. It's such a low, desperate, feeble position for the left.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
"Panini is the Honey Badger of the card collecting world." - Indy
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat88 View Post
Didn't Letterman make the joke when she was 18???
Regardless. She got pregnant when she was 17. The only difference is that she has her family's money to support her.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,224
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Didn't she have the baby at 17??? That would have made her an underage ho in my book!
a lot of age of consent laws is 16 so 17 is wayyy old

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
No, you're right, one is pregnant and a teenager, the other is 8 and not pregnant, and your point? So, you're saying that makes it ok to make public jokes at their expense? These are kids, not politicians. By your logic, all children of politicians should be ridiculed in public broadcast to millions. Not just pregnant ones. Why limit it to only pregnant ones who are older? They are not the ones running for office.. I simply do not understand why we attack the children of politicians. It's such a low, desperate, feeble position for the left.
Because it's fun when they portray the family as a tight nit group when it's just a show and the father of the baby could careless except Grandma is kinda running for office so they have to make them look like a great couple.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
a lot of age of consent laws is 16 so 17 is wayyy old



Because it's fun when they portray the family as a tight nit group when it's just a show and the father of the baby could careless except Grandma is kinda running for office so they have to make them look like a great couple.
What? So, you're trying to justify it? I like Letterman for the most part, don't like his politics, and when he mixes the two, he comes off as a schmuck.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
"Panini is the Honey Badger of the card collecting world." - Indy
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,224
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
What? So, you're trying to justify it? I like Letterman for the most part, don't like his politics, and when he mixes the two, he comes off as a schmuck.
I could careless is my stance, everyones fair game.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.