Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,601
Default Bacon Lovers' Lifesaver?

A couple nights ago, I was watching a Food Fest or whatever on QVC and they were selling something called "Bacon Salt", which with 0 calories, 0 fat, etc. makes anything taste like bacon. So instead of having bacon AND eggs, you could have eggs topped with bacon salt, making it a little more appealing to your health. They showed it on salads, burgers, all kinds of things. (Even BLT's with lettuce and tomato with salt instead of actual bacon!) I'm not brave enough to try it yet, but I have a feeling I will soon because I'm an admitted bacon addict and being 23 I don't want it to be only a matter of time before I start paying the price.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
miller45452003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,678
Default

mmmmmmmmm baaaacccccoooooonnnnnnn! I'm a sucker for a big plate of this stuff
__________________
Buying Jason Kipnis from 2010 Bowman Chrome....any and all!!
miller45452003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
flobert1205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
A couple nights ago, I was watching a Food Fest or whatever on QVC and they were selling something called "Bacon Salt", which with 0 calories, 0 fat, etc. makes anything taste like bacon. So instead of having bacon AND eggs, you could have eggs topped with bacon salt, making it a little more appealing to your health. They showed it on salads, burgers, all kinds of things. (Even BLT's with lettuce and tomato with salt instead of actual bacon!) I'm not brave enough to try it yet, but I have a feeling I will soon because I'm an admitted bacon addict and being 23 I don't want it to be only a matter of time before I start paying the price.

I wonder how many ingredients are in the product that are pronounceable????
__________________
Putting the Rainbow together of Marquise Goodwin from Topps Chrome - Autos and Non Autos
flobert1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Nothing like extra crispy........burnt to black bacon!!!!

Don't you love frying bacon on a frying pan?
-the pieces start out 12 inches long and then crinkle up to 3-4 inches? If you want them extra crispy anyway!
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,206
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

they have sunflower seeds at the store with bacon salt
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 264
Default

For all you bacon lovers out there: Conan had a product on his show last night that was Bacon flavored vodka... sounds gross though.
Bobcat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,206
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Bacon flavored chocolate is good actually.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
pduce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Posts: 1,153
Default

I have had 10 bags of the bacon salt seeds in the last 2 weeks, they are my new addiction. Haven't found the salt yet, but am on the hunt.
__________________
Philip
pduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduce View Post
I have had 10 bags of the bacon salt seeds in the last 2 weeks, they are my new addiction. Haven't found the salt yet, but am on the hunt.
pduce!!!!!

Your like a girl on the rag. You only show up once a month!!...........if that
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Brad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WI
Posts: 3,524
Default

For those too lazy to go to the store and look for the stuff, 2 containers for $7.99 shipped:

J&D's Original Bacon Salt-2 Pack - Buy.com
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
pduce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Posts: 1,153
Default

Actually, embarrased to say, but I am here Monday-Thursday while at work. There is little to say anymore and it wasn't for my addition to bacon salt seeds I would not have even posted today. I do still break quite a bit of products and still build most sets, but don't post breaks anymore because I was tired of having "sick" stuff all the time and having to take my cards to the doctor so I keep my case breaks to myself.

Thanks Nick for your concern..it made my Thursday a little more special.
__________________
Philip
pduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
pduce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Posts: 1,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradolson View Post
For those too lazy to go to the store and look for the stuff, 2 containers for $7.99 shipped:

J&D's Original Bacon Salt-2 Pack - Buy.com
Thanks Brad,
I had been looking, but not too hard, since I am allready on Blood Pressure medication. I love me some salt and I have a feeling that it will no doubt be the death of me.
__________________
Philip
pduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
findizzle04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kent City, MI
Posts: 1,098
Default

Thanks Pduce for the heads up on the bacon seeds, I love me some sunflower seeds, so I just ordered me 3 pack. I hope they are as good as you say.
__________________
Everything in my bucket (findizzle04) is for sale/trade!!!!
http://s547.photobucket.com/albums/hh443/findizzle04/
findizzle04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
pduce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Posts: 1,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by findizzle04 View Post
Thanks Pduce for the heads up on the bacon seeds, I love me some sunflower seeds, so I just ordered me 3 pack. I hope they are as good as you say.
You can get them at most convient stores now. They are actually Bigs brand which seems fairly new. There are a few flavors(they make dill pickle and 3 others) and they do take a little time to get used to, but if you like BBQ they are not much different other than they are grittier. I go through a bag per BB game I watch.
__________________
Philip
pduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
findizzle04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kent City, MI
Posts: 1,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduce View Post
You can get them at most convient stores now. They are actually Bigs brand which seems fairly new. There are a few flavors(they make dill pickle and 3 others) and they do take a little time to get used to, but if you like BBQ they are not much different other than they are grittier. I go through a bag per BB game I watch.
I have never heard of/seen Bigs brand before, so I just got em online. I only eat David Nacho Cheese right now, and I can even find that in stores, I have to special order them from a grocery stores account rep that I met while working for Coca Cola. Perks of the job I guess.
__________________
Everything in my bucket (findizzle04) is for sale/trade!!!!
http://s547.photobucket.com/albums/hh443/findizzle04/
findizzle04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,588
Default

These sound almost too good to be true. I must try them some time soon.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.