Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Taking a break from the hobby

Hey all,

Decided to take a break from the hobby. Had what you would call a near death experience a few weeks ago and my life flashed before my eyes (didn't take that long ). When I got the all clear, I started evaluating and I spend too much time doing this.

I have my girls home this summer for the last time, next year Kara starts Kindergarten all day and Melody will be in all-day pre-K. I have decided to spend as much time with them as possible, and that will keep me out of the hobby for the most part.

I plan to poke in now and then when they are sleeping, but really anything hobby I do is going to be with them in mind, so I imagine that Hannah Montana wax boxes are going to be more common this summer than Bowman Baseball, and frankly I can't wait.

So my friends, I'm not abandoning you, but if I'm not around for a bit, I'm sure you will understand.

FYI, I'm no longer a MOD on Blowout, I told Pat that I couldn't devote the time to it anymore that they needed from a MOD (please don't flood Pat with requests to be a MOD, he has my recommendations and I'm sure that there are already some folks ready in the Pez dispenser).

In His Steps,

Jim
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Hey all,

Decided to take a break from the hobby. Had what you would call a near death experience a few weeks ago and my life flashed before my eyes (didn't take that long ). When I got the all clear, I started evaluating and I spend too much time doing this.

I have my girls home this summer for the last time, next year Kara starts Kindergarten all day and Melody will be in all-day pre-K. I have decided to spend as much time with them as possible, and that will keep me out of the hobby for the most part.

I plan to poke in now and then when they are sleeping, but really anything hobby I do is going to be with them in mind, so I imagine that Hannah Montana wax boxes are going to be more common this summer than Bowman Baseball, and frankly I can't wait.

So my friends, I'm not abandoning you, but if I'm not around for a bit, I'm sure you will understand.

FYI, I'm no longer a MOD on Blowout, I told Pat that I couldn't devote the time to it anymore that they needed from a MOD (please don't flood Pat with requests to be a MOD, he has my recommendations and I'm sure that there are already some folks ready in the Pez dispenser).

In His Steps,

Jim
Great decision. Wishing you all the best.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Good luck bro!

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Jim,

Always a pleasure. Lurk anytime you want!! Good luck with the kids and the new Business.

-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Glad to hear your ok, a break will probably be a good thing. It is always smart to step back ocasionally and see if it is really fun enough to spend the money on. It also makes you appreciate it more.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I hope all is well. You couldn't have made a better decision, believe me. Someday if we have the time I'll explain what I mean by that. Time not spent with your children is something you will never get back!!!

If you need anything I'm just down the road. Good luck and happy crackin on the Hannah Montana
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Can't argue...

My daughter is finishing kindergarten this year and it's amazing how she's grown. Enjoy every moment.

Best Always,
Vinny
Old 06-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Good luck and enjoy it, because these will be the fastest times of your life....My daughter is now 14 and we went bathing suit shopping last night and to say the least she wanted a 2-piece and I insisted on a one piece, mommy sided with her and I went to the car and pouted until they came out with a two piece, she went home tried it on and didn't like so we went back and returned it and she couldn't find anything she liked so I'm like wear a tank top and swimming trunks and you've got your two-piece....But we will be shopping for a bathing suit this weekend so the grass won't get mowed or anything else because it will take ALL WEEKEND!!!...So enjoy these fun innocent years because in 8 or ten years you'll wonder where those days went.
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Its those moments with your children that make it all worth it. My daughter will be three this August and I get the biggest kick out of watching her grow up. Its amazing to think how little time we get to spend with those we love because of other things ..ie work, hobbies, honey do lists. Great decision and I wish you the best.
kevinshreves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Jim,
Good luck with everything. I'm glad your okay and still around. Family is #1 and its great your going to be spending more time with your girls. Have a great summer with them!

Cheers,
Byron
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Good Luck and most of all have fun. You can't ever get lost time back.

RIP PAPAJIM
keggobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

Jim I know I never talked with you or anything like that, but I wish you and your family happiness and good health.
I will levae you with my favorite saying from the late TuPac Shakur(R.I.P)
"Why question my love when its so easy to see, with out my family all I am left with is a shadow of me"
Take care,
Anthony
Old 06-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

Good Luck. We'll miss your educated Policital views.....Oh yeah...we'll miss your Hobby insight as well. Take care.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Have fun with the time off. With my son I mostly open up non-sport now. It is a lot more fun opening up cards together. ENJOY!