Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 530
Default One of the members here is a shill bidder look here!

08 UD Heroes Bo Jackson GU 2 Colored Patch #07/10 Rare - eBay (item 320380590576 end time Jun-12-09 21:08:46 PDT)


If you look at it the one seller with only 6 feedback has all his bid activity only with this seller. Activity with this seller 100%? Odd huh? I thought so too. His name is the same as his ebay.
dashouls is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Nodie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 5,195
Default

that is pretty strange
__________________
#Team Connor
Running For Connor - http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/556420-running-connor.html
Nodie27 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,631
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

Little quick to accuse him of shill bidding on his own items there. 30 day records show that the buyer bid 1 time on another of his items and it looks like he incrementally increased his bid on this item to reach his own max buy price. I've bid 5-10 times on one item doing the same thing, trying to get it as cheap as possible before reaching my max bid. It may still be a shill bid situation, but I might give the benefit of the doubt on this one. If he had bid on more of the sellers items, it might make me think differently.
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Little quick to accuse him of shill bidding on his own items there. 30 day records show that the buyer bid 1 time on another of his items and it looks like he incrementally increased his bid on this item to reach his own max buy price. I've bid 5-10 times on one item doing the same thing, trying to get it as cheap as possible before reaching my max bid. It may still be a shill bid situation, but I might give the benefit of the doubt on this one. If he had bid on more of the sellers items, it might make me think differently.
Oh no I'm not accusing him *yet* I was just letting everyone know because 1. The price seemed high. 2. It looked suspicous and it was a board member.
dashouls is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
go_steelers07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 9,218
Default

why not ask the board member through a PM FIRST before you took it upon your self to start a thread about it?
__________________
A wise man once said, **All Food Turns Into P00P**
go_steelers07 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
findizzle04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kent City, MI
Posts: 1,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashouls View Post
Oh no I'm not accusing him *yet* I was just letting everyone know because 1. The price seemed high. 2. It looked suspicous and it was a board member.
How is creating a thread that says a member is a shill bidder, not accusing someone of shill bidding???
__________________
Everything in my bucket (findizzle04) is for sale/trade!!!!
http://s547.photobucket.com/albums/hh443/findizzle04/
findizzle04 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
crr9381's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,361
Default

you arent accusing them, but the title to your post is that one of the members here is a shill bidder. He bid on 2 items from the seller. If you looked at my ebay account and bidding history, it might appear that i am a shill bidder because i bid on a lot of cards that the owner of my lcs lists because i dont have to pay for shipping.
__________________
Currently looking for the following cards:
1992 score mickey mantle autograph(Already Got)
1994 upper deck mickey mantle autograph
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,631
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

Add to it the fact that the current max bid is $22 more than the potential shill bidder's high bid. Not sure about the shill bidders you've seen in the past, but I would think they would shill it up when the item was getting close to finishing to drive the price up to higher than it should be. Not bidding when there is a group of bidders that are easily willing to surpass that early bid.
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
why not ask the board member through a PM FIRST before you took it upon your self to start a thread about it?
Why would I pm him and ask him if he was a shill bidder? Because even if he is he is going to tell me no. And I was waiting for his response so im not accusing him quite yet.( you know what I mean.) If he backs him self up I would assume he is or isnt depending on the type of his response.
dashouls is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
go_steelers07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 9,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashouls View Post
Why would I pm him and ask him if he was a shill bidder? Because even if he is he is going to tell me no. And I was waiting for his response so im not accusing him quite yet.( you know what I mean.) If he backs him self up I would assume he is or isnt depending on the type of his response.
this is what you do through PM's first before ACCUSING him......... and in your thread title, you accused him............
__________________
A wise man once said, **All Food Turns Into P00P**
go_steelers07 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
findizzle04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kent City, MI
Posts: 1,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashouls View Post
Why would I pm him and ask him if he was a shill bidder? Because even if he is he is going to tell me no. And I was waiting for his response so im not accusing him quite yet.( you know what I mean.) If he backs him self up I would assume he is or isnt depending on the type of his response.
The more you "explain yourself" the worse you look. Again:

HOW IS THIS NOT ACCUSING HIM OF SHILL BIDDING?????
__________________
Everything in my bucket (findizzle04) is for sale/trade!!!!
http://s547.photobucket.com/albums/hh443/findizzle04/
findizzle04 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
crr9381's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashouls View Post
Why would I pm him and ask him if he was a shill bidder? Because even if he is he is going to tell me no. And I was waiting for his response so im not accusing him quite yet.( you know what I mean.) If he backs him self up I would assume he is or isnt depending on the type of his response.
So if he doesnt defend himself to a false accusation to your liking, that makes him a shill bidder? wow, im glad the legal system doesnt work like that.
__________________
Currently looking for the following cards:
1992 score mickey mantle autograph(Already Got)
1994 upper deck mickey mantle autograph
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
findizzle04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kent City, MI
Posts: 1,098
Default

__________________
Everything in my bucket (findizzle04) is for sale/trade!!!!
http://s547.photobucket.com/albums/hh443/findizzle04/
findizzle04 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 530
Default

Ok guys chill out. I was trying to help you guys of what might be an auction you wanted to avoid. Jeez findizzle your probably a 30 something waiting to make fun of a 15 year old kid. You must feel pretty cool man. Pretty cool....
dashouls is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
gizmo675675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Portland...rip city
Posts: 3,183
Default

D stop digging a "BIG" hole...... and think about what you are saying, before you say it...
__________________
LOOKING FOR NICOLAS BATUM & KEVIN DURANT cards I dont have already.
gizmo675675 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 2,222
Default

Just a piece of advice for you....you may want to watch yourself around here and lay low with your prior history for a little while....even if your accusations are true.
__________________
I collect anyone who played hockey at the University of Maine (Paul Kariya, Jimmy Howard, Dustin Penner, Mike Lundin, Ben Bishop, Teddy Purcell, etc).

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
Just a piece of advice for you....you may want to watch yourself around here and lay low with your prior history for a little while....even if your accusations are true.
Well IF my accusations are true then I should have nothing to hide. I dont care about my past history thats happened it's done it's over.
dashouls is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,264
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

Yes its over with. But for me just getting on and reading this...your not questioning anything, with the title and your text, your flat out blaming someone for something that may or may not be true. In the real world this would be slander and you'd better have an attorney.
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
signal_fifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Brass City
Posts: 847
Default

Why do you guys even respond to the crap that he posts? That's all he wants, is to stir the pot. If you let it go, maybe, just maybe, he will go away...
__________________
Buying single signed HOF baseballs
San Francisco Giants
#evenyear
signal_fifty is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal_fifty View Post
Why do you guys even respond to the crap that he posts? That's all he wants, is to stir the pot. If you let it go, maybe, just maybe, he will go away...
Look who is talking your relatively new here yourself.
dashouls is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashouls View Post
Look who is talking your relatively new here yourself.
Only a year and a half compared to your 4 months...
petyparamoreAHS is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
signal_fifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Brass City
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petyparamoreAHS View Post
Only a year and a half compared to your 4 months...
And might I add, a year and a half with out any vacations
__________________
Buying single signed HOF baseballs
San Francisco Giants
#evenyear
signal_fifty is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal_fifty View Post
And might I add, a year and a half with out any vacations
You also have only 12 transactions and 185 posts. Not Impressing me or giving you respect. Petey I will he posts frequently and has a decent amount of transactions
dashouls is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
crr9381's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,361
Default

you should give people respect because they are upstanding members and arent going around accusing people of unethical behavior with little evidence. And fish is correct, you could be sued for slander based off of what you said.
__________________
Currently looking for the following cards:
1992 score mickey mantle autograph(Already Got)
1994 upper deck mickey mantle autograph
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crr9381 View Post
you should give people respect because they are upstanding members and arent going around accusing people of unethical behavior with little evidence. And fish is correct, you could be sued for slander based off of what you said.
Trust me I cannont be sued. And If it doesnt involve you dont post. I swear a new person calls someone out. And all you "Vets" Hop on his dick enough is enough seriously. The anything people talk about is the new annoying kids. Seriously guys were you once 12-14? Their new to the hobby and as you guys being " Vets" should help them out with pointers and such not make or post Obnoxious pictures saying schools out ect ect. Really guys if you think about it your what 30-40 years old and are picking on middle school and highschool kids. Then you guys call them Immature? Ok I get it the Buy my Dontrelle Willis Base card for 100$ gets annoying but just let it slide by... No need to put stupid things on their threads. Pm them and teach them. Just for you "vets" have a little respect for the new people. I'm here to have a good time as is everyone else.
dashouls is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.