Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default One of the members here is a shill bidder look here!

08 UD Heroes Bo Jackson GU 2 Colored Patch #07/10 Rare - eBay (item 320380590576 end time Jun-12-09 21:08:46 PDT)

If you look at it the one seller with only 6 feedback has all his bid activity only with this seller. Activity with this seller 100%? Odd huh? I thought so too. His name is the same as his ebay.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

that is pretty strange
Old 06-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Little quick to accuse him of shill bidding on his own items there. 30 day records show that the buyer bid 1 time on another of his items and it looks like he incrementally increased his bid on this item to reach his own max buy price. I've bid 5-10 times on one item doing the same thing, trying to get it as cheap as possible before reaching my max bid. It may still be a shill bid situation, but I might give the benefit of the doubt on this one. If he had bid on more of the sellers items, it might make me think differently.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Little quick to accuse him of shill bidding on his own items there. 30 day records show that the buyer bid 1 time on another of his items and it looks like he incrementally increased his bid on this item to reach his own max buy price. I've bid 5-10 times on one item doing the same thing, trying to get it as cheap as possible before reaching my max bid. It may still be a shill bid situation, but I might give the benefit of the doubt on this one. If he had bid on more of the sellers items, it might make me think differently.
Oh no I'm not accusing him *yet* I was just letting everyone know because 1. The price seemed high. 2. It looked suspicous and it was a board member.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

why not ask the board member through a PM FIRST before you took it upon your self to start a thread about it?
Old 06-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashouls View Post
Oh no I'm not accusing him *yet* I was just letting everyone know because 1. The price seemed high. 2. It looked suspicous and it was a board member.
How is creating a thread that says a member is a shill bidder, not accusing someone of shill bidding???
Old 06-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

you arent accusing them, but the title to your post is that one of the members here is a shill bidder. He bid on 2 items from the seller. If you looked at my ebay account and bidding history, it might appear that i am a shill bidder because i bid on a lot of cards that the owner of my lcs lists because i dont have to pay for shipping.
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
Old 06-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Add to it the fact that the current max bid is $22 more than the potential shill bidder's high bid. Not sure about the shill bidders you've seen in the past, but I would think they would shill it up when the item was getting close to finishing to drive the price up to higher than it should be. Not bidding when there is a group of bidders that are easily willing to surpass that early bid.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
why not ask the board member through a PM FIRST before you took it upon your self to start a thread about it?
Why would I pm him and ask him if he was a shill bidder? Because even if he is he is going to tell me no. And I was waiting for his response so im not accusing him quite yet.( you know what I mean.) If he backs him self up I would assume he is or isnt depending on the type of his response.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Why would I pm him and ask him if he was a shill bidder? Because even if he is he is going to tell me no. And I was waiting for his response so im not accusing him quite yet.( you know what I mean.) If he backs him self up I would assume he is or isnt depending on the type of his response.
this is what you do through PM's first before ACCUSING him......... and in your thread title, you accused him............
Old 06-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
The more you "explain yourself" the worse you look. Again:

HOW IS THIS NOT ACCUSING HIM OF SHILL BIDDING?????
Old 06-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
So if he doesnt defend himself to a false accusation to your liking, that makes him a shill bidder? wow, im glad the legal system doesnt work like that.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Old 06-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Ok guys chill out. I was trying to help you guys of what might be an auction you wanted to avoid. Jeez findizzle your probably a 30 something waiting to make fun of a 15 year old kid. You must feel pretty cool man. Pretty cool....
Old 06-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

D stop digging a "BIG" hole...... and think about what you are saying, before you say it...
Old 06-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

Just a piece of advice for you....you may want to watch yourself around here and lay low with your prior history for a little while....even if your accusations are true.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
Old 06-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
Just a piece of advice for you....you may want to watch yourself around here and lay low with your prior history for a little while....even if your accusations are true.
Well IF my accusations are true then I should have nothing to hide. I dont care about my past history thats happened it's done it's over.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Yes its over with. But for me just getting on and reading this...your not questioning anything, with the title and your text, your flat out blaming someone for something that may or may not be true. In the real world this would be slander and you'd better have an attorney.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

Why do you guys even respond to the crap that he posts? That's all he wants, is to stir the pot. If you let it go, maybe, just maybe, he will go away...
Old 06-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal_fifty View Post
Why do you guys even respond to the crap that he posts? That's all he wants, is to stir the pot. If you let it go, maybe, just maybe, he will go away...
Look who is talking your relatively new here yourself.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Look who is talking your relatively new here yourself.
Only a year and a half compared to your 4 months...
Old 06-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petyparamoreAHS View Post
Only a year and a half compared to your 4 months...
And might I add, a year and a half with out any vacations
Old 06-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal_fifty View Post
And might I add, a year and a half with out any vacations
You also have only 12 transactions and 185 posts. Not Impressing me or giving you respect. Petey I will he posts frequently and has a decent amount of transactions
Old 06-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #24 (permalink)

you should give people respect because they are upstanding members and arent going around accusing people of unethical behavior with little evidence. And fish is correct, you could be sued for slander based off of what you said.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crr9381 View Post
you should give people respect because they are upstanding members and arent going around accusing people of unethical behavior with little evidence. And fish is correct, you could be sued for slander based off of what you said.
Trust me I cannont be sued. And If it doesnt involve you dont post. I swear a new person calls someone out. And all you "Vets" Hop on his dick enough is enough seriously. The anything people talk about is the new annoying kids. Seriously guys were you once 12-14? Their new to the hobby and as you guys being " Vets" should help them out with pointers and such not make or post Obnoxious pictures saying schools out ect ect. Really guys if you think about it your what 30-40 years old and are picking on middle school and highschool kids. Then you guys call them Immature? Ok I get it the Buy my Dontrelle Willis Base card for 100$ gets annoying but just let it slide by... No need to put stupid things on their threads. Pm them and teach them. Just for you "vets" have a little respect for the new people. I'm here to have a good time as is everyone else.
Closed Thread