Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Talk about a bad morning. Daddy it's raining in the kitchen...

Well I got woke up this morning to what sounded like a war going on outside my house. We've experienced some bad thunderstorms the past couple of days but nothing too bad. This morning was a little different. I heard transformers blowing up and what sounded like some trees falling. I thought there might be a tornado somewhere close so I run to my sons room to make sure he's safe. I get downstairs to his room and he's not there I guess the storm and all the noise got him up also. I hollared for him to see where he was and he hollars back "daddy come here.....it's raining in the kitchen." Uhhohhh. He was right. Rain was pouring in from all the light fixtures and celing. It's still coming a sh*t storm outside so I can't go out to see where the damage is, so me and my 3 year old start getting buckets, pots, and anything we could find to catch the water. My son was having fun with it ,it was like a game to him I guess.

About an hour later the storm lifts and I go outside to see about 12 ft of the top of a large oak impelled through my roof. NICE! Well a trip to Lowes and a few hours later the problem is fixed but talk about a sh*tty way to wake up. Looks like the community got hit by tornado. It wasn't confirmed to have touched down but it did enough damage. Best of all is that we are all ok and all the damage that was done can be fixed with a little time and money. I may have to bust some wax to lift my spirits this week.

"Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...."
bigmon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Man talk about raining on your perade Sorry I had to do it, glad to hear you all are okay and that your son had a blast.(Atleast one of you did)
Old 06-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Good to hear that you are both ok. Having a tree fall through your house is a very serious accident, good thing only the top of one fell on yours. Hope you get it fixed up, and I wish you luck.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah.. good luck w/ everything. Better start digging out your insurance paperwork.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm going through something similar right now. Had an adjuster and four roofing companies out last week, still don't have any $$$ from my insurance company yet. Hope things go smoother for you than my last week has been.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Glad to hear everyone's safe. Now, why don't you just get an alarm clock to wake up to in the mornings like everyone else...it's cheaper and doesn't need much maintenance. LOL!
nephinfan is offline   Reply With Quote