Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Postal Carriers

I hope I'm not offending anyone here that may happen to be a postal carrier....but has anyone else not had their mail delivered because someone happens to be parked in front of your mailbox?

I've had this happen twice.....both where I live now and the my old house. The postal carriers have left had written messages on some of my mail saying they didn't deliver the mail on whatever day because there was a car blocking my mailbox. Are you kidding me? How do they expect me to control a public street? Its not like its a red zone or anything. Am I supposed to have the city post no parking signs in front of my mailbox? I'm just fairly annoyed because it seems like the postal carriers are being a little lazy and not wanting to get out of their jeeps to put the mail in the box. When I lived at my old house we looked into moving our mailbox from on the street to up near our front door, but apparently you need some kind of permit approval from the post master approving the move :P

What happened to the "neither rain, nor snow" motto? I guess a parked car is worse than all of those.

Sorry......I feel much better now
csun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Go to your Post Office branch and speak with the supervisor of the carriers. I dont think that having a car parked on a public street is a valid reason to not deliver the mail to you. My carrier just had his route changed and he now HAS to walk in my neighborhood.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by csun22 View Post
I hope I'm not offending anyone here that may happen to be a postal carrier....but has anyone else not had their mail delivered because someone happens to be parked in front of your mailbox?

I've had this happen twice.....both where I live now and the my old house. The postal carriers have left had written messages on some of my mail saying they didn't deliver the mail on whatever day because there was a car blocking my mailbox. Are you kidding me? How do they expect me to control a public street? Its not like its a red zone or anything. Am I supposed to have the city post no parking signs in front of my mailbox? I'm just fairly annoyed because it seems like the postal carriers are being a little lazy and not wanting to get out of their jeeps to put the mail in the box. When I lived at my old house we looked into moving our mailbox from on the street to up near our front door, but apparently you need some kind of permit approval from the post master approving the move :P

What happened to the "neither rain, nor snow" motto? I guess a parked car is worse than all of those.

Sorry......I feel much better now
Let me get this straight. They didnt deliver your mail because a car was there, but they had time to put a note in your box?....that doesn't make sence. I've got a great guy delivering our mail, which reminds me..I gotta get something for him to put in our box as a thank you for xmas.
iluvfish2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well, they put the note on a piece of my mail the next day. There was nothing in my mailbox the day the car was in front of it. We used to have a great mail lady, she was very friendly and knew our names and went out of her way to talk to us for a few minutes whenever we happened to be there when she dropped our mail off. We got her something for the one holiday season she was on our route but she got transferred

Its not even like the car would have prevented the person from actually putting mail in it since the mailbox is actually on the edge of my front lawn and there's a sidewalk in between the curb and the mailbox. The person was just plain lazy.
csun22 is offline   Reply With Quote