Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #301 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
die thread die !!!!!!!!!!!!
Reported for making a threatening post.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #302 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
die thread die !!!!!!!!!!!!
My name is actually Thread, so I'm assuming this a direct threat to me. Reported.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #303 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Reported for making a threatening post.
reported for reporting a threatening post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
My name is actually Thread, so I'm assuming this a direct threat to me. Reported.
reported for having a stupid name. There I said it! Stupid thread!...
Old 12-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #304 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
Ppl gave this guy crap but when I made my first deal here with a barren mcfadden spa I got ridiculed like hell. He never paid but we agreed and someone offered me more so i took that deal. His sn was texas something. Everyone jumped down my throat for this. I sold it to.someone for more even though me and him agreed. 2 and a half years ago ppl said they wouldnt deal with me because of this. Now its ok to do.......WTF!!!!!
You had an agreed upon price. Op did not.

Darren Mcfadden 3 Clr Patch Sp Authentic
Old 12-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #305 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Ppl gave this guy crap but when I made my first deal here with a barren mcfadden spa I got ridiculed like hell. He never paid but we agreed and someone offered me more so i took that deal. His sn was texas something. Everyone jumped down my throat for this. I sold it to.someone for more even though me and him agreed. 2 and a half years ago ppl said they wouldnt deal with me because of this. Now its ok to do.......WTF!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
You had an agreed upon price. Op did not.

Darren Mcfadden 3 Clr Patch Sp Authentic
Damn don't you hate it when facts get in the way of your argument.

bigzig for the win.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #306 (permalink)

You flat hosed multiple people so it might be a good time for you to scurry back in the background.

Quote:
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #307 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Nope. Until a deal is finalized he can sell them to anyone. It sucks for you, but your sense of entitlement is wrong.
When exactly is a deal finalized? Ask 100 diffrent people and these will be the exact responses you will get

25 people will say a deal is finalized when a paypal addy is exchanged

25 people will say a deal is finalized when money exchanges hands

25 people will say when an address is exchanged

25 people will say when both parties say "ok, its a deal"

Everyone has thier own opinion of when a deal is finalized. So if someones leaves you a negative because in thier opinion the deal was finalized can the other person leave a negatve as well for backing out of the deal because in thier eyes the deal was not finalized. A trade manager would solve this problem instantly. If the "agree to trade" tab is clicked then its a finalized deal. If the "agree to trade" tab is not clicked the the deal is not finalized. It would not allow buyers and sellers to leave negative feedback based on thier personal opinion of when a deal is finalized. Because as I stated up above, everyone has a diffrent opinion.

Last edited by cking; 12-07-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #308 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
when exactly is a deal finalized? Ask 100 diffrent people and these will be the exact responses you will get

everyone has thier own opinion of when a deal is finalized. So if someones leaves you a negative because in thier opinion the deal was finalized can the other person leave a negatve as well for backing out of the deal because in thier eyes the deal was not finalized. a trade manager would solve this problem instantly. If the "agree to trade" tab is clicked then its a finalized deal. If the "agree to trade" tab is not clicked the the deal is not finalized. it would not allow buyers and sellers to leave negative feedback based on thier personal opinion of when a deal is finalized. Because as i stated up above, everyone has a diffrent opinion.
flim flam brazzel zazzle bliddy bloo faffle raf pudding pop !
Old 12-07-2012, 02:58 AM   #309 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I wish I had a Barren McFadden SPA!

BARREN is the MAN!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 AM   #310 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
When exactly is a deal finalized? Ask 100 diffrent people and these will be the exact responses you will get

Everyone has thier own opinion of when a deal is finalized. So if someones leaves you a negative because in thier opinion the deal was finalized can the other person leave a negatve as well for backing out of the deal because in thier eyes the deal was not finalized. A trade manager would solve this problem instantly. If the "agree to trade" tab is clicked then its a finalized deal. If the "agree to trade" tab is not clicked the the deal is not finalized. It would not allow buyers and sellers to leave negative feedback based on thier personal opinion of when a deal is finalized. Because as I stated up above, everyone has a diffrent opinion.
A trade manager is the perfect solution but that's way too easy....
Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #311 (permalink)

Has there ever been a good explanation for the lack of a trade manager? Is it just because Blowout doesn't want to include one on the forums or is it something else? Just wondering!
Interested in Orioles HOFers and Adam Jones, Manny Machado, Wei Yin Chen, Markakis, Chris Davis and Dylan Bundy. Also like Oakland Raiders HOFers along with Rich Gannon. I am always looking for any Eastern Shore League (1920's to 1947) baseball memorabilia!! It's hard to find but let me know if you see anything!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #312 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachtruitt View Post
Has there ever been a good explanation for the lack of a trade manager? Is it just because Blowout doesn't want to include one on the forums or is it something else? Just wondering!
Probably because there is no need for one. Also I would guess that it leave BO open for some sort of liability.

You are only as good as your word so that is all I need.

If someone agrees to sell me something at a price and then backs out I have no issue slamming them even though funds may not have yet been sent on my part.

On the other hand if I offer someone an item and they accept I will honor that price within reason. I had a sale about 6 weeks ago and I lested the item at $35 instead of the $53 I originally wanted. I honored the price. Obviously if I listed a $901 item for $109 I would probably not honor it but I would do what I could.

A trade manager will make no difference in any of these instances.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
Old 12-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #313 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachtruitt View Post
Not sure if this is the same for this site, but on other sites it's a matter of not being able to find the proper coding to install it
Old 12-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #314 (permalink)

It depends on where things were in the negotiations. If he had just counter offered you and then up and killed the trade because he found another deal, yeah, I'd be pissed. But, until a deal is consumated, he can do whateer he wants with the cards, etiquette be damned.

I had a deal recently where I offered two cards up in a sale to someone. He asked if he could sleep on it. No response for 48 hrs. In the meantime I get another trade offer and the person wants one of the cards that I had previously offered but got no response on, so I did the deal. Shortly afterwards, original guy comes back and says he wants them. Had to tell him that since I didn't hear back I made a deal for one of them, but I offered him another card with a bit of a shorter print run as compensation. Everyone walked away happy!

I think the polite thing would have been to message you that he received another offer and give you a chance to negotiate. But, they are his cards, he can do with them as he sses fit. Sucks, doesn't make it wrong, though.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #315 (permalink)

Anyone know where this Steve young card went? I miss it terribly and would like it back in my PC.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #316 (permalink)

Yesterday IMac said he would report me if I kept trolling him...
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #317 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Yesterday IMac said he would report me if I kept trolling him...
I wonder if he was lying about that...
Old 02-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #318 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
no.. I just lot out on a lot of cards I was trying to buy.. you guys really don't feel he should have at least told me the offer he got from someone else? Given the first right of refusal? I do that for the first person on an item every time.. I think of it as a common curtouscy

and btw.. I was waiting for a response on to a payment method question when he wrote "deal is dead" ... waited over an hour to contact me

dude you sound so entitled its ridiculous..this is your fault for not knocking out the trade when you could..instead of just eating the 15 bucks you tried getting a better deal and someone swooped in and took it from you...no ones fault but your own
Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #319 (permalink)

Old 02-10-2013, 02:38 AM   #320 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Please tell me this is real.
Closed Thread