Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #301 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
die thread die !!!!!!!!!!!!
Reported for making a threatening post.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is online now  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #302 (permalink)
Member
 
WilsonValdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Temporarily Suspended
Posts: 9,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
die thread die !!!!!!!!!!!!
My name is actually Thread, so I'm assuming this a direct threat to me. Reported.
__________________
Check out my mis/underpriced COMC account; My laziness is your gain! Over 2000 items, all 4 sports.
- **Now running a 35% off sale**.
WilsonValdez is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #303 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 6,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Reported for making a threatening post.
reported for reporting a threatening post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
My name is actually Thread, so I'm assuming this a direct threat to me. Reported.
reported for having a stupid name. There I said it! Stupid thread!...
__________________
Collecting: Sets, errors/variations (No miscuts), RCs of Topps/Topps Chrome
Only YOU can prevent stupid arguments.
RIP bballcardkid4, hhmag70
ToppsCollector1 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #304 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 5,900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
Ppl gave this guy crap but when I made my first deal here with a barren mcfadden spa I got ridiculed like hell. He never paid but we agreed and someone offered me more so i took that deal. His sn was texas something. Everyone jumped down my throat for this. I sold it to.someone for more even though me and him agreed. 2 and a half years ago ppl said they wouldnt deal with me because of this. Now its ok to do.......WTF!!!!!
You had an agreed upon price. Op did not.

Darren Mcfadden 3 Clr Patch Sp Authentic
bigzig is online now  
Old 12-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #305 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 17,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
Ppl gave this guy crap but when I made my first deal here with a barren mcfadden spa I got ridiculed like hell. He never paid but we agreed and someone offered me more so i took that deal. His sn was texas something. Everyone jumped down my throat for this. I sold it to.someone for more even though me and him agreed. 2 and a half years ago ppl said they wouldnt deal with me because of this. Now its ok to do.......WTF!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
You had an agreed upon price. Op did not.

Darren Mcfadden 3 Clr Patch Sp Authentic
Damn don't you hate it when facts get in the way of your argument.

bigzig for the win.
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #306 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,142
Default

You flat hosed multiple people so it might be a good time for you to scurry back in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
Ppl gave this guy crap but when I made my first deal here with a barren mcfadden spa I got ridiculed like hell. He never paid but we agreed and someone offered me more so i took that deal. His sn was texas something. Everyone jumped down my throat for this. I sold it to.someone for more even though me and him agreed. 2 and a half years ago ppl said they wouldnt deal with me because of this. Now its ok to do.......WTF!!!!!
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #307 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Nope. Until a deal is finalized he can sell them to anyone. It sucks for you, but your sense of entitlement is wrong.
When exactly is a deal finalized? Ask 100 diffrent people and these will be the exact responses you will get

25 people will say a deal is finalized when a paypal addy is exchanged

25 people will say a deal is finalized when money exchanges hands

25 people will say when an address is exchanged

25 people will say when both parties say "ok, its a deal"


Everyone has thier own opinion of when a deal is finalized. So if someones leaves you a negative because in thier opinion the deal was finalized can the other person leave a negatve as well for backing out of the deal because in thier eyes the deal was not finalized. A trade manager would solve this problem instantly. If the "agree to trade" tab is clicked then its a finalized deal. If the "agree to trade" tab is not clicked the the deal is not finalized. It would not allow buyers and sellers to leave negative feedback based on thier personal opinion of when a deal is finalized. Because as I stated up above, everyone has a diffrent opinion.
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.

Last edited by cking; 12-07-2012 at 01:19 AM.
cking is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #308 (permalink)
Member
 
redsoxx11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: TACO BELL BATHROOM
Posts: 3,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
when exactly is a deal finalized? Ask 100 diffrent people and these will be the exact responses you will get

25 people will say a deal is finalized when a paypal addy is exchanged

25 people will say a deal is finalized when money exchanges hands

25 people will say when an address is exchanged

25 people will say when both parties say "ok, its a deal"


everyone has thier own opinion of when a deal is finalized. So if someones leaves you a negative because in thier opinion the deal was finalized can the other person leave a negatve as well for backing out of the deal because in thier eyes the deal was not finalized. a trade manager would solve this problem instantly. If the "agree to trade" tab is clicked then its a finalized deal. If the "agree to trade" tab is not clicked the the deal is not finalized. it would not allow buyers and sellers to leave negative feedback based on thier personal opinion of when a deal is finalized. Because as i stated up above, everyone has a diffrent opinion.
flim flam brazzel zazzle bliddy bloo faffle raf pudding pop !
__________________
Collecting smiles
redsoxx11 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:58 AM   #309 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
Ppl gave this guy crap but when I made my first deal here with a barren mcfadden spa I got ridiculed like hell. He never paid but we agreed and someone offered me more so i took that deal. His sn was texas something. Everyone jumped down my throat for this. I sold it to.someone for more even though me and him agreed. 2 and a half years ago ppl said they wouldnt deal with me because of this. Now its ok to do.......WTF!!!!!
I wish I had a Barren McFadden SPA!

BARREN is the MAN!
GatorBoyInTN is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 AM   #310 (permalink)
Member
 
Copeskey45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
When exactly is a deal finalized? Ask 100 diffrent people and these will be the exact responses you will get

25 people will say a deal is finalized when a paypal addy is exchanged

25 people will say a deal is finalized when money exchanges hands

25 people will say when an address is exchanged

25 people will say when both parties say "ok, its a deal"


Everyone has thier own opinion of when a deal is finalized. So if someones leaves you a negative because in thier opinion the deal was finalized can the other person leave a negatve as well for backing out of the deal because in thier eyes the deal was not finalized. A trade manager would solve this problem instantly. If the "agree to trade" tab is clicked then its a finalized deal. If the "agree to trade" tab is not clicked the the deal is not finalized. It would not allow buyers and sellers to leave negative feedback based on thier personal opinion of when a deal is finalized. Because as I stated up above, everyone has a diffrent opinion.
A trade manager is the perfect solution but that's way too easy....
Copeskey45 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #311 (permalink)
Member
 
zachtruitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Delaware
Posts: 527
Default

Has there ever been a good explanation for the lack of a trade manager? Is it just because Blowout doesn't want to include one on the forums or is it something else? Just wondering!
__________________
Interested in Orioles HOFers and Adam Jones, Manny Machado, Wei Yin Chen, Markakis, Chris Davis and Dylan Bundy. Also like Oakland Raiders HOFers along with Rich Gannon. I am always looking for any Eastern Shore League (1920's to 1947) baseball memorabilia!! It's hard to find but let me know if you see anything!
zachtruitt is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #312 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 17,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachtruitt View Post
Has there ever been a good explanation for the lack of a trade manager? Is it just because Blowout doesn't want to include one on the forums or is it something else? Just wondering!
Probably because there is no need for one. Also I would guess that it leave BO open for some sort of liability.

You are only as good as your word so that is all I need.

If someone agrees to sell me something at a price and then backs out I have no issue slamming them even though funds may not have yet been sent on my part.

On the other hand if I offer someone an item and they accept I will honor that price within reason. I had a sale about 6 weeks ago and I lested the item at $35 instead of the $53 I originally wanted. I honored the price. Obviously if I listed a $901 item for $109 I would probably not honor it but I would do what I could.

A trade manager will make no difference in any of these instances.
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now  
Old 12-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #313 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachtruitt View Post
Has there ever been a good explanation for the lack of a trade manager? Is it just because Blowout doesn't want to include one on the forums or is it something else? Just wondering!
Not sure if this is the same for this site, but on other sites it's a matter of not being able to find the proper coding to install it
__________________
the best daniel descalso collector to walk this earth.
tikitomoka is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #314 (permalink)
Member
 
briscogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago-ish area
Posts: 2,335
Default

It depends on where things were in the negotiations. If he had just counter offered you and then up and killed the trade because he found another deal, yeah, I'd be pissed. But, until a deal is consumated, he can do whateer he wants with the cards, etiquette be damned.

I had a deal recently where I offered two cards up in a sale to someone. He asked if he could sleep on it. No response for 48 hrs. In the meantime I get another trade offer and the person wants one of the cards that I had previously offered but got no response on, so I did the deal. Shortly afterwards, original guy comes back and says he wants them. Had to tell him that since I didn't hear back I made a deal for one of them, but I offered him another card with a bit of a shorter print run as compensation. Everyone walked away happy!

I think the polite thing would have been to message you that he received another offer and give you a chance to negotiate. But, they are his cards, he can do with them as he sses fit. Sucks, doesn't make it wrong, though.
__________________
Collecting Autographs on 2014 Topps Pro Debut 65/222=29%
Steve Garvey Collector
briscogun is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #315 (permalink)
Member
 
tnarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banned
Posts: 12,616
Default

Anyone know where this Steve young card went? I miss it terribly and would like it back in my PC.
__________________
Erik Thornton > Adam Thornton
tnarg is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #316 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 23,076
Default

Yesterday IMac said he would report me if I kept trolling him...
__________________
Don't mess with me cuz I know people in high places around here, in fact I knew a guy who was a Forensic Document Examiner in 1999 and worked with the FBI during Operation Bullpen. So BACK OFF!
death2redemptions is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #317 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Yesterday IMac said he would report me if I kept trolling him...
I wonder if he was lying about that...
__________________
Last edited by AP4MVP
BostonNut is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #318 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
no.. I just lot out on a lot of cards I was trying to buy.. you guys really don't feel he should have at least told me the offer he got from someone else? Given the first right of refusal? I do that for the first person on an item every time.. I think of it as a common curtouscy

and btw.. I was waiting for a response on to a payment method question when he wrote "deal is dead" ... waited over an hour to contact me


dude you sound so entitled its ridiculous..this is your fault for not knocking out the trade when you could..instead of just eating the 15 bucks you tried getting a better deal and someone swooped in and took it from you...no ones fault but your own
jerryw is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #319 (permalink)
Member
 
NonSportsCardForum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tx
Posts: 10,477
Default

NonSportsCardForum is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:38 AM   #320 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Please tell me this is real.
pejc300 is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.