Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
You asked for opinions. Apparently you don't take rejection very well.
its not rejection.. it just seems like everyone has the opinion there was no deal until money was exchanged.. we were agreed on the cards involved and more or less the price..

it's like I just ran a 99 yard punt return only to find out holding was called 20 yards from the play lol
Old 05-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #27 (permalink)

Yeah things like this happen. I had a member offer me something. I didnt have cash so I told him to find someone else that could pay...i let it go, you should too
Old 05-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #28 (permalink)

Someone gave him a better offer. You lost out.....

Also Collecting: Yordano Ventura Autos, Color!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fsu2007

If you were within $15 you should have just caved. In the other thread he stated that he gave you an hour of his time to get a deal done and you kept wanting it cheaper. Deal was never done so you shouldn't be that upset. We could let Tnarg post the pm's and decide ourselves if a deal was that close.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaCubs1 View Post
Someone gave him a better offer. You lost out.....
Exactly. He's asking $650 and you say you'd do $630...if someone comes along and says they'll do $675, $660, or $650, what would you do?
Old 05-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
its not rejection.. it just seems like everyone has the opinion there was no deal until money was exchanged.. we were agreed on the cards involved and more or less the price..

it's like I just ran a 99 yard punt return only to find out holding was called 20 yards from the play lol
I understand that you are a reseller and all that and I even respect that. I would never think someone is a jerk because they are trying to make money. Go for yours, But at the same time just because you state that you are a reseller you give off the vibe that people have to sell below market rate to you. It seems like if someone can get 50 for a card on ebay and you offer 30 that as long as you say you are a reseller then they have to sell to you for the lower rate. Its nobodys obligation to make sure you have room for profit. Its your obligation to seek out and find sellers who are willing to sell for cheap.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fsu2007

Hell a seller on here got paid for a item and refunded the amount because of a better offer. That deal was 100% done
Old 05-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I understand that you are a reseller and all that and I even respect that. I would never think someone is a jerk because they are trying to make money. Go for yours, But at the same time just because you state that you are a reseller you give off the vibe that people have to sell below market rate to you. It seems like if someone can get 50 for a card on ebay and you offer 30 that as long as you say you are a reseller then they have to sell to you for the lower rate. Its nobodys obligation to make sure you have room for profit. Its your obligation to seek out and find sellers who are willing to sell for cheap.
I'm not sure what this has to do with what happened at all but I will gladly respond to this....

I always ID myself as an eBay seller when haggling over prices. If the person has an issue with that they usually tell me up front and we call it a day. I tell the person I am buying from that I usually aim to make 10-15% on the item I am buying after all fee's and taxes are paid for...

9.9/10 people I deal with are more than happy with this.. and I have done many many transactions on here (about twice what my feedback reflects).

The price in the deal here was not the issue.. I would have paid the price. The issue is he never gave me the chance to buy the lot.. he just told me the deal was dead after an hour of me waiting on a response.. he posted the entire conversation if you wish to read it.. i still will not post the persons name in here however.. anyone is welcome to search for the other thread.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #34 (permalink)

You cannot be serious?

If you pull this stunt you will become Chum for the Blowout Sharks.

I think that you just need to get over the deal that you, and nobody else but you, screwed up.

Quote:
I am considering leaving them poor feedback for this.. would I be out of bounds to do so?
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu2007 View Post
Hell a seller on here got paid for a item and refunded the amount because of a better offer. That deal was 100% done
and that person is a jerk IMO.. I once sold an item to a person for $10 at a show that they sold literally 5 minutes later for $30.. I congratulated them for it.. I didn't try to get the item back lol
Old 05-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
Exactly. He's asking $650 and you say you'd do $630...if someone comes along and says they'll do $675, $660, or $650, what would you do?
tell person #1 (in this case myself) that I got those offers.. and if I don't hear from you by xxx time I will have to go with the better offer.

It's called the first right of refusal.. something even the seller admitted I had in this situation.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #37 (permalink)

Try giving the other party negative feedback for your screw up and I guarantee you that you will have reputation just as bad as his.

Quote:
and that person is a jerk IMO..
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
You cannot be serious?

If you pull this stunt you will become Chum for the Blowout Sharks.

I think that you just need to get over the deal that you, and nobody else but you, screwed up.
Put yourself in my shoes buddy... I genuinely feel as though I was screwed over in this.. what would you do?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #39 (permalink)

You need to grow up. The deal was good and you did not close. You were screwed out of nothing.

If it happened to me, I would be mad at myself. Something called personal accountability.

Quote:
Put yourself in my shoes buddy... I genuinely feel as though I was screwed over in this.. what would you do?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not sure what this has to do with what happened at all but I will gladly respond to this....

I always ID myself as an eBay seller when haggling over prices. If the person has an issue with that they usually tell me up front and we call it a day. I tell the person I am buying from that I usually aim to make 10-15% on the item I am buying after all fee's and taxes are paid for...

9.9/10 people I deal with are more than happy with this.. and I have done many many transactions on here (about twice what my feedback reflects).

The price in the deal here was not the issue.. I would have paid the price. The issue is he never gave me the chance to buy the lot.. he just told me the deal was dead after an hour of me waiting on a response.. he posted the entire conversation if you wish to read it.. i still will not post the persons name in here however.. anyone is welcome to search for the other thread.
I understand what you are saying. Maybe he just changed his mind and no longer wanted to do the deal. I dont know what else to tell you. If you dont like dealing with him then remember who he is and dont deal with him in the future. If this is the worst thing that has happened to you on here then consider yourself lucky. I cannot begin to tell you how many times someone has said they will take something from one of my sales threads and never paid or even responded for that matter and cost me sales with other potential customers. The worst part is I cant leave negative feedback to warn other members because getting retalitory feedback removed is almost impossible on here.So basically I can make a sales thread, someone can use the words "I will take it ", they dont pay or respond and I would get a negative for that transaction. Wrap your head around that one for a second. Move on bro.

Last edited by cking; 05-28-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #41 (permalink)

There was no deal yet, you even said you were still haggling. This is about as clear cut as it gets, neither side had agreed to a deal and no money changed hands, clearly not a completed deal.
When people have cards up for trade/sale either party can walk or sell/trade the cards to someone else at any point until both parties have agreed to a deal. Coming close to dead isn't a deal.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
The price in the deal here was not the issue.. I would have paid the price. The issue is he never gave me the chance to buy the lot..
Yes, you never got the chance to buy the lot.

It's amazing how oblivious you are being.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
You need to grow up. The deal was good and you did not close. You were screwed out of nothing.

If it happened to me, I would be mad at myself. Something called personal accountability.
did you even read what was posted? I should grow up?! The guy had a deal with me and sold it to someone else behind my back..

You either know who this is and are a buddy of his.. or just a jackass.. maybe both.

When you get screwed like this I hope the karma feels good. Grow up? wow....

Does no one have any business ethics on here?!?!?!?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Yes, you never got the chance to buy the lot.

It's amazing how oblivious you are being.
I RESPONDED TO THE 650 OFFER AND GOT "DEAL IS DEAD" back.. I 100% feel I was entitled to be told it was 650 or nothing.. and that he had a second party willing to pay that price.. either would have closed the deal.. and I am getting really angry at the community on this one...

it's like no one here understands business ethics.. if you have a hand shake agreement then flip the script and do something different.. IT'S WRONG.

Ask the Cavs about how they felt with carlos boozer circa 2004... that's how I am feeling right now.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #45 (permalink)
MSD

This is so stupid. If you're selling a house and you're close to a deal with the person who made the first offer, then someone else comes into the picture and makes a better offer, you're taking the second offer. You tried to haggle knowing there are other potential buyers in the market and lost out, unless the seller said done deal he's done nothing wrong..
Old 05-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
I RESPONDED TO THE 650 OFFER AND GOT "DEAL IS DEAD" back.. I 100% feel I was entitled to be told it was 650 or nothing.. and that he had a second party willing to pay that price.. either would have closed the deal.. and I am getting really angry at the community on this one...

it's like no one here understands business ethics.. if you have a hand shake agreement then flip the script and do something different.. IT'S WRONG.

Ask the Cavs about how they felt with carlos boozer circa 2004... that's how I am feeling right now.
Thats just it. He does not have to tell you anything. He said the deal is dead, thats it deal over.End of story.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
This is so stupid. If you're selling a house and you're close to a deal with the person who made the first offer, then someone else comes into the picture and makes a better offer, you're taking the second offer. You tried to haggle knowing there are other potential buyers in the market and lost out, unless the seller said done deal he's done nothing wrong..
The entire point here is that there was no mention of other interested parties and I assumed we were within a message of closing the deal.. I am posting a complete copy of our PM's.....
Old 05-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #48 (permalink)

Something tells me that the Other Party's story is going to be considerably different. Subscribing to this thread for the entertainment. I am predicting that you are going to continue to get destroyed in this thread.

You had no deal, so I will say it again, grow up and take responsibility for screwing up this deal.

Quote:
did you even read what was posted? I should grow up?! The guy had a deal with me and sold it to someone else behind my back..

You either know who this is and are a buddy of his.. or just a jackass.. maybe both.

When you get screwed like this I hope the karma feels good. Grow up? wow....

Does no one have any business ethics on here?!?!?!?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
once again.. im not sure why I am being piled on here.. but if he had told me that it was 650 or nothing.. I would have done it.. from my perspective we were still haggling and the deal was already done.. we were even talking about shipping times and delivery dates! lol
how much did he list the cards for? $650? If you want the cards, just pay the $650. If you are going to try and get a lower price, you have to take the risk that the seller will off load the lot to whomever comes in higher.

If the cards were really what you wanted, you should have just paid the $650 asking price. You contemplated over $15 trying to be a stickler and I can only assume the seller got sour that you were being tight over $15 and just dealt them to the next person out of spite. Rightfully so, he can do that.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #50 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Imac7065;2740731]here is the entire PM back and forth.. the only PM's missing are me first ask "what would you want on these 4 cards...." and the final "deal is dead"

[QUOTE=Imac7065]I believe the paypal fee's at this price is around $15-20 right? What If I sent $300 as paypal direct now.. and the balance as gift when the items arrive? You have a lot of feedback on here.. but I just got burnt on a bryce harper deal.. I have over 14000 feedbacks on eBay if you need to reference me.

I'm trying, but I don't think we're going to get anything done. I need to net $600. I'd do the $620 if sent as a gift, otherwise it's $640 goods. This is a last ditch effort to get a deal done. If we can't come to terms at either pricing level, it's not going to happen. This is where I need to be and I cannot go a penny lower either which way.

[QUOTE=tnarg]I'm trying, but I don't think we're going to get anything done. I need to net $600. I'd do the $620 if sent as a gift, otherwise it's $640 goods. This is a last ditch effort to get a deal done. If we can't come to terms at either pricing level, it's not going to happen. This is where I need to be and I cannot go a penny lower either which way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065
Work with me man lol.. 39 off a deal that large is like giving me extra ketchup on the burger I just bought.. give me some fries haha...

It would really suck to lose this deal over $15-20 when it's a +600 deal lol. I'm already paying you full eBay on multiple items in the deal.

Quote:
Work with me man lol.. 39 off a deal that large is like giving me extra ketchup on the burger I just bought.. give me some fries haha...

how about 600 and I cover the cost of express.. which should be $18.95.... i'll call it 620.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg
$650 and you'll have it Wednesday.

Quote:
You know what.. I just searched the cards I didn't even really like and would like to make an offer the full lot...

If you can ship with guaranteed delivery thursday (I am doing a show on friday) I will give you $600 for the whole lot.. that's only $50 from your asking price.

Would that be fair for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg
Surely we can work something. Shoot me an offer on everything you're interested in and we'll try and get a deal done today so I can mail these suckers tomorrow
Quote:

I really like that steve young (incredible patch) lol

here's what I found on the others.. the young I couldn't find anything on...

The triple QB Auto...

(literal same card)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=190665133104

and another..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=170795181870

I wasn't making that $100 number up lol

Marino Limited....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=170825952158

Barry Sanders NT Patch Auto...
Mixed bag from mixed years.. no 2006 sold in the last 90 days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150795123695

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120880740679

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=251051246728

***the last message at the top was cut off so I have added it

Last edited by Imac7065; 05-28-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Closed Thread