Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
here is the entire PM back and forth.. the only PM's missing are me first ask "what would you want on these 4 cards...." and the final "deal is dead"

I'm trying, but I don't think we're going to get anything done. I need to net $600. I'd do the $620 if sent as a gift, otherwise it's $640 goods. This is a last ditch effort to get a deal done. If we can't come to terms at either pricing level, it's not going to happen. This is where I need to be and I cannot go a penny lower either which way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065
Work with me man lol.. 39 off a deal that large is like giving me extra ketchup on the burger I just bought.. give me some fries haha...

how about 600 and I cover the cost of express.. which should be $18.95.... i'll call it 620.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg
$650 and you'll have it Wednesday.

Quote:
You know what.. I just searched the cards I didn't even really like and would like to make an offer the full lot...

If you can ship with guaranteed delivery thursday (I am doing a show on friday) I will give you $600 for the whole lot.. that's only $50 from your asking price.

Would that be fair for you?

Quote:
Surely we can work something. Shoot me an offer on everything you're interested in and we'll try and get a deal done today so I can mail these suckers tomorrow
Quote:

I really like that steve young (incredible patch) lol
He offered it to you for $640 and you said no. He even stated he wasnt going any lower. You still came back lower. Id be frustrated with you at this point and not want to sell it to you either.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #52 (permalink)

I have a theory that he backed out of the deal because your were being a condescending arse.... just saying.

Quote:
Work with me man lol.. 39 off a deal that large is like giving me extra ketchup on the burger I just bought.. give me some fries haha...
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
The entire point here is that there was no mention of other interested parties and I assumed we were within a message of closing the deal.. I am posting a complete copy of our PM's.....
But if he told you there were other interested parties, then you could accuse him of pitting the two of you against each other. I think it was going to be no win for tnarg in your mind unless he sold to you. I would never tell a potential buyer that there are others.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #54 (permalink)

Thanks for posting the messages that were sent. They certainly prove the point that you are wrong and had no deal. Good job.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #55 (permalink)

Now that I have posted this (and I didn't want to, he posted a streamlined version in another thread).. I hope people can see WE HAD COME TO AN AGREEMENT.. and were just haggling over final terms. I am frustrated to no end here... probbaly making myself look stupid in the process.. but I strongly feel I was wronged on this transaction.

[QUOTE=Imac7065;2740731][QUOTE=Imac7065;2740731]here is the entire PM back and forth.. the only PM's missing are me first ask "what would you want on these 4 cards...." and the final "deal is dead"

[QUOTE=Imac7065]I believe the paypal fee's at this price is around $15-20 right? What If I sent $300 as paypal direct now.. and the balance as gift when the items arrive? You have a lot of feedback on here.. but I just got burnt on a bryce harper deal.. I have over 14000 feedbacks on eBay if you need to reference me.

I'm trying, but I don't think we're going to get anything done. I need to net $600. I'd do the $620 if sent as a gift, otherwise it's $640 goods. This is a last ditch effort to get a deal done. If we can't come to terms at either pricing level, it's not going to happen. This is where I need to be and I cannot go a penny lower either which way.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmag70 View Post
Thanks for posting the messages that were sent. They certainly prove the point that you are wrong and had no deal. Good job.
did you not read the final message where I said I can do the price as long as I paid a certain way?! What am I missing here lol

He requested a gift payment at my price point ( we were within $15 otherwise) .. but I requested to send half now and half later to cover my exposure.. the response was "deal is dead" and had been sold.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #57 (permalink)

I believe the paypal fee's at this price is around $15-20 right? What If I sent $300 as paypal direct now.. and the balance as gift when the items arrive? You have a lot of feedback on here.. but I just got burnt on a bryce harper deal.. I have over 14000 feedbacks on eBay if you need to reference me.

Did anyone else here see this? Maybe this turned him off. All the nonsense that goes on in this site and you ask this of one of the best members on here?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
But if he told you there were other interested parties, then you could accuse him of pitting the two of you against each other. I think it was going to be no win for tnarg in your mind unless he sold to you. I would never tell a potential buyer that there are others.
absolutely not.. I am a seller.. I know how selling goes.. I would ask him what the price was and if I could match it I would.. if I couldn't I would be a little upset but chalk it up to normal every day BS....happens all the time on here lol

he went the opposite route.. didn't tell me.. didn't give me a chance.. and sold it to someone else without notifying me.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I believe the paypal fee's at this price is around $15-20 right? What If I sent $300 as paypal direct now.. and the balance as gift when the items arrive? You have a lot of feedback on here.. but I just got burnt on a bryce harper deal.. I have over 14000 feedbacks on eBay if you need to reference me.

Did anyone else here see this? Maybe this turned him off. All the nonsense that goes on in this site and you ask this of one of the best members on here?
He had just requested I send him $620 via paypal gift!!! I am the person who exposed tigerblood on here.. I was almost scammed by him for almost the literal same amount.. I should put myself in that situation again?!

WOULD YOU SEND $620 via paypal gift?!?!?!?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
absolutely not.. I am a seller.. I know how selling goes.. I would ask him what the price was and if I could match it I would.. if I couldn't I would be a little upset but chalk it up to normal every day BS....happens all the time on here lol

he went the opposite route.. didn't tell me.. didn't give me a chance.. and sold it to someone else without notifying me.
You clearly didnt match any of his prices. You kept coming in low. He said $650. Why didnt you take it at $650? The only question im asking here.

What you are saying is you wanted it come in at $620 but if you knew someone else was going to buy it at $650, you would have paid $650? Come on now.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
He offered it to you for $640 and you said no. He even stated he wasnt going any lower. You still came back lower. Id be frustrated with you at this point and not want to sell it to you either.
other parts of that were cut off.. he had come down to 620.. and asked that I send him paypal gift.. the message you quoted was in response that.. I have edited it back in so you can see
Old 05-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
He had just requested I send him $620 via paypal gift!!! I am the person who exposed tigerblood on here.. I was almost scammed by him for almost the literal same amount.. I should put myself in that situation again?!

No I wouldnt. But id send $650 goods instead!
Old 05-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
You clearly didnt match any of his prices. You kept coming in low. He said $650. Why didnt you take it at $650? The only question im asking here.

What you are saying is you wanted it come in at $620 but if you knew someone else was going to buy it at $650, you would have paid $650? Come on now.
because I had only entially wanted 4 cards.. I was offering him 250 on 2 of them the other night.. and offered him 450 on them tonight (the 4)...

When I saw that he only wanted a few hundred more for the remaining cards I said "why the hell not" in my head.. and shot him an offer on the rest of the lot (this can be seen in the posted PM's)... I was offering on cards I didn't even want.. doing what I thought was a favor to the seller (moving all instead of some).. it turned into this.

Last edited by Imac7065; 05-28-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #64 (permalink)

Everyone must have missed the part where he said they had a deal and the only thing they were working out was the actual price of said deal
Old 05-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #65 (permalink)
Banned

I say you let it go and move on. You didnt lose out here and honestly it should be a lesson when it comes to buying cards. That you cannot sit there and try and discount a price in order to save some money to risk not getting the card. This is why I fully support offering 1 price, yes or no type deals. Or just paying firm prices.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
No I wouldnt. But id send $650 goods instead!
If I knew that was a deal killer so would I lol.. I was never given the chance to know or do that.. as I said in the PM's to him "I would hate to lose a deal over $15-20"
Old 05-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmag70 View Post
Everyone must have missed the part where he said they had a deal and the only thing they were working out was the actual price of said deal
We were talking about payment methods and shipping times.. that's not a done deal to you???
Old 05-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
We were talking about payment methods and shipping times.. that's not a done deal to you???
Nope. deal is done once payment is sent. Thats my opinion
Old 05-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:

I would not send $620 to anyone on this site. Period.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #70 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
If I knew that was a deal killer so would I lol.. I was never given the chance to know or do that.. as I said in the PM's to him "I would hate to lose a deal over $15-20"
You should have just ponied it up right from the beginning. To me it honestly looks like wants $650. You offer him lower. Then he tries and makes it work by offering you shipping. You then come in lower again. He tells you the least he can do. You then bring up an option of paying half. That seriously would frustrate me enough not to make the deal. I think he conceded the first 2 times and the last time probably hit the hammer on the head and didnt want to sell it to you .
Old 05-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I would not send $620 to anyone on this site. Period.
yet you are criticizing me (or seemingly so) for being paranoid about doing that myself? I felt I was very fair with the seller on my end.. and did not get the same in return.

Honestly.. would you talk to someone for what was probably a period of 3-4 hours (he was very slow in responding) get that close to a finished deal.. then just sell it to someone else? I know you like this guy.. but come on man.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
You should have just ponied it up right from the beginning. To me it honestly looks like wants $650. You offer him lower. Then he tries and makes it work by offering you shipping. You then come in lower again. He tells you the least he can do. You then bring up an option of paying half. That seriously would frustrate me enough not to make the deal. I think he conceded the first 2 times and the last time probably hit the hammer on the head and didnt want to sell it to you .
I wasn't offering to pay just half lol (did you read the full sentence?).. I was trying to limit his paypal fee's (which was the $15 issue FYI) while limiting my exposure at the same time..

If he had responded to that with "I can't do that.. it really is 640 (or 650) or 620 paypal gift".. I WOULD HAVE DONE IT LOL

I was trying to give him what he wanted while getting what I wanted that the same time.. I wasn't trying to get over on the guy.. I was already buying things I didn't want so he didn't get stuck with them.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Nope. deal is done once payment is sent. Thats my opinion
you do not believe in hand shake agreements then I guess.. I personally do. I also believe if you enter negotiations with someone you be 100% straight up and honest about it.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
it's like I just ran a 99 yard punt return only to find out holding was called 20 yards from the play lol
Wait...what???

If what you're saying is like this, are we supposed to think your 99 yard return/touchdown should count?

Obviously we all know your punt return would be called back if there was a holding penalty. Likewise, you didn't come to a final agreement quick enough, and the cards were sold to someone else...legally and ethically.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #75 (permalink)

If you were trying to give him what he wanted then the cards would have been sold to you. js
Closed Thread