Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
We were talking about payment methods and shipping times.. that's not a done deal to you???
A deal is done when addresses are exchanged.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Wait...what???

If what you're saying is like this, are we supposed to think your 99 yard return/touchdown should count?

Obviously we all know your punt return would be called back if there was a holding penalty. Likewise, you didn't come to a final agreement quick enough, and the cards were sold to someone else...legally and ethically.
legally maybe.. ethically not at all
Old 05-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #78 (permalink)

Here's your post from SCF verbatim I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he got tired of you trying to lowball him and he said EF it, pay up or shut up is what I think. You had no deal because you didn't want to pony up FIFTEEN "GD" $$$ and now you want to leave negative feedback GTFO of here

Check out the oh-so generous prices he's willing to pay on some of those auto's LMFAO

Below is a list of HOF and Star players and the prices of Auto and GU I would like to pay. I am willing to haggle depending on the card, but this is the broad range of what most of these guys sell for on a regular basis. If you have anything from this list, or a player you think I missed while writing it, please either PM me what you have, or post scans here. I would love to make some deals!

PS... The first () is the Auto price and the second () is the relic price

Football:
Barry Sanders ($65)($4)
Ben Roethlisberger ($40)($2)
Bob Griese ($15)($2)
Brett Favre ($75)($3)
Curtis Martin ($15)($1.50)
Don Maynard ($5)($2)
Dan Fouts ($12)($2)
Dan Marino ($60)($5)
Emmitt Smith ($60)($3)
Eric Dickerson ($10)($3)
Gale Sayers ($30)($4)
Jerome Bettis ($40)($2)
Jerry Rice ($50)($4)
Jim Brown ($35)($5)
Jim Kelly ($15)($2)
Joe Montana ($35)($4)
Joe Namath ($40)($4)
John Elway ($50)($3)
Kellen Winslow Sr. ($10)($2)
Lawrence Taylor ($15)($2)
Marcus Allen ($20)($2)
Marshall Faulk ($15)($1.50)
Michael Irvin ($15)($2)
Paul Warfield ($10)($3)
Peyton Manning ($35)($4)
Phil Simms ($12)($2)
Rob Gronkowski ($25)($2)
Ricky Williams ($15, Dolphins only)($2)
Ronnie Lott ($15)($3)
Steve Young ($20)($2)
Tom Brady ($125)($4)
Tony Dorsett ($20)($3)
Troy Aikmen ($20)($3)
Warren Moon ($15)($1.50)
Y.A. Tittle ($10)($4)
Zach Thomas ($15, Dolphins only)(not looking for relics)
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #79 (permalink)

One more attempt.....

You were nickle and diming Tnarg to death and then you offered to only send him half of the money upfront? Tnarg and every other sane person on the planet would run away from you.

Somehow I don't think you will ever get this....

Quote:
I wasn't offering to pay just half lol (did you read the full sentence?).. I was trying to limit his paypal fee's (which was the $15 issue FYI) while limiting my exposure at the same time..

If he had responded to that with "I can't do that.. it really is 640 (or 650) or 620 paypal gift".. I WOULD HAVE DONE IT LOL

I was trying to give him what he wanted while getting what I wanted that the same time.. I wasn't trying to get over on the guy.. I was already buying things I didn't want so he didn't get stuck with them.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
One more attempt.....

You were nickle and diming Tnarg to death and then you offered to only send him half of the money upfront? Tnarg and every other sane person on the planet would run away from you.

Somehow I don't think you will ever get this....
one more time to you as well.. if you would be willing to send someone $620 gift paypal up front... then by all means go for it (no one on here seems willing to say they would).. I was trying to get him his fee's covered while limiting my exposure to theft at the same time.. Why this is wrong to you and not a creative solution (which I felt it was)... is beyond me.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #81 (permalink)

What exactly is your issue with this post? I made 5 purchases off that and made similar threads on here (did baseball and basketball as well).. just made 3 more buys from a baseball thread on here today.

What is your problem with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
Here's your post from SCF verbatim I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he got tired of you trying to lowball him and he said EF it, pay up or shut up is what I think. You had no deal because you didn't want to pony up FIFTEEN "GD" $$$ and now you want to leave negative feedback GTFO of here

Check out the oh-so generous prices he's willing to pay on some of those auto's LMFAO

Below is a list of HOF and Star players and the prices of Auto and GU I would like to pay. I am willing to haggle depending on the card, but this is the broad range of what most of these guys sell for on a regular basis. If you have anything from this list, or a player you think I missed while writing it, please either PM me what you have, or post scans here. I would love to make some deals!

PS... The first () is the Auto price and the second () is the relic price

Football:
Barry Sanders ($65)($4)
Ben Roethlisberger ($40)($2)
Bob Griese ($15)($2)
Brett Favre ($75)($3)
Curtis Martin ($15)($1.50)
Don Maynard ($5)($2)
Dan Fouts ($12)($2)
Dan Marino ($60)($5)
Emmitt Smith ($60)($3)
Eric Dickerson ($10)($3)
Gale Sayers ($30)($4)
Jerome Bettis ($40)($2)
Jerry Rice ($50)($4)
Jim Brown ($35)($5)
Jim Kelly ($15)($2)
Joe Montana ($35)($4)
Joe Namath ($40)($4)
John Elway ($50)($3)
Kellen Winslow Sr. ($10)($2)
Lawrence Taylor ($15)($2)
Marcus Allen ($20)($2)
Marshall Faulk ($15)($1.50)
Michael Irvin ($15)($2)
Paul Warfield ($10)($3)
Peyton Manning ($35)($4)
Phil Simms ($12)($2)
Rob Gronkowski ($25)($2)
Ricky Williams ($15, Dolphins only)($2)
Ronnie Lott ($15)($3)
Steve Young ($20)($2)
Tom Brady ($125)($4)
Tony Dorsett ($20)($3)
Troy Aikmen ($20)($3)
Warren Moon ($15)($1.50)
Y.A. Tittle ($10)($4)
Zach Thomas ($15, Dolphins only)(not looking for relics)

Last edited by Imac7065; 05-28-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #82 (permalink)

Anyone have interest in an awesome Steve Young Exquisite Patch Auto /10 with 7 color breaks?

PM for best results.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Anyone have interest in an awesome Steve Young Exquisite Patch Auto /10 with 7 color breaks?

PM for best results.
ah.. now it makes sense.. you are attacking me because you were the jackass who ended up buying my deal? Hope he made you pay more than I was going to
Old 05-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
one more time to you as well.. if you would be willing to send someone $620 gift paypal up front... then by all means go for it (no one on here seems willing to say they would).. I was trying to get him his fee's covered while limiting my exposure to theft at the same time.. Why this is wrong to you and not a creative solution (which I felt it was)... is beyond me.
There are many members on here whom can be trusted 100%. Via feedback and gut feelings. Yes- I would be willing to send Grant $620 as gift.

Really wish you would just actually go back and read everything we've said. Sorry none of it fits your agenda but just try to open yor eyes.

Look at Grant's feedback. Do you honestly believe that his reputation should be tarnished because you didn't get the cards?
Old 05-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
There are many members on here whom can be trusted 100%. Via feedback and gut feelings. Yes- I would be willing to send Grant $620 as gift.

Really wish you would just actually go back and read everything we've said. Sorry none of it fits your agenda but just try to open yor eyes.

Look at Grant's feedback. Do you honestly believe that his reputation should be tarnished because you didn't get the cards?
And MITM you 100% wrong I wouldn't trust Grant with the sweat from my ballz
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post

Most of my replies here were written in frustration and anger.. I honestly don't want to read them lol

Also.. I don't give a BLEEP about his feedback on here.. if you are willing to send someone that much money without protection.. by all means, that is your choice as grown human being (I hope grown lol)...

I however.. will not do such a thing, and will always try to come up with a creative solution if the seller starts insisting on gift payment. It's called a compromise.. and until I got the "deal is dead" I was 100% confident I would be paying for those items by now. A lot of this thread has been my frustration being vented.. and I apologize if I said anything offensive to anyone.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #87 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fsu2007

I have received and sent more than $600 paypal gift from multiple people on this board. It is all in the feedback and repeat customers.

I tried to deal with you at the Sunshine mall show last month and you had really nice cards but your prices were a little high.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #88 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You keep ignoring my point. If you wanted the cards, why didnt you pay him $650 goods like he asked for?

You have stated after the fact that if it took $650 goods to get the deal done, you would have paid it. So my question still is, why didnt you pay $650 from the beginning to get this deal done?

Im sure the answer will be because it was still in contention on final price. But you only have yourself to blame for playing games to get a cheaper price.

The fact of the matter is you lost out on this deal over not wanting to pay $15 right from the beginning. You toyed with the idea. If you had paid it upfront, the cards would have been yours.

Thats the jist of it. Better luck next time.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
Your full of sh!t you made that thread yesterday and you made excactly 0 purchases from it how hard do you think it is to check your trade manager genuis???
go for it.. I have made 5-6 posted deals and 3-4 that were not posted in the last week on SCF.. on here I have 9 pending purchases... As I stated I posted that thread both on here and there.. I do not appreciate you calling me a liar either.. I took offense to it.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #90 (permalink)

My offer was first $600... he came back at me at 650.. my response was clear as day to that.. and when he compromised to the 620-640 price.. I gave him that offer..

It's not as if I told him "I can't do that because I want to pay $15 less" It was offer A.. rebuttal.. and rebuttal to the rebuttal.. the next message would have closed the deal.

Let me ask you.. do you make an offer in a negotiation.. get a rebuttal, and think that's just flat it? (his 650 offer).. when he said the lowest he could do was the 620 paypal gift I gave him the option of the split payment that would have netted him the 600 (and then some) he was aiming for.... if his response was "can't do that, its what I said or nothing" (as tersly as the previous message if he wanted)... I would have done it. Instead he chose to sell to someone he talked to after me.. for whatever price.. and did not give me a chance to match that offer.

In my perspective the deal was done.. we were just hammering out logistics as I stated in the OP here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
You keep ignoring my point. If you wanted the cards, why didnt you pay him $650 goods like he asked for?

You have stated after the fact that if it took $650 goods to get the deal done, you would have paid it. So my question still is, why didnt you pay $650 from the beginning to get this deal done?

Im sure the answer will be because it was still in contention on final price. But you only have yourself to blame for playing games to get a cheaper price.

The fact of the matter is you lost out on this deal over not wanting to pay $15 right from the beginning. You toyed with the idea. If you had paid it upfront, the cards would have been yours.

Thats the jist of it. Better luck next time.

Last edited by Imac7065; 05-28-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
go for it.. I have made 5-6 posted deals and 3-4 that were not posted in the last week on SCF.. on here I have 9 pending purchases... As I stated I posted that thread both on here and there.. I do not appreciate you calling me a liar either.. I took offense to it.
Sorry I offended you good thing I don't live in FL or your feelings would really get hurt, I'm out of this thread
Old 05-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #92 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

am I right for being angry here?
No. There is no deal until payment is received.

I never ceases to amaze me how people nickle and dime.

Now I will go read all the replies after the OP and have some fun!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
Old 05-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #93 (permalink)

Well, it's all moot now. I trust that the op will not attempt to leave negative feedback and is simply feeling upset. And I'm sure he certainly doesn't expect Grant to go back on the deal he ultimately did, and sell to the op now. Better luck on future transactions.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #94 (permalink)

Let me say I may have done one thing wrong here.. I should have told him "if you really want the payment as gift I'd have to do it this way.. but if not we will have to talk about the paypal direct payment further.." I didn't do that.. and I do see how it could be taken as I was nickel and diming $15.. it was not my intention.. my genuine intention was getting the seller the price he wanted while still for a lack of a better term.. covering my (rear end)

Quote:
My offer was first $600... he came back at me at 650.. my response was clear as day to that.. and when he compromised to the 620-640 price.. I gave him that offer..

It's not as if I told him "I can't do that because I want to pay $15 less" It was offer A.. rebuttal.. and rebuttal to the rebuttal.. the next message would have closed the deal.

Let me ask you.. do you make an offer in a negotiation.. get a rebuttal, and think that's just flat it? (his 650 offer).. when he said the lowest he could do was the 620 paypal gift I gave him the option of the split payment that would have netted him the 600 (and then some) he was aiming for.... if his response was "can't do that, its what I said or nothing" (as tersly as the previous message if he wanted)... I would have done it. Instead he chose to sell to someone he talked to after me.. for whatever price.. and did not give me a chance to match that offer.

In my perspective the deal was done.. we were just hammering out logistics as I stated in the OP here.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Well, it's all moot now. I trust that the op will not attempt to leave negative feedback and is simply feeling upset. And I'm sure he certainly doesn't expect Grant to go back on the deal he ultimately did, and sell to the op now. Better luck on future transactions.
lol I won't be dealing with that guy again.. nor the a-hole who decided to attack me then brag it was he who bought the lot I was in the middle of buying
Old 05-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #96 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

I make 1 offer. If they decline it, I no longer want the item.

If a seller notes the price at $650 firm, then I dont make an offer unless im willing to pay his firm price.

If a seller asks for $620 gift and Im willing to pay it, I ask for an email address to send the money, not a counter with half now and half later deal.

How was the deal done if you had not paid for the card? He wanted $620 gift after you brought him down again. Why didnt you at that point just ask for the paypal addy and ship it instead of going back 1 more time to counter with a 1/2 payment?

Also, dont let these guys get to you. You opened yourself up for ridicule by adding frustration to your posting.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 05-28-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #97 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
for me it's a business though.. maybe that's why I am more angry than most would be.

I am considering leaving them poor feedback for this.. would I be out of bounds to do so?
Quote:
once again.. im not sure why I am being piled on here.. but if he had told me that it was 650 or nothing.. I would have done it.. from my perspective we were still haggling and the deal was already done.. we were even talking about shipping times and delivery dates! lol
Quote:
Put yourself in my shoes buddy... I genuinely feel as though I was screwed over in this.. what would you do?
Quote:
did you even read what was posted? I should grow up?! The guy had a deal with me and sold it to someone else behind my back..

You either know who this is and are a buddy of his.. or just a jackass.. maybe both.

When you get screwed like this I hope the karma feels good. Grow up? wow....

Does no one have any business ethics on here?!?!?!?
Quote:
I RESPONDED TO THE 650 OFFER AND GOT "DEAL IS DEAD" back.. I 100% feel I was entitled to be told it was 650 or nothing.. and that he had a second party willing to pay that price.. either would have closed the deal.. and I am getting really angry at the community on this one...

it's like no one here understands business ethics.. if you have a hand shake agreement then flip the script and do something different.. IT'S WRONG.

Ask the Cavs about how they felt with carlos boozer circa 2004... that's how I am feeling right now.
Quote:
If I knew that was a deal killer so would I lol.. I was never given the chance to know or do that.. as I said in the PM's to him "I would hate to lose a deal over $15-20"
Quote:
yet you are criticizing me (or seemingly so) for being paranoid about doing that myself? I felt I was very fair with the seller on my end.. and did not get the same in return.

Honestly.. would you talk to someone for what was probably a period of 3-4 hours (he was very slow in responding) get that close to a finished deal.. then just sell it to someone else? I know you like this guy.. but come on man.
Quote:
Most of my replies here were written in frustration and anger.. I honestly don't want to read them lol

Also.. I don't give a BLEEP about his feedback on here.. if you are willing to send someone that much money without protection.. by all means, that is your choice as grown human being (I hope grown lol)...

I however.. will not do such a thing, and will always try to come up with a creative solution if the seller starts insisting on gift payment. It's called a compromise.. and until I got the "deal is dead" I was 100% confident I would be paying for those items by now. A lot of this thread has been my frustration being vented.. and I apologize if I said anything offensive to anyone.
Quote:

Classic narcissism. It the other person's fault. I had nothing to do with it.

From the bottom of my heart I wish to apologize to anyone who had a love one die while protecting this country and this person's right to be a pompus ass.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
Old 05-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #98 (permalink)

LMAO, Where in the hell is the "DEAL"? there is NO DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are ridiculous. if it were a "DEAL" you would have gotten the items!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=Imac7065;2740788]Now that I have posted this (and I didn't want to, he posted a streamlined version in another thread).. I hope people can see WE HAD COME TO AN AGREEMENT.. and were just haggling over final terms. I am frustrated to no end here... probbaly making myself look stupid in the process.. but I strongly feel I was wronged on this transaction.

[QUOTE=Imac7065;2740731][QUOTE=Imac7065;2740731]here is the entire PM back and forth.. the only PM's missing are me first ask "what would you want on these 4 cards...." and the final "deal is dead"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065
I believe the paypal fee's at this price is around $15-20 right? What If I sent $300 as paypal direct now.. and the balance as gift when the items arrive? You have a lot of feedback on here.. but I just got burnt on a bryce harper deal.. I have over 14000 feedbacks on eBay if you need to reference me.

I'm trying, but I don't think we're going to get anything done. I need to net $600. I'd do the $620 if sent as a gift, otherwise it's $640 goods. This is a last ditch effort to get a deal done. If we can't come to terms at either pricing level, it's not going to happen. This is where I need to be and I cannot go a penny lower either which way.

Also Collect: Iowa State, Iowa, Aaron Murray!!!

Last edited by IowaCubs1; 05-28-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #99 (permalink)

As I said earlier, neither side agreed to a deal at any point in the negotiations so there was clearly no deal reached.

It's been interesting reading, but 1 thing has become clear after nearly 5 pages of posts, not 1 person has agreed with the original poster.

It's kind of like a woman who has been divorced 8 times, at some point you should start entertaining the thought that maybe the problem isn't with other people, maybe the problem is on your end.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #100 (permalink)

There was no deal in place, and you were not owed any "first right of refusal." For someone who says this is "business," you are not acting like it. You're whining about someone scooping up some cards while you were trying to haggle the seller down on a price. If you're going to pass the blame, please do us all a favor and not seek affirmation for doing so.
Closed Thread