Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
There was no deal in place, and you were not owed any "first right of refusal." For someone who says this is "business," you are not acting like it. You're whining about someone scooping up some cards while you were trying to haggle the seller down on a price. If you're going to pass the blame, please do us all a favor and not seek affirmation for doing so.
I came in here to ask opinions and ended up getting piled on... I got a bit heated and probably said some stupid things... oh well

as for the first right of refusal.. even the seller said I had this.. he just did not extend me the courtesy of it at the end of the day.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #102 (permalink)

He got a better offer, and told you the deal was dead.

Also Collect: Iowa State, Iowa, Aaron Murray!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaCubs1 View Post
He got a better offer, and told you the deal was dead.
I feel like im beating a dead horse (and probably am).. the point was he didn't give me a chance to match any offer, or tell me he had one to begin with. We were agreed on price more or less. just dealing with logistics... I waited an hour to finish it up and he told me "deal was dead"... nothing else. Didn't even tell me the cards were sold.. I had to find that out myself.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #104 (permalink)

"We were agreed on price more or less. just dealing with logistics"

Logistics? And you "agreed on a price"? From what I read, there was no agreement on a price and that was the entire dang problem!!!!

Old 05-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaCubs1 View Post
"We were agreed on price more or less. just dealing with logistics"

Logistics? And you "agreed on a price"? From what I read, there was no agreement on a price and that was the entire dang problem!!!!
keep reading then.. we had agreed to the 620 number (or what would have been 640).. if the payment could be done a certain way... I was waiting for a response to that when he sold it to someone else.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
I came in here to ask opinions and ended up getting piled on... I got a bit heated and probably said some stupid things... oh well

as for the first right of refusal.. even the seller said I had this.. he just did not extend me the courtesy of it at the end of the day.
No, you were not entitled to a right of first refusal. You gave no value for that right. Therefore, you're not entitled to it.

You also have a warped sense of "handshake agreement." You were still lacking a price term, method of payment, and shipping arrangement. You don't get to just say "close enough," and claim a deal is in place. You are not, despite what you may think, entitled to haggle without competition and then buy at the previously quoted price (again without competition).

When you said, "$630," that was a counter-offer. The previous offer of $650 is now off the table. You can't say, "I accept at $650," at that point. That's how contracts work.

And you absolutely should be piled on so that it might eventually sink in to your head and others that think like you (if they exist).
Old 05-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #107 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

"We were agreed on price more or less. Just dealing with logistics."

What does that even mean? You either agreed on a price or not- and obviously you two had not. Amazing that you wanted to leave bad feedback over this- as if you needed to warn us to not deal with him.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #108 (permalink)

If you leave bad feedback on him, I say everyone leave bad feedback on Imac's lol just kidding.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
I feel like im beating a dead horse (and probably am).. the point was he didn't give me a chance to match any offer, or tell me he had one to begin with.
Please explain why you think he HAS to give you a chance to match any offer? i'd love to read this.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #110 (permalink)

If you are working out the final details of a deal with someone.. then just drop it and sell it to someone else.. you think there is nothing wrong done? I guess I just disagree with others on here...

if you spend so much time working a deal.. get that close.. it's wrong to just do a 180 and sell the lot without even giving the person the heads up. I would never do it to a customer.. and I feel it's wrong if done to anyone else.... period

I am now done in this thread.. feel free to say whatever you want about me.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
keep reading then.. we had agreed to the 620 number (or what would have been 640).. if the payment could be done a certain way... I was waiting for a response to that when he sold it to someone else.
so he NEVER AGREED to payment being done a certian way = NO DEAL !!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #112 (permalink)
MSD

Everyone who's posted in this thread disagrees with you..don't you think that says something?
Old 05-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
so he NEVER AGREED to payment being done a certian way = NO DEAL !!!!!!!!!
I know I said I wouldn't reply again (this will be my true last post) but....

I just don't think people get what I've been trying to say (probably my fault)...

As you can see in the posted conversation.. we had agreed to a price between $620-640.... were were working out the logistics on how that payment would be made (i obviously preferred the 620)...I then replied to him offering a solution (which has been panned on here) that would net him the price he wanted, while not forcing me to pay paypal gift up front. I was waiting for a reply to this suggestion (and waited an hour)... when he finally responded he simply said "deal is dead".. nothing else

I then found out via my own research that he had sold the items he was about to sell to me to someone else.

What it boils down to is this....We were working on payment methods and he sold the lot to someone else... hence my anger and frustration.. and I apologize if if frustration made it sound like anything else.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
tell person #1 (in this case myself) that I got those offers.. and if I don't hear from you by xxx time I will have to go with the better offer.

It's called the first right of refusal.. something even the seller admitted I had in this situation.
IMO... You refused the deal when you stated you can only do $630, but are willing to add $5 shipping. First refusal. As a seller, I feel I am no longer obligated to give you the item at the price I offered it to you, but am willing to shop that offer elsewhere. If I get a better offer, I feel no need to contact you and make my customer who agreed to said purchase price I prefer wait. You ahd your chance, you missed out, I hope you move on.
1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite
Old 05-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
We had exchanged 1 message about the $15.. he was at 650.. I said I'd like to be at 630 but I can throw in $5 to cover shipping as well... then I got the "deal is dead" response....

does that explain my frustration a little more?
One second you say this was the last message you sent.

Then you say later the half gift payment message was the last message sent. Im confused.
1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite
Old 05-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #116 (permalink)

5 pages and he still doesn't get it?

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
legally maybe.. ethically not at all
Legally...no maybe about it. Ethically...absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
yet you are criticizing me (or seemingly so) for being paranoid about doing that myself? I felt I was very fair with the seller on my end.. and did not get the same in return.

Honestly.. would you talk to someone for what was probably a period of 3-4 hours (he was very slow in responding) get that close to a finished deal.. then just sell it to someone else? I know you like this guy.. but come on man.
I was not trying to critize you. I was simply saying what my actions would be.And I would not send anyone on here any signifigant amount of money. Its nothing personal with anyone. If this site had a better track record of getting rid of scammers and not allowing people to take 4,5,6 weeks to ship and drop a negative on you to boot then maybe it would be a diffrent story but this site does none of that and allows scammers to run amuck and do what they want. Every once in awhile they will ban a person here or there but people have to lose large amounts of money before anything gets done. As much as I hate some of ebay policies, they stand behind thier customers and if something goes wrong I will get my money back and the person trying to rob me will not be able to leave negative feedback for me. If you ever see any of my sale threads all I try and sell is low end garbage because I dont trust people on here. If I am gonna get robbed at least it will be for a small amount of money.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
5 pages and he still doesn't get it?
Please OP, don't take this as an insult, I have hired several people from this generation-type and they are hard working and very creative when it comes to creating solutions to problems but they are very sensitive and very ME-minded.

This is just my opinion but he seems like a person from the generation of folks who thinks everyone owes them and nothing is ever his fault. He screws up and mommy blamed it on someone else and now that behavior carries over into adulthood.

Its really quite amazing but there is nothing anyone can really say to the guy to change his mind. His mommy has always told him he's a winner and when things go wrong there's no way it's his fault. These are the same kids who got a trophy for just being on the soccer team.

You guys can spend 20-30 pages on this but he will just continue to think he was wrong because he didn't get what he wanted and you guys are all out to get him. In his mind he had already re-sold these cards and was thinking of how he was going to spend his profits.

It's best everyone just let this thread die.

Last edited by danimal; 05-28-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #120 (permalink)

WOW......

I am a grown ass man who spends his life supporting a dying father, a mother who has chron's disease... and raises a 12 year old sister that I am a defacto father to.

I sell cards to make enough money to put myself through college (have never been given a dime for it) and help pay my parents bills.

You sir... are a scumbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
This is just my opinion but he seems like a person from the generation of folks who thinks everyone owes them and nothing is ever his fault. He screws up and mommy blamed it on someone else and now that behavior carries over into adulthood.

Its really quite amazing but there is nothing anyone can really say to the guy to change his mind. His mommy has always told him he's a winner and when things don't go wrong there's no way it's his fault. These are the same kids who got a trophy for just being on the soccer team.

You guys can spend 20-30 pages on this but he will just continue to think he was wrong because he didn't get what he wanted and you guys are all out to get him. In his mind he had already re-sold these cards and was thinking of how he was going to spend his profits.

It's best everyone just let this thread die.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
WOW......

I am a grown ass man who spends his life supporting a dying father, a mother who has chron's disease... and raises a 12 year old sister that I am a defacto father to.

I sell cards to make enough money to put myself through college (have never been given a dime for it) and help pay my parents bills.

You sir... are a scumbag
Well, we all have our struggles in life. Not sure what any of that has to do with the topic here though. Just because you are going through all that doesn't really change anything about the way business works.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
WOW......

You sir... are a scumbag

Point proven. Thank you for that. I now know that the multi-generational leadership seminar I went to in February was spot on.

You are exhibiting many of the character traits associated with your generation! Like I said it wasn't meant to be an insult and you really have no control over it. This is the world you and million others in your generation grew up in. You guys are amazing at several things including creative problem solving, empathizing with others and working in groups.

But at the same time you all have a really hard time accepting responsibility when you are wrong and like to blame others for your shortcomings. That is the way your parents raised you and that will be the new norm for several years. There really is nothing wrong with it. It's just most of the people you fell are "piling" on you are probably 10+ years older than you and if there were more people your age in this thread they would probably be agreeing with you.

Last edited by danimal; 05-28-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Well, we all have our struggles in life. Not sure what any of that has to do with the topic here though. Just because you are going through all that doesn't really change anything about the way business works.
did you see what I was responding to? lol

I thought I was done in this thread
Old 05-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #124 (permalink)

I just saw this thread, and I want to thank the members who said nice things about me. I love the relationships we build on here. Except you Ron. I'm still gonna donkey punch you and nick.

But I think points have been taken, and this thread can be deleted. It's water under the bridge.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #125 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Wow, what a thread....
Closed Thread