Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjsportscards77 View Post
Wow, what a thread....
at least it was entertaining lol
Old 05-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
I just saw this thread, and I want to thank the members who said nice things about me. I love the relationships we build on here. Except you Ron. I'm still gonna donkey punch you and nick.

But I think points have been taken, and this thread can be deleted. It's water under the bridge.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #128 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Aw i missed the fun.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #129 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
at least it was entertaining lol
wouldnt say entertaining..... just enlightening
Old 05-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
did you see what I was responding to? lol

I thought I was done in this thread
The point I was trying to make is that.... well, never mind. Good luck to you.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #131 (permalink)

wow...spend a day having a picnic and look at all I miss...

i'm going to go make lower than posted offers on everybodys sale threads and if they don't let me match any other offers they get, I'm going to whine about it....

makes sense doesn't it???
Old 05-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
WOW......

I am a grown ass man who spends his life supporting a dying father, a mother who has chron's disease... and raises a 12 year old sister that I am a defacto father to.

I sell cards to make enough money to put myself through college (have never been given a dime for it) and help pay my parents bills.

You sir... are a scumbag
I am noticing a trend on here. It seems MANY folks on here have disabled relatives of some sort and like throwing that in threads when things get bad.

This OP is a perfect example of the entitlement society we currently live in. If I go to a car dealership and make an offer on a car and walk away should they call me before they sell it? Thinking this seller should have held up a deal waiting on your nickel diming ass you are insane. Its tough enough to close a deal on here with all the lowballers and Id be damned if I held up a deal I could close for a lowballer. You are wrong and everyone has stated that. Time to move on.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
What it boils down to is this....We were working on payment methods and he sold the lot to someone else... hence my anger and frustration.. and I apologize if if frustration made it sound like anything else.
no..... YOU were trying to work on a payment method. the seller either wanted $650 goods or $620 gift.

pretty cut and dry. either way, deals are not done until payment is made.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #134 (permalink)

BOOM!!!!!!!!

Also Collect: Iowa State, Iowa, Aaron Murray!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #135 (permalink)

Where is Jerry Springer to put a giant bow on this thread?

Good night yall.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #136 (permalink)

I had something else written here.. but I have since removed it....

If anyone else wants to attack me personally.. call me a liar.. then go even further to question my family... I will not return kindly to you. For people to question my moral compass because I felt I was wronged... just wow. You all may think there is something wrong with me.. but the posts on here attacking me are starting to GO WAY TOO FAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
I am noticing a trend on here. It seems MANY folks on here have disabled relatives of some sort and like throwing that in threads when things get bad.

This OP is a perfect example of the entitlement society we currently live in. If I go to a car dealership and make an offer on a car and walk away should they call me before they sell it? Thinking this seller should have held up a deal waiting on your nickel diming ass you are insane. Its tough enough to close a deal on here with all the lowballers and Id be damned if I held up a deal I could close for a lowballer. You are wrong and everyone has stated that. Time to move on.

Last edited by Imac7065; 05-28-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #137 (permalink)

Its not a moral issue but you are making it one by debating leaving the seller a negative. I just cant fathom a reason as to why you feel any seller owes you something when a deal isnt final. When I have posted threads selling stuff Ive had a ton of people try and knock me down. It would take forever to yield new offers and then go back to the guy that beat me up trying to keep them in the deal. I dont think anyone has time for it. Make your best offer and move on. I dont see how telling us about your family issues has anything to do with sports cards. Thats my point.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Its not a moral issue but you are making it one by debating leaving the seller a negative. I just cant fathom a reason as to why you feel any seller owes you something when a deal isnt final. When I have posted threads selling stuff Ive had a ton of people try and knock me down. It would take forever to yield new offers and then go back to the guy that beat me up trying to keep them in the deal. I dont think anyone has time for it. Make your best offer and move on. I dont see how telling us about your family issues has anything to do with sports cards. Thats my point.
I was accused of having an entitlement complex and i represent "issues" with my generation... both of which were uncalled for.. and out and out bull

and btw.. I wasn't low balling anyone.. I was offering a more than fair prices based on the links I sent him (check for yourself if you'd like).. I was paying full eBay on multiple cards... AND taking cards I didn't even want to keep him from being stuck with any.

We were wrapping up the deal when he did the 180.. I'm getting pretty sick of people trying to paint me as some spoiled brat that had no right to say anything... it's really starting to get under my skin.

also.. I hadn't mentioned the feedback thing since around page one of this thread.. this is page 6 now.. more than 4 hours later lol

Last edited by Imac7065; 05-28-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #139 (permalink)

No but the buyer owed you nothing. You did NOT HAVE A DEAL

Old 05-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
tell person #1 (in this case myself) that I got those offers.. and if I don't hear from you by xxx time I will have to go with the better offer.

It's called the first right of refusal.. something even the seller admitted I had in this situation.
I suspect you would be bitching that he produced a 2nd "ghost" buyer to increase your purchase price. This seller loses either way by entertaining a complaining "oh poor me" person. Dude it is 110% your fault for not paying the asking price.

My advice, next time. Ante up, or cut bait. Life is much easier.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/detox1515/
Old 05-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #141 (permalink)

Tnarg was 100% right here. He owed you, OP, nothing. In reading the editing messages (that you attempted to edit to put you in the best light), I could not agree with your position. He gave you a chance to buy. You kept making lower offers.

Because you like legal terms, one thing you could have done was paid him some fee (say $15 for the exclusive right to negotiate for 48 hours). You didnt do that. Tnarg had something else cooking because he was tiring of your silly negotiation and sold the cards to another buyer.

Would I be disappointed? Sure. I wouldn't lose sleep over it or seek to attempt to ruin the reputation of an outstanding member on BO.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #142 (permalink)

You're coming off as a douche for wanting the seller to play by your rules. Stop whining and move on.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #143 (permalink)

I love how now I am being accused of editing the PM's haha...

The post was edited because I accidentally cut off the top message.. it said so in the post buddy.

So we've gotten to a point that anything I say is apparently a lie.... just wow... wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footsteps View Post
Tnarg was 100% right here. He owed you, OP, nothing. In reading the editing messages (that you attempted to edit to put you in the best light), I could not agree with your position. He gave you a chance to buy. You kept making lower offers.

Because you like legal terms, one thing you could have done was paid him some fee (say $15 for the exclusive right to negotiate for 48 hours). You didnt do that. Tnarg had something else cooking because he was tiring of your silly negotiation and sold the cards to another buyer.

Would I be disappointed? Sure. I wouldn't lose sleep over it or seek to attempt to ruin the reputation of an outstanding member on BO.

Last edited by Imac7065; 05-29-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:18 AM   #144 (permalink)

I was hoping you would comment on the substantive advice I gave - pay for a no-shop. Google it. I thought I raised a good idea when dealing in high-end cards.

I didn't read all six pages. Skimmed them. Don't really care about the editing.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:21 AM   #145 (permalink)

for that $15 you were trying to save you can send it my paypal (preferably as a gift) for a hug if it will help comfort you....... BAZINGA!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footsteps View Post
I was hoping you would comment on the substantive advice I gave - pay for a no-shop. Google it. I thought I raised a good idea when dealing in high-end cards.

I didn't read all six pages. Skimmed them. Don't really care about the editing.
I'm not going to pay a guy for the right to talk to him lol.. from talking to him after all this he probably would have taken offense to me even suggesting that.

What it boiled down to is he wanted a straight answer.. while I was still trying to figure out all the details. He was black and white.. I was gray. I have no malice against him.. I just felt (and yes still feel) wronged in the fact that we were down to how payment would be made to cover the cost of fee's.. and he just sold the lot to someone else.

Apparently no one else agree's with me.. but I still feel that if you get that far with a person.. you finish the deal.

People on here have made it sound like I offered the guy pennies on the dollar.. then treated him like some clown and kept trying to low ball him. It's so far from the truth its mind boggling. We we figuring out the difference of paypal fee's! lol.. the premise of the deal was already done.

All i've gotten here is hostility that's gone so far that scumbags are accusing me of doctoring pm's, have an entitlement complex, and represent their stupid ideals of the generation i come from lol.

It's really gotten out of hand.. and I'm probably just adding to it by still responding.. I should have just stopped long ago.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:37 AM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
I RESPONDED TO THE 650 OFFER AND GOT "DEAL IS DEAD" back.. I 100% feel I was entitled to be told it was 650 or nothing.. and that he had a second party willing to pay that price.. either would have closed the deal.. and I am getting really angry at the community on this one...

it's like no one here understands business ethics.. if you have a hand shake agreement then flip the script and do something different.. IT'S WRONG.

Ask the Cavs about how they felt with carlos boozer circa 2004... that's how I am feeling right now.
But you didn't have a business agreement, nor any; you were still in the negotiations phase.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #148 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
But you didn't have a business agreement, nor any; you were still in the negotiations phase.
Way to spell it out.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:45 AM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Way to spell it out.

Way to spell it out for the 1 billionth time.

Also, If you were selling a card for 20 dollars and someone said they'd buy it for 50, you would take it. You know you would.

Just stop whining about it. If you REALLY wanted it, you would have just paid up. You were in negiotiations and NEVER had a deal.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #150 (permalink)

I would trust Tnarg with my right testicle....he's taken great care of the left one so far.

Too bad the thread rating option and tag options were removed. I would have LOVED to see those results.
Closed Thread