Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #151 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Wow, leave a thread for half a day and it explodes to 7 pages.

Not one person has agreed with the "buyer" in all 7 pages.

There is nothing ethical about it. Do you leave negs on ebay when you get snipped at the last second? Do you, as a seller, let people who first bid on your items on ebay have a chance to up the final bid after the auction has ended? How ethical would that be?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
Apparently no one else agree's with me.. but I still feel that if you get that far with a person.. you finish the deal.
Why did you post this thread? Seriously. If you don't care about EVERYBODY else's opinions and are convinced you're right and the seller's wrong no matter what anyone else says, why ask for other people's opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Too bad the thread rating option and tag options were removed. I would have LOVED to see those results.
I miss the thread tags. They turned threads like nicoleandryan's Tom Brady shield card into epic masterpieces. RIP thread tags.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post

I miss the thread tags. They turned threads like nicoleandryan's Tom Brady shield card into epic masterpieces. RIP thread tags.
So very true.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #154 (permalink)
Banned

Id be pissed plain and simple. if m working on a deal with someone I let the first person who responded have the first chance to make a deal, and I dont sell them to someone else unless the person says they dont want them. To do other than this is just unethical IMO. But of course everyone on here is pretty much just out to make a buck. Nobody really cares about the customer anymore.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #155 (permalink)

I agree with the rest of the post. Deal was not done, so seller is open to sell to whomever they wish to. I wouldn't be mad either cause it would have been my fault for not closing the deal. I have lost deals like this before cause I was trying to get a better deal. You live and learn. Next time, if you really want the card, pay the extra so this does not happen again. My 2 cents
Old 05-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #156 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:

It's not as if I told him "I can't do that because I want to pay $15 less" It was offer A.. rebuttal.. and rebuttal to the rebuttal.. the next message would have closed the deal.
Here's the bottom line to the whole thread. If you pussyfoot around with "rebuttals" you leave the window open for someone else to come in and meet the seller's price. If you want the cards that badly, come strong and pay the seller's price and complete the deal. "Being in negotiations" is meaningless. You're not two heads of state hammering out a missile shield agreement. He's a seller, you're a buyer.

Yes, bartering is how most of this is done with cards but you have to remember that it always leaves open the possibility of someone else just ponying up closer to the seller's asking price while you're dicking around with $15 on a $600+ deal. Win some, lose some. You lost this one, time to move on.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #157 (permalink)
Banned

There is nothing more funny IMO then when someone is fighting over a small amount of money and someone comes in and swipes it from you at full price. Thats what you get for trying to get "sick profits"

I love when something is listed for $15 dlvd and the first post offers $14 and I post and say ill take it for $15
Old 05-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post
There is nothing more funny IMO then when someone is fighting over a small amount of money and someone comes in and swipes it from you at full price. Thats what you get for trying to get "sick profits"

I love when something is listed for $15 dlvd and the first post offers $14 and I post and say ill take it for $15
ok one more time.. because I am getting really sick of this persona being made about me...

THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED!

We were working out logistics because the seller wanted to ensure his fee's were covered.. the price was more or less agreed on.. he wanted to ensure he got a certain number AFTER FEE'S WERE PAID. He asked me to pay gift.. and my response was paying half up front direct paypal.. and half after I received paypal gift.. which would have netted him the amount he wanted.

While waiting for a response to what I just said.. he sold the lot to someone else. I feel like im banging my head against the wall trying to explain that... over and over and over lol

For the record.. the seller himself said he had no issue with the price I was offering.. it's the fact that we were haggling.. something they personally did not like in general. I did not know this until afterwards.. and would have treated the situation vastly different if I had known that. I knew he was terse with his prices.. I did not know he took offense to haggling in general.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #159 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
ok one more time.. because I am getting really sick of thise persona being made about me...

We were working out logistics because the seller wanted to ensure his fee's were covered.. the price was more or less agreed on.. he wanted to ensure he got a certain number AFTER FEE'S WERE PAID. He asked me to pay gift.. and my response was paying half up front direct paypal.. and half after I received paypal gift.. which would have netted him the amount he wanted.

While waiting for a response to what I just said.. he sold the lot to someone else. I feel like im banging my head against the wall trying to explain that... over and over and over lol
Either way you are in the wrong, and the fact you contemplated leaving a neg is just stupid. Annoying yes, but worth leaving a feedback over no way.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #160 (permalink)

I did not sell these for more money so that's a moot point. I still have one of the cards in question too.

Bottom line, I quote a rock bottom price and if someone comes back with anything besides a yes or a no, I'm moving on.

It's never about the money with me. $15 won't make or break me. All of my deals get executed effortlessly. If they don't, my patience wears quickly and I move on. I do this stuff for fun, not as a business.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #161 (permalink)

And yes, no issue with the price bc I stated what it'd take. Issues with $300 down and the rest upon receipt was enough to make my weiner soft
Old 05-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #162 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
ok one more time.. because I am getting really sick of thise persona being made about me...

"Was more or less" isn's the same as "was." He wanted a set net. You did not offer to meet his net up front, you offered an alternative payment method (half and half). You were still in the discussion phase. Someone else apparently did meet his asking price and he sold to them.

You asked him to take on risk rather than do a straight Paypal deal up front. Seller's prerogative to value that offer however they want.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
And yes, no issue with the price bc I stated what it'd take. Issues with $300 down and the rest upon receipt was enough to make my weiner soft
You told me in a subsequent PM that my asking price was never an issue, and was fair... are you taking those words back now? From what you told me it wasn't the price, but haggling in general.

To me we had agreed between 620-640, pending the covering of paypal fee's.. is this not how you saw it?
Old 05-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
"Was more or less" isn's the same as "was." He wanted a set net. You did not offer to meet his net up front, you offered an alternative payment method (half and half). You were still in the discussion phase. Someone else apparently did meet his asking price and he sold to them.

You asked him to take on risk rather than do a straight Paypal deal up front. Seller's prerogative to value that offer however they want.
He was asking me to take a risk and send paypal gift.. I am part of the tigerbloood bs... I should take that risk again?

What is boils down to is I should have just said yes to the 640 rather than try to creatively get both him what he wants and I what I wanted.. if he had responded it would have been done. He shouldn't have just blown it off and sold it to someone else.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #165 (permalink)
Banned

im confused, tnarg wasn't trusted?
Old 05-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
You told me in a subsequent PM that my asking price was never an issue, and was fair... are you taking those words back now? From what you told me it wasn't the price, but haggling in general.

To me we had agreed between 620-640, pending the covering of paypal fee's.. is this not how you saw it?
Did I not just say the price wasn't an issue in what you just quoted me saying? I'm not going back on anything. Haggling yes, partial payments yes. Those were issues. You were dealing with "logistics", I gave you 2 options. $620 gift $640 goods. You went a third route. That wasn't an option.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #167 (permalink)
Banned

Grant is one of the most trusted on this board, i cant help but to just laugh at you now for losing the deal over this.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
Did I not just say the price wasn't an issue in what you just quoted me saying? I'm not going back on anything. Haggling yes, partial payments yes. Those were issues. You were dealing with "logistics", I gave you 2 options. $620 gift $640 goods. You went a third route. That wasn't an option.
And don't you think if you had come back to me saying "it's either what I said or nothing, I am not interested in doing parial payments" the deal would be done?

Instead you chose to blow it off, sell the lot to a subsequent person... and still have a card from the lot. I may be wrong for not just giving in to the 640... but you should have at least given me a response in that hour and the option to complete the deal sir.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #169 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
He was asking me to take a risk and send paypal gift.. I am part of the tigerbloood bs... I should take that risk again?

What is boils down to is I should have just said yes to the 640 rather than try to creatively get both him what he wants and I what I wanted.. if he had responded it would have been done. He shouldn't have just blown it off and sold it to someone else.
So then you offer to send half. That puts the risk on him.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Grant is one of the most trusted on this board, i cant help but to just laugh at you now for losing the deal over this.
i dont give a crap if it was jesus himself selling me the items.. I'm not sending paypal gift..
Old 05-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #171 (permalink)
Banned

and 6 more pages to come???????????
Old 05-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
So then you offer to send half. That puts the risk on him.
And one more time.. if he had REPLIED to that.. it would have been done at 640.. I was giving him an option to get what I wanted and what he wanted at the same time.. yes it was a risk.. but it was an effort to get what he wanted in the net gain...

he chose to not reply to this.. have me wait and hour.. and sell the items to someone else.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #173 (permalink)
Banned

just let it go/ you decided to take an option he wasnt offering and he didnt want to play games with you and sold it to someone else. jesus.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
i dont give a crap if it was jesus himself selling me the items.. I'm not sending paypal gift..
Shitting on our feedback system and community is not wise.

Gift was only ever brought up because you were being cheap.

So you can't trust a member with 200+ positive feedbacks. Ok, fine. But then you expect another member to trust you and your 20 feedback that you will send the other half of your payment? Are you for real?
Old 05-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
just let it go/ you decided to take an option he wasnt offering and he didnt want to play games with you and sold it to someone else. jesus.
It has nothing to do with letting anything go.. its over with.. I have already spent the funds elsewhere..

it's the fact that even 2 days later people are still responding to this thread to pan me because you all apparently love this guy...

I don't know tnarq from a hole in my head.. and he doesn't know me. I have never bought anything from him... and to my knowledge have never sold him anything either.

I keep getting updates on this thread with people attacking me because they think I was trying to be cheap with this guy.. ripp him off.. or did something wrong in general.. and I do not take to wrongful accusations lightly at all.

I was paying strong for the lot.. I was taking items I didn't even want as a favor to him... we were 99% done with the deal.. a simple reply within 1 hours time would have gotten the deal done.. he choose to blow me off and sell it to someone else.

As I said.. I don't care who it is.. a 1 feedback newbie to the boards, or a 10,000 feedback veteran.. I will not send that person paypal gift! lol.. if the guy had replied to the simple message.. the deal would have been done.. HE chose otherwise..

And btw.. I have now completed 3 transactions with the partial payment idea to cover the seller's fee's. I actually had one person refund my payment of direct paypal just yesterday so we could do it that way.