Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Possible issue with deal on here...

So I am doing what I call "talking shop" on a deal with a member on here (I will not name them so please do not ask)...

We are within $15 and some legistics of completing a +$600 deal.. I ask him a question about shipping.. and an hour later I get a message saying "deal is dead"

I then check the thread in which we started talking and he says that all but one of the items were sold.

As the person who was talking to them first, 99% complete with a deal.. and just figuring out logistics.. what can I do about this?

I feel as the first responder (and we were actually talking for a few days before the post was made on some of the items) I was entitled to at least have the first right of refusal on the deal...

am I right for being angry here?
Old 05-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nope. Until a deal is finalized he can sell them to anyone. It sucks for you, but your sense of entitlement is wrong.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Nope. Until a deal is finalized he can sell them to anyone. It sucks for you, but your sense of entitlement is wrong.
so if you were the first to respond.. have a deal almost complete.. you wouldn't feel a little angry they just sold the lot to someone else? Really?
Old 05-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
so if you were the first to respond.. have a deal almost complete.. you wouldn't feel a little angry they just sold the lot to someone else? Really?
Until the deal is fully complete, they are still his cards to do with as he pleases. He may have been working on another deal with someone and they pulled the trigger quicker? I see no need to be upset, you're not losing anything. You still have your cards.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
A little maybe. But the seller still isn't in the wrong at all.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Until the deal is fully complete, they are still his cards to do with as he pleases. He may have been working on another deal with someone and they pulled the trigger quicker? I see no need to be upset, you're not losing anything. You still have your cards.
no.. I just lot out on a lot of cards I was trying to buy.. you guys really don't feel he should have at least told me the offer he got from someone else? Given the first right of refusal? I do that for the first person on an item every time.. I think of it as a common curtouscy

and btw.. I was waiting for a response on to a payment method question when he wrote "deal is dead" ... waited over an hour to contact me

Last edited by Imac7065; 05-28-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

I agree with others if it was only 15 bucks in question out of a 600$ deal , you should have just ate it. Not knowing if it was a obo posting with price then ya cant hate if someone had a better offer. I have sold cards to people that hit me up first either pm or post 1st is 1st. Sorry you didnt get your deal but collecting is fun dont let the $$$$ get ya twisted.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Something like this happened to me before, but in the end I just thought to myself that maybe it was for the best that I didn't deal with the other person. All you can do is shrug it off.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbaked247 View Post
I agree with others if it was only 15 bucks in question out of a 600$ deal , you should have just ate it. Not knowing if it was a obo posting with price then ya cant hate if someone had a better offer. I have sold cards to people that hit me up first either pm or post 1st is 1st. Sorry you didnt get your deal but collecting is fun dont let the $$$$ get ya twisted.
If he had told me "its this or the deal is dead".. I would have done it.. I am not stupid enough to blow a deal like that over $15...

it's the fact that rather than tell me that.. he just sold the items to someone else.. and after a response I just got from them.. I am even more angry.

They more or less told me I should have known that was there "rock bottom price" and they considered me to have to first right of refusal.... they sold it to the other party without informing me of the second offer or giving me a right to match.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Not at all. These are just cards.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Something like this happened to me before, but in the end I just thought to myself that maybe it was for the best that I didn't deal with the other person. All you can do is shrug it off.
They were items I was going to use at a trade show.. and one I might have just kept for myself because it was that nice.. I am pretty angry I didn't get one specific card in the lot.

I was even trying to buy items I didn't want just to get the deal done.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Not at all. These are just cards.
for me it's a business though.. maybe that's why I am more angry than most would be.

I am considering leaving them poor feedback for this.. would I be out of bounds to do so?
Old 05-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

I understand your frustration there. But, until money is exchanged or so forth, nothing is in legal binding terms. Kinda sucks he never finised the deal with you, but were you trying to get more of a deal with the 15.00 and he didnt want to budge?
I take it, he found somone who would pay what he needed.
Good luck in the future!
Quote:
So I am doing what I call "talking shop" on a deal with a member on here (I will not name them so please do not ask)...

We are within $15 and some legistics of completing a +$600 deal.. I ask him a question about shipping.. and an hour later I get a message saying "deal is dead"

I then check the thread in which we started talking and he says that all but one of the items were sold.

As the person who was talking to them first, 99% complete with a deal.. and just figuring out logistics.. what can I do about this?

I feel as the first responder (and we were actually talking for a few days before the post was made on some of the items) I was entitled to at least have the first right of refusal on the deal...

am I right for being angry here?
Old 05-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Yes, you are totally right. That's what you want to hear, isn't it?

If you leave poor feedback, you should be banned.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Would I be a little salty? Yeah, of course. But, unless it was some rare super OMGZ mojorific PC card, I'd just move on and let it go.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

I dont know that I would leave feedback espeacially bad feedback as you were mearly trying to work out a deal that just didnt happen. If it were a done deal and he backed out after posting the trade or money was exchanged, thats a different story obviously.
But, Im new on BlowoutCards and found that you dont even Post up a trade like on SCF?

Quote:
for me it's a business though.. maybe that's why I am more angry than most would be.

I am considering leaving them poor feedback for this.. would I be out of bounds to do so?
Old 05-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
Would I be a little salty? Yeah, of course. But, unless it was some rare super OMGZ mojorific PC card, I'd just move on and let it go.
a steve young exquisite patch auto /10 with 7 color breaks? Possibly the nicest 49ers card I have ever seen.... that's the card that has me the most irritated
Old 05-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

So you are angry about missed profits?

A deal is not done till it's done. Your deal was not done. Just get over it.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueduckfan View Post
I understand your frustration there. But, until money is exchanged or so forth, nothing is in legal binding terms. Kinda sucks he never finised the deal with you, but were you trying to get more of a deal with the 15.00 and he didnt want to budge?
I take it, he found somone who would pay what he needed.
Good luck in the future!
We had exchanged 1 message about the $15.. he was at 650.. I said I'd like to be at 630 but I can throw in $5 to cover shipping as well... then I got the "deal is dead" response....

does that explain my frustration a little more?
Old 05-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Hey Imac, your not the same guy who jumped down my throat in my sale thread on SCF the other day cause I was trying to ask for 40.00 dlvd on my Dan Fouts Elite PTT auto /99 because it was only selling for avg. 15.00 on EBay are you?
You look familiar? And with the frustration from a deal you had, you might the the same guy? It started a big heated debate and a bunch of people jumped on taking both sides evenly. You or whoever it was, thought it was moraly wrong for me to ask more than Ebay price and you wouldnt let me get away with it while I stood my ground and felt I could ASK for as much as I wanted for MY card and noone was being forced to buy it.
You?
Quote:

Old 05-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

I can understand the frustration but there was no deal. Just gotta take it with a grain of salt
Old 05-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #22 (permalink)

lol man. He was at 650 and you weren't. If frustrated with anyone it should be yourself.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
lol man. He was at 650 and you weren't. If frustrated with anyone it should be yourself.
once again.. im not sure why I am being piled on here.. but if he had told me that it was 650 or nothing.. I would have done it.. from my perspective we were still haggling and the deal was already done.. we were even talking about shipping times and delivery dates! lol
Old 05-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

not trying to defend the heck outta the other guy but, maybe he saw that your were negotiating with him and he might have felt that it wouldnt happen as alot of deals dont due to everyone trying to low ball other members cards just to get a RESELL value and there the only ones allowed to make money and he took another offer that was there?

I feel the same way sometimes. Get people asking about your cards, you shoot some prices and you can tell if there interested or gonna be hard to sell to. Hard to get even close to BV on these sites.
Quote:
We had exchanged 1 message about the $15.. he was at 650.. I said I'd like to be at 630 but I can throw in $5 to cover shipping as well... then I got the "deal is dead" response....

does that explain my frustration a little more?
Old 05-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
once again.. im not sure why I am being piled on here.. but if he had told me that it was 650 or nothing.. I would have done it.. from my perspective we were still haggling and the deal was already done.. we were even talking about shipping times and delivery dates! lol
You asked for opinions. Apparently you don't take rejection very well.
Closed Thread