Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teambo1634 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
dude those girls are like 16 haha
add them together and that's 32, sounds legal to me

but seriously I understand your question OP, I would also like to know how low can you go before your considered a low baller and in reality if your a lowballer because of your offer or because of the asking price. Here's an example

Seller has a printing plate of a player from a mid end product. Player is of "evan longoria" type caliber I guess you can say, he's no Jeter or Kobe but at the same time he not a no-name.

Anyways he has the plate listed for $150 obo, I figure if it ran at $0.99 it would probably end between $25 - $40 depending on how many ppl it catches.

So I made an offer of $15 looking to negotiate a realistic price, I go to message him the next day and I'm blocked so can't contact him again...

So am I a low baller because of my offer or his price?

If i didn't make any sense then please post more pictures similar to the one in this thread, and not the one of the squirrel
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post

/thread
^^^^Ahhhhh that’s what a Low Baller is. All this time I thought they we threads about getting kicked in the sack.

Thanks for clearing things up
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Then why put up a Best offer? Why dont you put a firm price on it and let it sell? You are asking for people to send in their low offers when you put Best offer.
Because if someone wants to make a reasonable offer, why not?

The term is "best offer", not "I'll take whatever you'll give me".
Old 06-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #29 (permalink)

In this case yes... offering 10% of an asking price is only going to piss the guy off. You should have gone the route of e-mailing the seller and trying to negotiate that way. If I see a $15 offer on a $150 item I just ignore the offer.. don't even bother declining it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
add them together and that's 32, sounds legal to me

but seriously I understand your question OP, I would also like to know how low can you go before your considered a low baller and in reality if your a lowballer because of your offer or because of the asking price. Here's an example

Seller has a printing plate of a player from a mid end product. Player is of "evan longoria" type caliber I guess you can say, he's no Jeter or Kobe but at the same time he not a no-name.

Anyways he has the plate listed for $150 obo, I figure if it ran at $0.99 it would probably end between $25 - $40 depending on how many ppl it catches.

So I made an offer of $15 looking to negotiate a realistic price, I go to message him the next day and I'm blocked so can't contact him again...

So am I a low baller because of my offer or his price?

If i didn't make any sense then please post more pictures similar to the one in this thread, and not the one of the squirrel
Old 06-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #30 (permalink)

I don't mind someone making a low offer because I'll just tell them it's low and I'll pass. It's when they try to BS me and defend their cheapness by picking the lowest sale price they can find on fleabay and then act like I'm too high that usually gets me annoyed. I also don't like the jagoffs on here who always want to pay nothing when buying but want top dollar when selling but that's for another thread.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I don't mind someone making a low offer because I'll just tell them it's low and I'll pass. It's when they try to BS me and defend their cheapness by picking the lowest sale price they can find on fleabay and then act like I'm too high that usually gets me annoyed. I also don't like the jagoffs on here who always want to pay nothing when buying but want top dollar when selling but that's for another thread.
nope... that's for this thread.. vent away. When I try to sell on here (which I rarely do lol) I try to get what I would have gotten on eBay minus the fee's
Old 06-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #32 (permalink)

For me I buy cards with this approach. If you are selling me a card then you have to sell it to me for the going market rate. Where I come from the going market rate is defined as such. NOT ONE PENNY MORE THEN SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS SELLING THE SAME EXACT CARD. Why would I pay more then I have to? That would be stupid and would be like flushing money down the toilet. So you can either beat your competitors price or hit the road. Right to the point and down to business.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

I dont have an exact definition of low balling, but you, Imac, will not be buying anything off of me.

Its just distasteful to go "Im going to offer 20 - 30% off of ebay so I can flip your card and make a profit". Even if its obvious that that is what you are doing, its something that does not need to be said.

I dont go up to people in yard sales and say "hey! Can I buy this off of you for 30% less so I go sell it immediately and make money".

Basically, Im saying, you are a douche who I have a feeling wont be dealing with too many people on here in the future
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #34 (permalink)

Wow... I thought this might be the one thread without personal attacks.. guess I was wrong...

1) I do business on here every day.. including tonight

2) I think your post there proved who the "douch" was between us

3) I ID myself as a dealer and pay stronger than almost any other dealer on here.. I get people randomly PMing me here every day asking me to look at their buckets to sell items. Not everyone wants to deal with ebay or selling items.. they would MUCH rather sell their items to someone like me (or anyone else) and take that $$$ to buy more boxes, or PC items.

4) Without dealers you would never get to buy anything you have in your collection.. so get over yourself.

You were WAY out of line here pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidthekidc87 View Post
I dont have an exact definition of low balling, but you, Imac, will not be buying anything off of me.

Its just distasteful to go "Im going to offer 20 - 30% off of ebay so I can flip your card and make a profit". Even if its obvious that that is what you are doing, its something that does not need to be said.

I dont go up to people in yard sales and say "hey! Can I buy this off of you for 30% less so I go sell it immediately and make money".

Basically, Im saying, you are a douche who I have a feeling wont be dealing with too many people on here in the future
Old 06-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Wow... I thought this might be the one thread without personal attacks.. guess I was wrong...

3) I ID myself as a dealer and pay stronger than almost any other dealer on here.. I get people randomly PMing me here every day asking me to look at their buckets to sell items. Not everyone wants to deal with ebay or selling items.. they would MUCH rather sell their items to someone like me (or anyone else) and take that $$$ to buy more boxes, or PC items.

4) Without dealers you would never get to buy anything you have in your collection.. so get over yourself.

thats honestly the most untrue thing ive ever read on here
Old 06-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post

/thread
Quote:

YOu keep making stupid threads, expect stupid replies. Seriously, you have 2200 items bin/bo on ebay and you are asking what a lowball offer is? Are you that much of a rook? STUPID THREAD
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
YOu keep making stupid threads, expect stupid replies. Seriously, you have 2200 items bin/bo on ebay and you are asking what a lowball offer is? Are you that much of a rook? STUPID THREAD
This was for everyone.. not just myself... why does every single Fing thing on this site turn into personal attacks? Seriously

All I see on here are people lobbing "lowball" accusations at every offer people make.. I thought a thread like this would actually HELP people on here... and for the first 2 pages or so.. it was! lol
Old 06-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
Plus do you see the Effing prices he's asking for his SH!T on ebay dudes an absolute moron IMO
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:45 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
thats honestly the most untrue thing ive ever read on here
Then you are pretty naive... without your local hobby shop.. how do you buy a box of whatever product? Without blowout (or any other SPONSORED forum) how do you trade online? Without Wal Mart or target how do you buy retail?

You going to start making your own cards? It has to be bought from somewhere. Even Topps, Panini and Upper Deck are guess what.. DEALERS! lol.. they set up at every major trade show.

And remember your statement here... especially the next time you are at a trade show and find that 1 card you were looking for all your collecting life. That dealer had to buy that card too.

You will never make it in the real world if you believe what you said here.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
Plus do you see the Effing prices he's asking for his SH!T on ebay dudes an absolute moron IMO
jesus.. another one...I've sold $10,000 in the last month on eBay.. you're right.. I'm a real moron lol

... $10,536 to be exact.. over 33k in the last 120 days
Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote:

Old 06-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #42 (permalink)

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
ninja cat? haha
Old 06-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Then you are pretty naive... without your local hobby shop.. how do you buy a box of whatever product? Without blowout (or any other SPONSORED forum) how do you trade online? Without Wal Mart or target how do you buy retail?

You going to start making your own cards? It has to be bought from somewhere. Even Topps, Panini and Upper Deck are guess what.. DEALERS! lol.. they set up at every major trade show.

And remember your statement here... especially the next time you are at a trade show and find that 1 card you were looking for all your collecting life. That dealer had to buy that card too.

You will never make it in the real world if you believe what you said here.
panini upper deck and topps are manufacturers....they make the cards hot shot

walmart and target are retailers....they buy the cards for manufacturing price and supply them to the customer

that is not what a dealer is.....ive come to the conclusion that youre just stupid, and are throwing a hissy fit because everyone has been calling you a lowballer, which you are.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:06 AM   #45 (permalink)

If I am at a show and a guy stacks up all of my exquisite patches and tells me he'll give me $250 for them, that's a lowballer and an ass.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrycollegek View Post
If I am at a show and a guy stacks up all of my exquisite patches and tells me he'll give me $250 for them, that's a lowballer and an ass.
what if I said 275? LOL... yes that would be a low baller
Old 06-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

for you, king of sports cards

Condescending Wonka - oh youre a dealer of sports cards tell me more hot shot
Old 06-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
what if I said 275? LOL... yes that would be a low baller
you would be a lowballer, like you are already
Old 06-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
panini upper deck and topps are manufacturers....they make the cards hot shot

walmart and target are retailers....they buy the cards for manufacturing price and supply them to the customer

that is not what a dealer is.....ive come to the conclusion that youre just stupid, and are throwing a hissy fit because everyone has been calling you a lowballer, which you are.
You obviously are oblivious.. go to the national this year in Baltimore and learn reality my friend... heck go to a local trade show and just watch for a little while. Dealers are what keep this hobby alive.. what's left of it.

and as for your "manufacturers, retailers" comment.. are you kidding me? lol

At the national Panini is pushing their stuff like any guy set up with showcases... UD, Topps, heck even Brain Gray (the owner of leaf) has a booth and is pushing / buying product. You live in a very sheltered box my friend lol
Old 06-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
you would be a lowballer, like you are already
you need to just grow up and move on here my friend.. you are starting to cross a line with me.