Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #51 (permalink)

Imac7065 please check your eBay. I believe I have provided you an example of a lowballer lol
Old 06-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
You obviously are oblivious.. go to the national this year in Baltimore and learn reality my friend... heck go to a local trade show and just watch for a little while. Dealers are what keep this hobby alive.. what's left of it.

and as for your "manufacturers, retailers" comment.. are you kidding me? lol

At the national Panini is pushing their stuff like any guy set up with showcases... UD, Topps, heck even Brain Gray (the owner of leaf) has a booth and is pushing / buying product. You live in a very sheltered box my friend lol
you are just stupid........just because cvs sells drugs does not make them a dealer....the guy on the corner is a "drug" dealer....just like the overpriced ebay store you run qualifies you as a "card" dealer.

your definitions are skewed.

and rather than fighting over technicalities, which is meaningless, i still remain by my comment that you are a distasteful buyer who is just looking to make a penny.
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidthekidc87 View Post
thats honestly the most untrue thing ive ever read on here
Really, cause I could've sworn "the most untrue thing" I've ever read on here was some kid pretending to be a police officer.

Guess we don't read the same threads...
Old 06-06-2012, 01:26 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
well you read that...i typed it...there's quite a difference.

but that comment was super original and really creative....you must be some big shot creative director in real life, or a comedian.
That's why it is always important to read what you type. You might end up publishing something you may regret later.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
That's why it is always important to read what you type. You might end up publishing something you may regret later.
unfortunately, im illiterate

if only i had the creative and intellectual skills wilsonvaldez has...then my life would be infinitely better
Old 06-06-2012, 01:33 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
can I call you the fortune cookie poster? lol
Old 06-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrycollegek View Post
Imac7065 please check your eBay. I believe I have provided you an example of a lowballer lol
i saw that.. $25 for a a brady UD Premier auto.. that would qualify lol
Old 06-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Old 06-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
it would help if your picture actually showed up

unfortunately, i dont expect much more from you
Old 06-06-2012, 01:49 AM   #60 (permalink)

This thread is kinda like watching the Celtics/Heat series. If only somehow both teams could lose...
Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #61 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

3) I ID myself as a dealer and pay stronger than almost any other dealer on here.. I get people randomly PMing me here every day asking me to look at their buckets to sell items. Not everyone wants to deal with ebay or selling items.. they would MUCH rather sell their items to someone like me (or anyone else) and take that $$$ to buy more boxes, or PC items.
I could use some money for some PC cards care to buy anything off of me?

Baseball

Football

Basketball

Hockey

They are priced to flip for a seller such as yourself, lmk thanks
Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Because if someone wants to make a reasonable offer, why not?

The term is "best offer", not "I'll take whatever you'll give me".
Whats reasonable? between 2 and 4%? LOL. Why waste the time. Just offer it at that price?

If you have a card for $100 and willing to take best offer, its automatically tells the buyers that he can get it for less. How much less is now the new game. Why would any buyer pay more when he doesnt have to? So he is forced by the Best offer to lowball.

If you offer a card at $100 BO, You think a buyer will come along and offer you $98? lol. What for, just take it at $100. $2 on $100 doesnt make a difference.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #63 (permalink)
XL5

"Let me start a thread because I got butthurt in some other thread and in this one I'll control the conversation and get to say how much of a big money pimp dealer I am and...wait...who is this Sidthekidc87...it is like looking in a mirror...could he be...my...archnemesis?"
Old 06-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
So I keep seeing threads accusing people of "lowballing" offers on here.. I thought we should hash this out as a group a figure out what a "lowballer" really is....

In my case.. I always ID myself as a dealer and try to offer 20-30% below eBay. This allows me to to sell an item for the eBay price.. and collect around 10% profit after all fee's are paid. When I pay taxes, I lose even more money on that 10%... so I feel I offer pretty fair. Is this "lowballing"?
Let's hear what everyone has to say.....
yes...anything more than 20% off is a lowball offer in my book....

just because you justify it to yourself that you need to go lower to make a profit, doesn't make it a good offer
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Whats reasonable? between 2 and 4%? LOL. Why waste the time. Just offer it at that price?

If you have a card for $100 and willing to take best offer, its automatically tells the buyers that he can get it for less. How much less is now the new game. Why would any buyer pay more when he doesnt have to? So he is forced by the Best offer to lowball.

If you offer a card at $100 BO, You think a buyer will come along and offer you $98? lol. What for, just take it at $100. $2 on $100 doesnt make a difference.
I have people hit BIN all the time on listings that are BIN/BO. Some people realize it's a good price and don't want to risk losing it to someone else hitting BIN while waiting to see if I accept the offer.

I don't use BO for most of my listings, but I will usually use it when I have something that hasn't moved for awhile but is priced in line with recent sales. If it takes 10-15% off the going rate to move the damn thing, I'll usually accept that.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:

Actually, I've had several cards that I listed using BIN/BO where a buyer simply hit the BIN instead of making an offer.

EDIT: Looks like monkey beat me to it and has had some similar experiences as well.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
I have people hit BIN all the time on listings that are BIN/BO. Some people realize it's a good price and don't want to risk losing it to someone else hitting BIN while waiting to see if I accept the offer.

I don't use BO for most of my listings, but I will usually use it when I have something that hasn't moved for awhile but is priced in line with recent sales. If it takes 10-15% off the going rate to move the damn thing, I'll usually accept that.
Exactly...usually if I do make and offer...I can get a pretty good acceptance rate at 10-15%...sometimes I'll try 20% off, but thats usually if I don't care so much about the card, and can take it or leave it, If I want the card though, I'll hit the BIN if its at current value
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Actually, I've had several cards that I listed using BIN/BO where a buyer simply hit the BIN instead of making an offer.

EDIT: Looks like monkey beat me to it and has had some similar experiences as well.
Im not talking about those who hit the BIN. Im talking about those who make lowball offers on Best offers.

Im trying to show the advocate POV on a buyer who wants to purchase an item at the lowest cost.

I will hit the BIN on any cards that I am comfortable buying at that price. But if I see a card that is listed as best offer (That doesnt move fact or is grossly over priced) who wouldnt take a chance at throwing in a lower offer.

I think Best offer gets abused by sellers. Typically we can see sellers use the BIN/BO feature to put crazy prices on their cards. Cards that tend to sell in the $100 range get listed for $999 BO. This offsets people to start making low offers.

As much as a seller is trying to get the "Most" for his item, the buyer is trying to get that same item at "Least" price from his finances.

Im just saying it works both ways.

The simple solution is to not offer BO if you are afraid of lowball offers. Infact, set up a threshold.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #69 (permalink)

The answer to your question simply lies within the motivation of the seller. If you're dealing with someone who has the luxury of being patient and doesn't need to sell the card(s) to pay off bills, cards, boxes/cases, then you're not like to find meat left on the bone. If you're dealing with someone that needs the cash quick to pay off debts/replenish their account (PayPal, checking, savings, etc), then 20-30% off eBay prices isn't that bad IMO.
Hell, at 20-30% less eBay prices, you're making roughly 10% profit after all is said and done. Seems like an awful lot of work/risk to me for such little payoff...
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #70 (permalink)

How did NWOWolfpack say it? You guys are all crazy....

Free Bump.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Im not talking about those who hit the BIN. Im talking about those who make lowball offers on Best offers.

Im trying to show the advocate POV on a buyer who wants to purchase an item at the lowest cost.

I will hit the BIN on any cards that I am comfortable buying at that price. But if I see a card that is listed as best offer (That doesnt move fact or is grossly over priced) who wouldnt take a chance at throwing in a lower offer.

I think Best offer gets abused by sellers. Typically we can see sellers use the BIN/BO feature to put crazy prices on their cards. Cards that tend to sell in the $100 range get listed for $999 BO. This offsets people to start making low offers.

As much as a seller is trying to get the "Most" for his item, the buyer is trying to get that same item at "Least" price from his finances.

Im just saying it works both ways.

The simple solution is to not offer BO if you are afraid of lowball offers. Infact, set up a threshold.
In that case, I see your point. A seller out of touch with reality that much is as annoying as a buyer coming in with a ridiculous offer. I buy for my PC so I see that from the buyer's side, as well.

As a seller, I try to base my BIN numbers on market value--sometimes slightly higher if I feel a card is trending up, but nothing crazy.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtom2005 View Post
Why? Do people go into Best Buy/Target and negotiate? I do not see the difference unless someone is trying to make a bunch of money off someone.
Yes. I went into Circuit City and they had a computer I wanted for $399, I asked if they had a return and sure enough I paid $332 for it. You can negotiate.

Quote:
Its just distasteful to go "Im going to offer 20 - 30% off of ebay so I can flip your card and make a profit". Even if its obvious that that is what you are doing, its something that does not need to be said.
How is that distasteful? It essentially says to the seller, you can do this yourself if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrycollegek View Post
If I am at a show and a guy stacks up all of my exquisite patches and tells me he'll give me $250 for them, that's a lowballer and an ass.
Most dealers at a show will pay less than 50% of eBay, especially for dead products. Just because it books for $100 doesn't mean it will sell for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
yes...anything more than 20% off is a lowball offer in my book....

just because you justify it to yourself that you need to go lower to make a profit, doesn't make it a good offer
OK, if you want to buy my PC for 20% of high book, PM me and you can have it all. I like my hundreds crisp and new, OK?

I have been accused of being a lowballer. If you don't like the offer, reject or counter, I know what I have to pay for a card to make a profit and my first offer isn't always my top dollar.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #73 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post

I have been accused of being a lowballer. If you don't like the offer, reject or counter, I know what I have to pay for a card to make a profit and my first offer isn't always my top dollar.
I agree with you.

Who in their right mind starts a negotiation with their best or top offer? LOL

Maybe its due to sports cards sellers thinking they are holding GOLD or medicine needed to save your life!!

THis has never been an issue until Best offer or "OBO" came into play. Sellers try and use it to their advantage to gouge buyers into paying way more market or catching a sucker!!

Now that buyers are using it to their advantage, (Mind I say rightfullly so) its become an issue because sellers feel petty getting offers below their asking price.

Again this circles back to firm prices.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #74 (permalink)

LOL.. PM me those links.. I have to go out right now but will check later on thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
I could use some money for some PC cards care to buy anything off of me?

Baseball

Football

Basketball

Hockey

They are priced to flip for a seller such as yourself, lmk thanks
Old 06-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
The answer to your question simply lies within the motivation of the seller. If you're dealing with someone who has the luxury of being patient and doesn't need to sell the card(s) to pay off bills, cards, boxes/cases, then you're not like to find meat left on the bone. If you're dealing with someone that needs the cash quick to pay off debts/replenish their account (PayPal, checking, savings, etc), then 20-30% off eBay prices isn't that bad IMO.
Hell, at 20-30% less eBay prices, you're making roughly 10% profit after all is said and done. Seems like an awful lot of work/risk to me for such little payoff...
yet I was called a crack dealer for trying to do that in this thread lol