Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #76 (permalink)

[QUOTE=ssbledsoe;2782645]The answer to your question simply lies within the motivation of the seller. If you're dealing with someone who has the luxury of being patient and doesn't need to sell the card(s) to pay off bills, cards, boxes/cases, then you're not like to find meat left on the bone. If you're dealing with someone that needs the cash quick to pay off debts/replenish their account (PayPal, checking, savings, etc), then 20-30% off eBay prices isn't that bad IMO.
Hell, at 20-30% less eBay prices, you're making roughly 10% profit after all is said and done. Seems like an awful lot of work/risk to me for such little payoff...[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
yet I was called a crack dealer for trying to do that in this thread lol
Well, honestly, I'm a patient seller, so it does get annoying when "dealers" are trying to tell you how great their offer is.
I'm amazed that someone that does so much work for such little profit and seems so annoyed with buyer and seller habits that you're really doing this for a 10% net profit. Guess you missed my sarcasm...
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post

OK, if you want to buy my PC for 20% of high book, PM me and you can have it all. I like my hundreds crisp and new, OK?

I have been accused of being a lowballer. If you don't like the offer, reject or counter, I know what I have to pay for a card to make a profit and my first offer isn't always my top dollar.
where did I ever say 20% off of high book?? The discussion was about ebay market prices, so not sure where you got high book from, the Op asked for an opinion, that was my opinion...sheesh

and to your bolded statement, I agree, if you don't like the offer, reject or counter, not a big deal...but the original question by the OP was what were peoples opinions that a lowball offer was.

Last edited by Dacubs; 06-06-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #78 (permalink)

I can understand paying 20-30% (even 50%) off market price if buying in BULK, as some people do not want to spend the time/effort to sell in volume. However, It's lowballing to offer that on single cards, especially for hot players/products. That's called an easy flip & is just plain lazy IMO.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
where did I ever say 20% off of high book?? The discussion was about ebay market prices, so not sure where you got high book from, the Op asked for an opinion, that was my opinion...sheesh
That just went right over your head.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
That just went right over your head.
no, just couldn't tell from your responses if you were being sarcastic, funny, or a jerk...
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
no, just couldn't tell from your responses if you were being sarcastic, funny, or a jerk...
All three
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 06-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teambo1634 View Post
I thought this needed added to page four!!!
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
All three
Are you sure that it wasn't actually a combo of the first and third choices and little to none of the second?
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #84 (permalink)

where's chris hansen when you need him? Come on now guys...

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #85 (permalink)

True meaning of low ballers:

ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes. I went into Circuit City and they had a computer I wanted for $399, I asked if they had a return and sure enough I paid $332 for it. You can negotiate.
B]
So you negotiated the price of a returned computer at a major retailer, really? No, you got a different product with a different market value. That is not negotiating. If you didn't want it, you wouldn't have bought it at that price.

Dealers should tell people this fact. Taking time, money and energy to sell something affects the price. I can understand this fact of economics. This is not lowballing. It is spreading the money around to all involved.

Any kid and some adults are not going to understand economics (example: Pawn Stars). I would ignore them if they do not.

Last edited by drtom2005; 06-06-2012 at 11:47 PM.
drtom2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtom2005 View Post
So you negotiated the price of a returned computer at a major retailer, really? No, you got a different product with a different market value. That is not negotiating. If you didn't want it, you wouldn't have bought it at that price.
Dude, it was a closeout sale, and yes, I did.

They were selling it with a 3 year backed corporate warranty which I knew was worth jack because they were going OOB so I negotiated that off the bill.

You can negotiate, it is easier with a mom and pop but it can be done.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:14 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
jesus.. another one...I've sold $10,000 in the last month on eBay.. you're right.. I'm a real moron lol

... $10,536 to be exact.. over 33k in the last 120 days
1099 anyone?
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
1099 anyone?
been there done that.. will be doing a bigger one in 2012
Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #90 (permalink)

wow*** this is bad
tennelson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #91 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

They were selling it with a 3 year backed corporate warranty which I knew was worth jack because they were going OOB so I negotiated that off the bill.

Ive done it at best buy as well. Got a 2699.99 tv for 1999.99 just because I was able to get him to throw in the 5 yr warranty for nothing.

By the way, another example of negotiations at best buy is their price match system. They will price match any advertised deal if its the same brand/model.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:

I've done this before as well. If someone wants to move inventory bad enough, everything is negotiable. And it helps to have it in cash

Places where it's always negotiable (besides the obvious, car dealers): mattress places, furniture places, card shops, used book places, any type of second hand place.

Some doctors and hospitals will also give you a deal if you pay them directly.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #93 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
I've done this before as well. If someone wants to move inventory bad enough, everything is negotiable. And it helps to have it in cash

Places where it's always negotiable (besides the obvious, car dealers): mattress places, furniture places, card shops, used book places, any type of second hand place.

Some doctors and hospitals will also give you a deal if you pay them directly.
We cant wheel and deal with doctors as its all covered for us here in Canada but I know for a fact that my dentist has 2 prices. 1 price if im going through insurance and a cash price if im footing the bill.

And the mark up on furniture is crazy. I know employee discounts at "The Brick" here in Canada get 50% off certain items. Imagine what the mark up on the MSRP is?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote