Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Vick Gets 23 Months

http://www.yahoo.com/s/756590

Looks like he'll only do about 20 though since they say he can get his sentence reduced by 3 months max......I'm sure he will.

So he misses all of the 2008 season. If the Falcons don't have a good young QB by then, my money says Blank "gives him another chance" since he did his time. The NFL, like every other sports or entertainment business, only cares about making money and Vick's NFL comeback would put people in the Georgia Dome seats. I seriously doubt Vick's NFL days are over.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

ture he will only do 20 months federal time, but don't forget the states and locals can go after him once he's done serving the federal sentence i believe... and if they do, they're going to nail him hard.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

I agree that he will be back in the NFL but I dont think it will be with Atlanta. I really think Arthur Blank is done with him and it would probably be best for Vick to start over somewhere else. If he serves 20 months it will be Sept/Oct 2009 when he is released and he will have to work his way into shape and learn an offense. So maybe towards the end of the 2009 season he would play but any team thats in the hunt at that time will be set with their QB. So if he plays in 09 he will be on a bad team unless he replaces someone who's injured. Realistically he wouldnt be a starter again until 2010. If he really wants to play he should give up on being a QB as he could be very successful as a receiver/runner. How old will he be in 2010? 30?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

I believe his playing days are over, at least as a STARTING QB. He's never been that accuarate as a passer when he was playing. Basically, he's an avg. QB that has superior athletic ability. It's not like he's going to the Ritz either. He's not going to have playbooks to look over as the game of football evolves (as it always does) over the next couple of years, he's not going to have the workout equipment that he's accustomed to, and how much time is he going to have to workout and throw a football around while in prison? Also, since it sounds like he has been less than candid with the Feds and he flunked a drug test, will Roger Godell even let him back in the league when he gets out in 2009? I figure the ONLY way he will return will be as a "Slash" type of player Kordell Stewart started out as being in Pittsburgh. Back-up QB, used in gadget plays as a RB/WR, etc..
Munsonmanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munsonmanor View Post
and throw a football around while in prison?
I don't know, but I could see the reality based movie "The Longest Yard 3" starring Vick.