Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Opinions wanted....Word Processing services (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/3227-opinions-wanted-word-processing-services.html)

CaptainBOHICA 12-10-2007 08:48 PM

Opinions wanted....Word Processing services

so i thought of another possible side thing for myself.... and i wanted to run it by some of you since a lot of you are professionals in the daytime...

through my job i've become pretty proficient and pretty good at making Forms on MSWORD.

my idea was to advertise that service on craigslist.. charge 15+ bucks depending on complexity.. take 1/2 of the payment up front, and the rest when i deliver the product.. and to ensure full payment, email the document password protected and once payment is made, email the pw to unlock it.

easy for me to make them, hard for others. i dont know. it was an idea that popped in my head after i spent 2 hours making a form this morning for work.

opinions?

hockeyjunkie99 12-10-2007 09:03 PM

CAP,

Why don't you become a Hockey Referee?? I do it to try and keep in as much shape as I can(not gain weight that is) and it gives me an extra $500-$1000 a month depending on how many games I want to ref a month. Just a suggestion.

CaptainBOHICA 12-10-2007 09:04 PM

i dont know the rules of hockey.. and knowing my temper.. if one of those punk parents come at me with their whining and bs, i'd break them LOL.

hockeyjunkie99 12-10-2007 09:08 PM

LMAO....Scratch that idea then!!!:flex:

swerve 12-10-2007 11:17 PM

I have been thinking I may get into reffing when I get back to Texas, either Baseball or Basketball. Just not sure how to go about it. My dad was a basketball ref for 20-30 years but I am sure the process of getting started has changed significantly.

csun22 12-10-2007 11:32 PM

Capt, I actually thought about doing the same thing for MS Excel :) I thought about the idea for a while and posted 1 ad on craigslist to try it out. I had forgotten I had posted anything there and about a couple weeks later I had a couple of inquiries. It actually turned out a lot better than I thought since I didn't really put a whole lot of time into the ad and I kinda forgot I even posted one lol

CaptainBOHICA 12-10-2007 11:51 PM

what did you do for them using excel?

csun22 12-11-2007 01:17 AM

One of them just wanted a vlookup function sheet. He ran some type golf vacation site. I guess he bartered merchandise for rounds of golf and sold the rounds of golf to his customers. He wanted an easy way to figure out how many rounds of golf he should get based on what the pro shops at the golf courses wanted and the prices he was giving them. It was pretty easy to do :)

I ended up making a profit margin spreadsheet for another eBay seller as well a while back.

Come to think of it, I should probably start posting more ads on craigslist to see if I can drum up anymore side business.......

CaptainBOHICA 12-11-2007 01:22 AM

did you take a full payment up front? i have an ebay profit margin spreadsheet i could peddle around lol...

csun22 12-11-2007 01:46 AM

I took 1/2 up front and 1/2 upon completion. I had only done it twice and both people seemed to be okay with it. I spent a few hours on mine because I'm so anal about things and then when I figured out how I wanted to do something, I either figured out a better way to do it, or I changed my mind lol. I originally started one for both eBay sales AND amazon, but it got way too complicated and I only ended up doing one for eBay. This of course was before I knew there was a free site to figure this out :P but at least the one I made looked pretty decent.

We should trade sheets :) lol

CaptainBOHICA 12-11-2007 01:48 AM

there's a free site for it? WTF lol.guess i'll have to hope that my target customers are too lazy to look up that kind of stuff too LOL.

sure, send me your email and ill shoot you what i have

csun22 12-11-2007 02:03 AM

Yeah, someone posted a thread about it on here. I already forgot the site :P lol

I'll shoot you a PM and send you what I have too :)

martyogelvie 12-12-2007 10:06 AM

Oh Captain, my Captain,
good idea. Also consider free lance web sites (getafreelancer.com) for this type of work.
I have bought services like this and also bid on projects from this site. I once wrote 600 word articles on each pro team from the NFL, NBA and MLB. I was paid close to $300 per league..