Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I can't stand hearing some of the fools who talk about Micheal Jackson like they knew him personally. Some of those phony arse entertainers who say they loved him and miss him make me sick. Was he a great entertainer.....no doubt. Did he do a lot of good deeds.....for sure. Did he screw up and do things he shouldn't had done.....most likely. In the end, there won't be anyone who quite caught the world's attention like he did, which is the reason his memorial service is on every channel. Like him or not, you can't deny a true icon was laid to rest today.
In the end though, I basically just feel for his kids because they are going to go through a whole lot of crap the rest of their lives.
totaly agree and well said

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I can't stand hearing some of the fools who talk about Micheal Jackson like they knew him personally. Some of those phony arse entertainers who say they loved him and miss him make me sick. Was he a great entertainer.....no doubt. Did he do a lot of good deeds.....for sure. Did he screw up and do things he shouldn't had done.....most likely. In the end, there won't be anyone who quite caught the world's attention like he did, which is the reason his memorial service is on every channel. Like him or not, you can't deny a true icon was laid to rest today.
In the end though, I basically just feel for his kids because they are going to go through a whole lot of crap the rest of their lives.
I saw Queen Latiah and Brooke Shields speak. They talked like Jackson was their brother. I can't say how much they hung out together, but I doubt they were "Best Friends". Were any of Jackson's friends that weren't celebs even allowed to speak?
Old 07-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
hog
Banned

What about when his little girl got up there and spoke. I wonder what Michael Jackson was thinking when he was hearing all that down in his home below the stage. I feel sorry for his kids.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
I saw Queen Latiah and Brooke Shields speak. They talked like Jackson was their brother. I can't say how much they hung out together, but I doubt they were "Best Friends". Were any of Jackson's friends that weren't celebs even allowed to speak?
i think mj dated brook shields

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #30 (permalink)

I liked when Kobe dunked over the casket.
Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #31 (permalink)

After the funeral, LaToya sent the casket to Cash4Gold and got $235.97. Thanks Cash4Gold.
Pack_The_Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #32 (permalink)

better then what they were saying before about him. Being in a glass casket and a gold horse drawn buggy and taken from l.a. to santa barbra, with a dome of the casket and a parade and all the roads shut down to make it happen.
248rayment4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #33 (permalink)
hog
Banned

PEOPLE FORGET ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON HE IS DEAD. THE PEOPLE THAT ARE CRYING OVER HIM GET A LIFE. Sorry had to get that out of my system.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_The_Ripper View Post
After the funeral, LaToya sent the casket to Cash4Gold and got $235.97. Thanks Cash4Gold.
That's just cold, but hilarious
You forgot that she got 20% more than she usually would because she beat their latest promotion's Sept. 30th deadline.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Michael Jackson died. I understand that. He was a pop icon. I understand that. Yet, it's been almost two weeks since his death and it's still a top story every day. Today's memorial service is being broadcasted on I think half of the 120 cable channels I have access to...

No disrespect, but I lost respect for the man with his "issues" late in his life, and I understand when a person dies you focus on the good in people, but it's like it never happened, and the coverage is waaaaaaaaaay too much.

I hear you man. My guess is you are younger than I and don't remember Michael Jackson when he was still Michael Jackson the world's most exciting entertainer and not Michael Jackson the freak.

Nevertheless, unless two Jewish women say his coffin is empty this is no longer news.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #36 (permalink)

I did not watch any of the Jacko coverage, but saw a short snippet on Fox News of Jacko's daughter speaking of her love for her father. Jacko messed up a lot of things in his life, but in the eyes of one little girl he was great.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Oh noes, I can't watch tv for a few hours. It's the media get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
PEOPLE FORGET ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON HE IS DEAD. THE PEOPLE THAT ARE CRYING OVER HIM GET A LIFE. Sorry had to get that out of my system.
we get it, you're edgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_The_Ripper View Post
awesome, I laughed hard at this

Last edited by fm8418; 07-07-2009 at 10:26 PM.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #38 (permalink)

a bunch of people in here don't 'remember' superstar celebrity and/or VIP funerals and processions, apparently...

Anyway, this is just the flavor of the day. The media knows you either love it or hate it. Either way, you're talking about it. If you want things like this to go away, ignore them.

Here's a dose of reality... would you rather hear about the death of a superstar, who has and will affect many art forms for the rest of time, or continue to hear the drawn out foreplay between Megan Fox and Michael Bay?:

Michael Bay filmed Megan Fox washing his Ferrari as part of her Transformers audition?!

Last edited by Nicnac; 07-08-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I did not watch any of the Jacko coverage, but saw a short snippet on Fox News of Jacko's daughter speaking of her love for her father. Jacko messed up a lot of things in his life, but in the eyes of one little girl he was great.

maybe, but in the eyes of many little boys he was not
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #40 (permalink)

He wouldn't have been doing that stuff in front of his kids anyway...