Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default When Is It Over?

Michael Jackson died. I understand that. He was a pop icon. I understand that. Yet, it's been almost two weeks since his death and it's still a top story every day. Today's memorial service is being broadcasted on I think half of the 120 cable channels I have access to...

No disrespect, but I lost respect for the man with his "issues" late in his life, and I understand when a person dies you focus on the good in people, but it's like it never happened, and the coverage is waaaaaaaaaay too much.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DieHardCowboyFan33

Finally someone feels the same way I do.Every time I say this in my house I get in trouble

I mean yes I understand he died and my blessings go out to his family but its pretty ridiculous how much they are focusing on him.
DieHardCowboyFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardCowboyFan33 View Post
Every time I say this in my house I get in trouble.
Part of me was afraid to post this because I have no idea who will read it, but seriously. There are very few "common" people who are trully "affected" by his death, and even then, I think even they're coping by now...
Old 07-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

My wife just called me to tell me how disgusted she is with the news today. Nothing is going on in the world apparently except some non convicted child abuser pop star memorial concert promotion circus of stars.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

It is on until 4 pm est.
papiis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papiis01 View Post
It is on until 4 pm est.
Then the Cable Networks will probably re-air it later tonight for people who were working, right?
Old 07-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Most likely
Old 07-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
hog
Banned

When i die people wont talk about my life like Michael Jackson. They need to get over his death. He died wow everybody dies one day I dont wish death on anybody but he brought his death on him self. Sorry about giving my thoughts that is how i feel.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

I agree we wish death on no one, but like you said, 95% of deaths in America are followed by a funeral within a few days, and people move on with their lives. People close to the deceased will always feel it, but usually not to the point where it affects their daily lives for endless amounts of time. No reason the Staples Center should be used to house 15,000 people for his memorial that only knew him as a musician they heard on the radio or saw on TV. It seerms like it's as much a concert with occassional eulogies more than anything....
Old 07-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yep zacky I 100% agree w/ God calls us when he needs us I guess God need him more than we the people on earth needed him.Plus u here those idiots SCREAMING I will miss you michael we love you those are the people that have to move on.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Agreed. I will say this though. When a person in the sports' world dies (Most recent examples for me, Nick Adenhart, Coach Ed Thomas (Parkersburg), and Steve McNair), I felt it for the first 24 hours or so, and a little longer with Coach Thomas just because he's from Iowa, but again, part of me is kidding myself because I didn't know them...just my connection with the sports' world but like you eluded to, I'm moving on, just like everyone should for Michael Jackson.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

this will NEVER be over. are you kidding me? LOL.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

but you have to relize as stupid as all this is , this man made grown men cry all over the world and women faint just like elvis, he is an icon as bad as it sounds and as a black man when a lot of stuff in the news is bad gave millions of dollars to charity's and helped and touched millions of life's and i used the word touched in good nature, yes he did do strange stuff and yes very ? activity with children, but this is all overlooked for some reason,but come on this is a huge money maker as well, the networks see it, anytme you can take a situation like this and blow it up , you know its going to be done

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course

Last edited by bigroger1980; 07-07-2009 at 04:27 PM.
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger1980 View Post
but you have to relize as stupid as all this is , this man made grown men cry all over the world and women faint just like elvis, he is an icon as bad as it sounds and as a black man when a lot of stuff in the news is bad gave millions of dollars to charity's and helped and touched millions of life's and i used the word touched in good nature, yes he did do strange stuff and yes very ? activity with children, but this is all overlooked for some reason.
It's overlooked because it would be "inappropriate" to bring that up at this point, but either way, obviously it won't be mentioned by family, but nothing on the news about his questionable choices either! At least not from what I've heard.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
hog
Banned

And it should not be over looked. That it stupid on those peoples part. Why would you let a kid that is not yours sleep with you that should not be over looked. That is wrong.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

I agree 100%
Old 07-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

When O.J. Simpson dies are they gonna focus on how great a football player he was? Doubt it...but I guess Michael Jackson gets a free pass because he was more of an ICON than O.J. Again, no disrespect for him dying, but COME ON PEOPLE! MOVE ON!
Old 07-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

i guess that with him being found not guilty and then settling out of court he never realy was by court of law found guilty, so with that and then like mentioned its to late to bring it up at something like that, on larry king a few days ago somebody put it best , did michael have the right to surround himself by children yes he did, is it odd and to expect questions yes it is, but i would have never let my children go over there , heck i wouldnt even let them spend the night with say michael jordan without me

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
Old 07-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
hog
Banned

True because when OJ dies people will be talking about the things that he did do wrong like when he killed his wife or hade a big part of he death.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

the problem is we could go through pros and cons on every superstar, actor, actress and so on this world has given us , some get recognized some dont, most all have demons or skeletons in the closet ,there is nothing we can do about it

Old 07-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #21 (permalink)

I wonder if the casket is 14,18 or 24 gold plated????

And you also know in the future. Some idiot is going to be digging that up for some cash.

I don't understand people eighter. There is a guy in the office that keeps weaping when they play his music. When I hear about this on the News about these people. Mcman,Faucett,Jackson,Mcnair. I say Wow. Think of the times I watched them on t.v. Then continued with my life. Alot of people live in a fantasy World. They think they know these people personaly. And are crushed when they die. Or have comments like "He's innocent on these charges" When truly they don't know these people at all. They only know these People thru the t.v. shows & tabloyds.
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
hog
Banned

The crazy thing is that one lady went as far as saying Michael Jackson is dead and i dont know where i am heading in my life it is killing me. Why would somebody say that.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
The crazy thing is that one lady went as far as saying Michael Jackson is dead and i dont know where i am heading in my life it is killing me. Why would somebody say that.
because this world is silly and crazy, i mean we had some scum shooting people at random in south carolina , when i saw that he had shot and killed a 15 year old girl it made me totaly sick

Old 07-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #24 (permalink)

I can't stand hearing some of the fools who talk about Micheal Jackson like they knew him personally. Some of those phony arse entertainers who say they loved him and miss him make me sick. Was he a great entertainer.....no doubt. Did he do a lot of good deeds.....for sure. Did he screw up and do things he shouldn't had done.....most likely. In the end, there won't be anyone who quite caught the world's attention like he did, which is the reason his memorial service is on every channel. Like him or not, you can't deny a true icon was laid to rest today.
In the end though, I basically just feel for his kids because they are going to go through a whole lot of crap the rest of their lives.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
hog
Banned

Yea i know but atleast they caught him and killed him right.