Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default pens-flyers

very entertaining game, even if we got absolutly screwed by the refs. Eager is a big bitch, i love how he never left the bench at the end to take his medicine. hopefully he'll be the 6th suspended, since he gave georges a flying elbow and somehow BGL gets a 4 min penalty out of it. sadly, the rock is going to be gone most likely too with his dive into biron.

finally tally, i got 98 pens PIM and 58 flyers PIM for 156 total. 4 fights. should be a great meeting in january if Cote, Eager, and Downey are all dressed. pens can dress BGL, Malone, Scary Gary, call up Elkand or little Boogey and have an old fashioned line brawl.
andrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

You'd have to be an idiot homer or FORMER PEN Ed Olzchuck, who called about the most one sided games I've ever heard from a national broadcast, to see this as just the Flyers were guilty of the dirty play in this game. The refs didn't screw the Pens. That game was over after it was 6-2. Once it was 6-2 all the crap started and the powerplays got one-sided.

Crosby (with yet another cheap, cowardly play) slew foots Biron behind the net and Eddie O says it was accidental when it was so blatantly obvious to anyone watching including Doc Emrick who even disagreed a little. Shades of last year against Philly when Crosby did the same thing at the end of a game then turtled. Laraque then takes one of the cheapest shots this side of Riley Cote's elbow against Dallas last week, to Biron. Emrick says it was cheap and stupid and all Eddie says was "I guess he was still mad about Eagers elbow earlier." As for the "elbow", I myself would have called Eager for charging because he gets a running start at Laraque. He doesn't lead with his elbow like that idiot Riley Cote did last week. I looks like his elbow went up on his follow through. Either way it was stupid on Eagers part because there was no reason for it at that point in the game. YOUR KILLING THEM 6-2 IN THE 3rd SO WHY TAKE A RUN AT A GUY ? Thats not hockey. EAGER AND COTE ARE BOTH LAME AND I'D LOVE FOR THE FLYERS TO UNLOAD THEM AND TRY GETTING BRASH BACK.

Ryan Malone and Jason Smith 20 seconds in is hockey. Drop em and go. Roberts going after Eager in defense of his teammate is hockey. Laraque breaking sticks with crosschecks on non-fighters isn't hockey. Taking cheap shots at the other teams goalie isn't hockey either. All Laraque did was make himself look stupid and probably get him some games off. Trying to pick fights with guys who don't fight isn't hockey either. Kind of funny how Whitney got jacked up by a wimp like Jeff Carter after he instigated a fight. Same with Armstrong hanging on to for dear life with Hartnell.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS

Last edited by BAMBAM; 12-11-2007 at 11:40 PM.
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

army wasn't fighting cause he busted his face badly early, remember? he was pouring blood and they said he broke some cheek bones.

i didn't say the pens had no cheap shots. sid's was incidental though i would say... and biron took the worst dive since avery's vs the rags years ago. bgl will be suspended most likely, but eager should be too. when you give a flying elbow to a guy with his back turned up 6-2, that's bullsh*t. then you hide on the bench afraid to take on BGL. he should have at least had enough honor to go out there and take his beating. that's what set the whole thing off. eager made a cheap shot, the pens get shafted on it. then, bgl challeneged about every flyer and not one would touch him. so he delivers his message against biron for trying to be a tough guy and fight sid. that's what an enforcer does. also, watch the video of it without homer glasses. if bgl wanted to, biron would still be on the ice. he just tripped him to send a message. old time hockey. hockeyfights is going nuts over the game. it's funny to sit back and watch. georges lost his cool after the eager cheapshot, which is unfortunate since he never does. but it does set up a fun meeting jan 24th i believe.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Andy - Eagers shot was cheap but it wasn't from behind like you say. He hits him in the chest not the back.
How the hell can you say Crosby didn't slew foot Biron ? He drags his foot behind and as he goes by sticks it out to catch Biron in the back of his leg and upend him. Thats a slew foot. If Biron was diving he doesn't react like he did after getting up off his back. Laraque running the goalie is not "what an enforcer does" like you say. Cross checking Andy Tolpeko and Rory Fitzpatrick in not what an enforcer does. Thats bush league. Not that the Flyers have an enforcer in the class of Laraque anyway but they Flyers only dressed Eager. Who was he challenging thats supposed to fight him at the end of the game ? Scottie Upshall, Jeff Carter and Andy Tolpeko ? Because of all the idiot cheap shots, the Flyers were on the PP for about the last 9 minutes so why was Laraque even out there ? I'm sure (or I hope) Paul Holmgren will look to acquire a better enforcer than the lame ones they currently have today. Eager and Riley Cote are lame so I'd call the Caps about Brash or the Wild about Boogey. Their playing Fedoruk more than Boogey so maybe Holmgren can give them Eager for him.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

I would have to agree, Crosby did look like he intentionally tryed to trip biron...I love how roberts kicked eager's face in
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

wild have Vorros too... i think Boogey is now expendable to them. sad to say, but true.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

that was definetly a fun game to watch ...

As far as the Crosby/Biron play I honestly thought it was a non-issue ... was it intentional , who knows ..... did Biron embellish and overreact , who knows ..... it really did'nt amount to anything IMO ....
Now as far as Laraque goes that was just plain stupid and honestly kind of weird ..... what kind of move was that ??? Skate in and then pretend to fall skate forward into the goalie ? Looked like something some peewee kid would do ...
geez if you wanta run into the goalie and everybody's gonna know just what you're doing , then run into him .... give him a good shot , run him over but what the heck was that ?? he's suppose to be this big tough guy and that's the best he can do ?

ron
hockeyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
I would have to agree, Crosby did look like he intentionally tryed to trip biron...I love how roberts kicked eager's face in
There are too many "accidental" dirty plays following this guy around. I took a look at the play on youtube, it didn't look intentional, just irresponsible. Not sure why Biron is trying to pick a fight, last time he did that Ray Emery squashed him, not sure how he'd do against Crosby.

I didn't see the whole game, just a few of the lowlights on Comcast (working late), did Malkin get into any of this mess, or did he maintain his dignity?

Last edited by frozenntimesports; 12-13-2007 at 12:15 AM.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

malkin was tossed. he jumped a guy who was tied up with letang i think.