Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Strange day fishing

I was fishing in my neighborhood pond yesterday and the fish weren't biting at all but the turtles were. I use hotdog for bait and usually let's it sit for awhile then reel it in. Well I went to reel In The 3rd cast and I felt something heavy but it didn't feel like it was swimming to I thougt it was seaweed. Well I reeled it in and saw a snapping turtle. I cut the line and casted again. Next cast same turtle. I caught that turtle 5 times that day. Later I reeled in a pole and felt something huge but it felt like a turtle. It was a turtle and it was huge!! It looked like the shell had a 3 foot diameter! I think it weighed around 50 lbs!! I was mad that I didn't catch any fish so I went to the forest near my house and tried to fish there. First cast I catch a turtle. after that I just gave up and went home.
soccerkid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

[QUOTE=soccerkid5;265551]I was fishing in my neighborhood pond yesterday and the fish weren't biting at all but the turtles were. I use hotdog for bait and usually let's it sit for awhile then reel it in. Well I went to reel In The 3rd cast and I felt something heavy but it didn't feel like it was swimming to I thougt it was seaweed. Well I reeled it in and saw a snapping turtle. I cut the line and casted again. Next cast same turtle. I caught that turtle 5 times that day. Later I reeled in a pole and felt something huge but it felt like a turtle. It was a turtle and it was huge!! It looked like the shell had a 3 foot diameter! I think it weighed around 50 lbs!! I was mad that I didn't catch any fish so I went to the forest near my house and tried to fish there. First cast I catch a turtle. after that I just gave up and went home.[/QUOTE

I woulda keep the turtles if they were small enough...
Old 07-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

sounds like the turtles like the hot dogs you were fishing with
248rayment4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

The same thing has happened to me fishing in the canal behind my gf's old house. Ive caught 3 diff types of turtles, bass, gar, snakehead, mudfish & mayan cichlid. The turtles were a pain to unhook, i got bit more times than i can count.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerkid5 View Post
I was fishing in my neighborhood pond yesterday and the fish weren't biting at all but the turtles were. I use hotdog for bait and usually let's it sit for awhile then reel it in. Well I went to reel In The 3rd cast and I felt something heavy but it didn't feel like it was swimming to I thougt it was seaweed. Well I reeled it in and saw a snapping turtle. I cut the line and casted again. Next cast same turtle. I caught that turtle 5 times that day. Later I reeled in a pole and felt something huge but it felt like a turtle. It was a turtle and it was huge!! It looked like the shell had a 3 foot diameter! I think it weighed around 50 lbs!! I was mad that I didn't catch any fish so I went to the forest near my house and tried to fish there. First cast I catch a turtle. after that I just gave up and went home.
I did not know fish also lived in the forest

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingtonmark View Post
I did not know fish also lived in the forest
yeah there was a recent show about the snakeheads can go up on land
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Meant to say forest preserve and I would have liked to keep them but even the smaller ones were pretty big. I didn't even try to take then off because try bite hard!
soccerkid5 is offline   Reply With Quote