Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #26 (permalink)

I have noticed that CNN does not seem too afraid to mention where Glenn Beck is now...FOX NEWS! They probably think he's a traitor...
Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #27 (permalink)

Oh by the way, getting back to the point, I'll be the first to admit I would've done the same thing as the President in that situation. The first round of Late Night shows start in about a half hour...we'll see if there's mention of this...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:16 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
about Glenn Becks fake crying. How he says he hates about 10 families who were directly involved in the 9/11 attacks and wish they'd shut up. Basically how he has built his career on a tragedy

The 10.31 Project | March 31st | ColbertNation.com
1. How do you identify and verify "fake" crying?

2. I know nothing about the 9/11 families and him telling them to shut up. Typically in these cases the dialogue is taken out of context in order for the biased personality to attempt to make the other look bad. It works on lefties but to most people it's shallow and lame.

3. Which tragedy did Glenn Beck build his multimillion dollar career on? I don't recall him writing any books on tragedy, nor are any of his stage shows built around a tragedy.

I've worked in the Entertainment Industry off and on for years. I've met Glenn, he's truly a caring, nice person. Colbert probably is too, and I take what Colbert says with a grain of salt since he is an entertainer/comedian and not somebody I listen to for his take on political ideology.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Colbert probably is too, and I take what Colbert says with a grain of salt since he is an entertainer/comedian and not somebody I listen to for his take on political ideology.
I'm this way with Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Kimmel, Craig Ferguson, Jon Stewart and Colbert...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:41 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheader View Post
The only place Bathtub Boy can get a job is NBC or the Huffington Post. He is a complete bufoon, at least Maddow (man or woman) is educated.
Keith Olberman is the left's version of Rush Limbaugh. Both are over the top buffoons that could probably only be tolerated if you are on the extreme left/right of your party. Both pervert and manipulate actual news stories and spend way too much time finding the faults of the "other side" than having any constructive dialogue. Unfortunately, so many regular citizens have become so blindly partisan to their own party that each have lots of followers who regurgitate their talking points every day, which does nothing to help the country.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #31 (permalink)

I actually am a conservative and am not a big fan of Limbaugh. Not just his comments at times, but for those who listen to his show, they would know that he either has a really sensitive microphone or he ruffles his papers right over the microphone all the time. THAT'S ANNOYING!!!! I also hate when he tries to do impressions of other people...that's annoying as well.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:57 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
Keith Olberman is the left's version of Rush Limbaugh. Both are over the top buffoons that could probably only be tolerated if you are on the extreme left/right of your party. Both pervert and manipulate actual news stories and spend way too much time finding the faults of the "other side" than having any constructive dialogue. Unfortunately, so many regular citizens have become so blindly partisan to their own party that each have lots of followers who regurgitate their talking points every day, which does nothing to help the country.
I disagree. They are nothing alike.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:18 AM   #33 (permalink)

This is from Olbermann's wikipedia profile:

He has feuded with rival commentator Bill O'Reilly and strongly criticized the George W. Bush administration and John McCain's unsuccessful 2008 Presidential candidacy. Although Olbermann's political views have been described as leaning to the left, he has said on at least one occasion "I'm not a liberal; I'm an American."

What a bald-faced lie Olbermann...
Old 07-10-2009, 05:02 AM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

If you seriously still believe that Glenn Beck isn't a big nutjob you might be a lil crazy. The dude is a former/still comedian who is making it as a shock tv jock now. He also was nodding his head when someone was talking about how America needed another 9/11 to get our heads out of our butt.

Also while Olbermann might be politically like Limbaugh just the opposite side, he isn't nearly as obnoxious.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #35 (permalink)

Don't look now, this is becoming a major international incident. I saw the video, not sure he wasn't looking down to control his footing.

Anyone wonder what it would have been like had the Drudge Report been around during the Clinton era? There would have been some wild pictures I'm sure.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #36 (permalink)

Nothing on the late night talk shows about it, but Conan was a tape so wouldn't be there anyway...you would think just for the purpose of a joke...guess they're afraid it'll go farther than that, and the mainstream media's not gonna touch that...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #37 (permalink)

Turns out the girl in the photo is a 16-year old from Brazil...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Turns out the girl in the photo is a 16-year old from Brazil...

ummmm, brazil this gets better and better, now i can't blame him as my ex is 100% brazilian, en fuego
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #39 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
ummmm, brazil this gets better and better, now i can't blame him as my ex is 100% brazilian, en fuego
And once again..we get a little more glimpse into why Ron uses the "ex" term But yeah, I'd look too! There isn't a day I don't look. I love my wife, and I've told her more than once, when I stop looking I'd be concerned as I've either now got a girlfriend or I've given up on women
Old 07-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I've told her more than once, when I stop looking I'd be concerned as I've either now got a girlfriend or I've given up on women
Or that should work both ways. If you can't look at decent-looking women she can't look at decent-looking men...lol.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Anyone wonder what it would have been like had the Drudge Report been around during the Clinton era? There would have been some wild pictures I'm sure.
Uh.. It was. IN fact, it was Drudge that blew open the whole Monica Lewinsky scandal.

Olberman isn't just obnoxious, he's ill informed and angry.. Probably about his hair.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #42 (permalink)

You think his political views are why he got booted out of ESPN?
Old 07-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #43 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Bingo. Now granted I don't try and galk to bad, but my wife can look to. I'll never have ripped abs (never had them in high school either...one girlfriend nicknamed me pudge for a reason. I'm not 21 anymore and I know that. But I betcha my paycheck goes alot further than mine did 10 years ago though.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #44 (permalink)

Nevermind, guess it was some comments he made about the network on another show...
Old 07-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #45 (permalink)

I listen to Limbaugh for comedy value every once in a while. He was talking about Franken last week and kept telling the Dem to come back when he's better prepared like him. Limbaughs research was books written about Franken and websites. I just laughed that he sited he internet as being well informed.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
I listen to Limbaugh for comedy value every once in a while. He was talking about Franken last week and kept telling the Dem to come back when he's better prepared like him. Limbaughs research was books written about Franken and websites. I just laughed that he sited he internet as being well informed.
I never listen to Limbaugh. I find him above average on common sense and funny, but rarely listen to him.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I never listen to Limbaugh. I find him above average on common sense and funny, but rarely listen to him.
I just listen every once in awhile to make sure the world is still right and he's still a crazy pillhead. He never lets anyone talk.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #48 (permalink)

At least Sean Hannity takes phone calls and interviews people...I don't think Limbaugh takes more than a couple interviews/calls per three-hour show.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
At least Sean Hannity takes phone calls and interviews people...I don't think Limbaugh takes more than a couple interviews/calls per three-hour show.
And their either people from his side bashing the opposition or its the opposition and he never lets them talk and belittles them.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
I just listen every once in awhile to make sure the world is still right and he's still a crazy pillhead. He never lets anyone talk.
Rush never had in studio guests? Who is this mystery person he never lets talk? If you mean callers, then you obviously do not listen enough to know he lets everyone speak their mind, he even puts liberals at the head of the phone queue to spew forth their lunacy.