Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 02:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Carlos Boozer to Chicago???

No freakin' way! Still just talks, but this would be an acquisition eerily similar to the Bears finally getting a top-talent QB (Jay Cutler) earlier this year. The Bulls have been looking for a strong post presence since trading Elton Brand years ago, and Boozer is just that. All they would give up is Kirk Hinrich and maybe Tim Thomas (Which clears cap space) to the Blazers, and Tyrus Thomas to the Jazz. The Bulls also get Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake in the trade as well. Clearing Hinrich's salary leaves a clear void to possibly lure Chicago-native Dwyane Wade to the wear the Red and Black in 2010...

NBA free agents: Sources: Deal to send Carlos Boozer to the Chicago Bulls in works - ESPN
Old 07-10-2009, 03:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

I dont want Blake to go but, you guys can have T-Law
Old 07-10-2009, 03:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

I saw this report too, so I don't doubt its authenticity... but why would the Jazz want Hinrich and the $26 million left on his contract when they already have Deron Williams locked up through at least 2011-12 on a max deal? Hinrich and Sloan seem like a match made in heaven, but thats quite a bit of salary at 1 position.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hinrich goes to the Blazers, Tyrus Thomas to the Jazz...
Old 07-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

I would say the Jazz Loose On The deal a little bit, pretty much trading Carlos Boozer for Tyrus Thomas, and by doing that I would say they are not even a playoff team anymore.

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
washingtonmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingtonmark View Post
I would say the Jazz Loose On The deal a little bit, pretty much trading Carlos Boozer for Tyrus Thomas, and by doing that I would say they are not even a playoff team anymore.
Boozer has 1 year left on his contract, he's leaving utah after that
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo675675 View Post
I dont want Blake to go but, you guys can have T-Law
blake is inefficeint and is just nothing more than a role player! travis outlaw is a huge spark of the bench and the blazers still need him to develop to a better player before he can be traded for another "good" player. honestly i think the blazers should keep outlaw and boot blake! do you know how many games blake has costed the teams he has played on? forget it...

"Thank the Lord for that burning bush, that big body Benz I was born to push..." - Just What IAm
nuggetsman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

I think if this is true the Bulls should take it and run. They're clearing a boatload of salary with Hinrich for Outlaw and Blake, and essentially swapping an inconsistent Tyrus Thomas for Carlos Boozer. Questions remain whether they could sign Boozer to an extension with money to spare on the big guns in 2010, but I have a feeling they know what they're doing...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsman28 View Post
blake is inefficeint and is just nothing more than a role player! travis outlaw is a huge spark of the bench and the blazers still need him to develop to a better player before he can be traded for another "good" player. honestly i think the blazers should keep outlaw and boot blake! do you know how many games blake has costed the teams he has played on? forget it...
Do you ever watch Blazer games? Travis Outlaw has been in the NBA for 6 years, how much time do you give a player to "DEVELOP"?? His basketball IQ is that of a 12 year old! He just does not get it and you can ask any and I do mean any Blazer fan... He does not play D,does not rebound and is always out of position.I can go on and on about this guy, Portland has wasted enough time with this cat, he is what he is going to be. Now Blake on the other hand may not be flashy but I respect his loyalty more then anything and if it ment we getting rid of Travis too... I would be all for it!

And just FYI we could have traded Travis and one other player a few years ago for Devin Harris but the owner vetoed that trade
Just like he vetoed a trade that would have got us Paul Pierce for Darius Miles because the ower was infatuated with him also.......
Old 07-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Bulls.com's Sam Smith says a rumored three-team trade involving Carlos Boozer to the Bulls, (along with Kirk Hinrich to Porltand and Tyrus Thomas to the Jazz) was never even discussed, and went so far as to suggest the Blazers were throwing false information around after losing out on Hedo Turkoglu.

"There’s a theory going around that the Trailblazers have been putting out the false leaks (you’ll notice they make out well in all the scenarios without much detail of what they give up) because of pressure they’ve been getting in Portland over losing out on Hedo Turkoglu after they said they would sign him," Smith writes. While there's still a decent chance Carlos Boozer gets traded, it doesn't sound like it will be to the Bulls.
Source: Bulls.com
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thats the first time I heard that but i wouldnt doubt it. But if this was true then the Bulls would be getting three for two. And also why would the Blazers make this up when we could trade straight up Blake&Outlaw for Hinrich?
Old 07-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

Getting Outlaw and Blake for Hinrich won't do this for me...I want Boozer! Maybe I take ESPN's Marc Stein's reports too seriously. Then again, he did emphasize that nothing was imminent...GOSH I HATE RUMORS! (Remember the Jay Cutler trade came out of nowhere so maybe this is fake...)
Old 07-11-2009, 05:29 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

My views might be a little warped since I am a Bulls fan but I dont wanna see Hinrich leave, I mean we already lost Gordon. Now they signed Pargo to try to replace Hinrich....seems like a big downgrade to me.

So does that mean Salmons is the 2 guard? The guy shoots almost everytime he touches the ball, I dont want him as a starter!

Tyrus they can have, I always thought he was overrated anyway. He was one of those guys that always would be in on an awesome dunk or alley oop or something and then turn around and do 10 dumb things in a row.

So I guess the Bulls starting lineup will be

Rose
Salmons
Deng
Boozer
Noah

bench players will be

Pargo
2 rookies

and looking at the roster on their website I dont see even 1 more player that will take the last 4 roster spots.

I would feel alot better about the team if they had a dominant Center and a SG better than Salmons. Maybe they can take a chance on Mcgrady.
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote