Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risquť images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #26 (permalink)

How often did they mention/show the Osborns in the movie?
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
How often did they mention/show the Osborns in the movie?
By my recollection, only a handful of times really and they all had to do with Norman's impending death.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #28 (permalink)

i thought it was realy well done . but like others have said , was it neccasary ? it's almost the same movie . some key moments were changed up a bit like how he got bitten and how uncle ben was killed . also they focus a bit on peters parents . has that topic even been covered in the books ? was peters father realy involved working in science in the marvel books ?

so it was almost the same movie . except you had a different villain and girlfriend . it was grittier for sure .

but yeah nothing beats the first spiderman . that movie was perfect .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #29 (permalink)

I don't think I'm going to see this. So they want to start over again because Tobey doesn't want to be spidey anymore. The movies were blockbusters, no need to do it again. Do it right the first time and move on.
n1nesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #30 (permalink)

Definitely would be nice if they had the Chameleon be the villain.
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

I just saw it and really, really enjoyed it. I thought it would've been awesome if the guy who killed Uncle Ben was revealed to Cletus Kasady in the post-credits scene.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #32 (permalink)

Saw it yesterday "All that and a Bag of Chips" totally enjoyed it
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nesports View Post
I don't think I'm going to see this. So they want to start over again because Tobey doesn't want to be spidey anymore. The movies were blockbusters, no need to do it again. Do it right the first time and move on.
not trying to single you out...but..you might want to get your facts straight.

It had nothing to do with Maguire..Sam Raimi was the one that pulled out of Spiderman 4.

-Sony Pictures announced in January 2010 that plans for Spider-Man 4 had been cancelled due to Raimi's withdrawal from the project. Raimi reportedly ended his participation due to his doubt that he could meet the planned May 6, 2011 release date while at the same time upholding the film creatively. Raimi purportedly went through four iterations of the script with different screenwriters and still "hated it".-

And..i also wouldnt quite call Spiderman 3 a blockbuster.

It might have made more $$, but depends on if you want to count "box office ticket price" inflation over the 4 years since SPiderman 2 was released.

It was also panned by critics and fans alike.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
SPOILER ALERT

The Amazing Spider-Man midnight premiere was last night and if you went, you saw the post-credits scene already. If you havenít, SPOILERS.
So what do you think about about the hint of a new villain?
UPDATE:
Rhys Ifans has confirmed through an interview that the person in the cell with him is not Norman Osborn.
Okay, what do you think about that ending?
Ifans: Well, Connors is basically locked up in a very high-security mental institution.
We were debating whether it was a prison or a mental institute.
Ifans: Itís not a zoo. [laughs] I kept seeing it as maybe a mixture of both. Then a representative from OsCorp appears miraculously in the room. How he gets in there and how he leaves, we donít know. Maybe we will find out. But itís not Norman Osborn.
Itís not? You can say that?
Ifans: Yeah. But it is someone who is in the employ of Norman Osborn without question.
Someone weíre familiar with, who we donít know is employed by Osborn?
Ifans: Yeah. Who knows? Maybe he will be the next bad guy; weíll see.
So what do we think now? Knowing that it isnít Norman and that itís someone associated with OsCorp, that certainly narrows it down a bit more.
They could do HobGoblin. I wouldn't mind Carnage either, but for Carnage they would probably have to do another movie about Venom, which if done right wouldn't be bad
Old 07-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
not trying to single you out...but..you might want to get your facts straight.

It had nothing to do with Maguire..Sam Raimi was the one that pulled out of Spiderman 4.

-Sony Pictures announced in January 2010 that plans for Spider-Man 4 had been cancelled due to Raimi's withdrawal from the project. Raimi reportedly ended his participation due to his doubt that he could meet the planned May 6, 2011 release date while at the same time upholding the film creatively. Raimi purportedly went through four iterations of the script with different screenwriters and still "hated it".-

And..i also wouldnt quite call Spiderman 3 a blockbuster.

It might have made more $$, but depends on if you want to count "box office ticket price" inflation over the 4 years since SPiderman 2 was released.

It was also panned by critics and fans alike.
what he said. Also, Im pretty sure that Sony has to do something with the Spiderman name every few years or the rights revert back to Marvel. I know for fact that Fantastic Four was like that, there was even a million dollar movie made just to keep the rights, it was never commercially released lol.
hreed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #36 (permalink)

Saw it Saturday morning with my 6 year old daughter. I gave her a choice between Brave and Spiderman and thankfully she chose Spidey.

I was blown away at how fantastic it was. I have always considered Iron Man to be the best superhero movie made but this comes ever so close to it.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #37 (permalink)

I really liked TASM. Garfield was quite decent as SM and I adored Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy.
I don't mind that it's a reboot, after the god awful SM3 I couldn't imagine them continuing that series, not to mention the leads were starting to get a bit old for the parts. Sure, there are quite a few parallels to SM1, but as it's an origin story that's kind of expected, but it sets up the sequels to diverge from the original trilogy. The Gwen Stacy arc alone will be vastly different, she's no screaming damsel in distress, and her ultimate demise should be an amazing storyline, but I suppose that would make having Green Goblin as a villain a necessity, probably in the 3rd film, or possibly near the end of the 2nd.
There will be 2 more SM movies, SONY already announced that, including a May 2014 release for the 2nd.

As for the villain in the next movie, I'm fairly certain it will be...

Electro
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #38 (permalink)

I think that had to do a reboot because the first 3 movies were geared towards children's. The feel of the new spiderman movie fits in with Marvels current superheros movies. And if Spidey is going to be in the next avengers movie, they had to do a reboot. I can't see tobey spiderman as a fit, but the garfield spiderman fits nicely with the the avengers.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #39 (permalink)

My son and I saw it last week....meh. It was good, but not worth doing over again this soon without something more fantastic than the film we watched. Way too long without much better content than the last one.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote