Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 03:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default SPIDERMAN!

AWESOME !!!
LOT of close parallels to the comic run, if you ever read it.
Was really a joy. The kid who plays parker,stellar job. So much more...vibrant and character drive than Toby was.

If you go see it, wait for the credits !
As is typical,super secret info there :P

No spoilers,don't want to ruin it,but well worth the...sheesh......damn that was expensive to take all 5 kids,wife and neighbor kid....damn 9.00 popcorns.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

It was a good movie. It cost me $16.00 to see it in 3-D
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

I was elated way back in the days of yore, circa 2002, when the Tobey Maguire driven franchise was cast. I thought Tobey did a fine job. He had the awkward yet somewhat cocky persona that Peter Parker had in the comics.

When it was announced that there would be a reboot of the entire franchise I was hesitant to give it a try.However, I will admit that Garfield looks to have been cast well in the lead, as well as the fact that the perky undeniably cute Emma Stone is in the film. All systems go for me; I am going to go see it soon.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

The wife and I were discussing and I told her I don't want to see another origin movie for this character. We know where gdamn spidey came from and why...

A pity they couldn't just tell a story without another reboot... Next up superman reboot in 2013
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

I saw it last night. Won free tickets to see it in Imax 3D But I thought it was very good. It is alot grittier and more raw than the originals but this one was 1000% better than the Toby Maguire ones.
Eagles, Phillies, Chase Utley, and Anything that Catches my Eye!!
RIP Harry Kalas you will be missed
cl204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Just saw it with two of my kids. I'd put it after Spiderman 2 and Spiderman 1. I usually don't start fidgeting in my seat, but it got to a point where I was thinking to myself "when is this going to end?" Also seemed to have some plot jumps where it appeared they cut out a scene or two inbetween (bad guy showing up at school with Peter by his locker).
Old 07-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Saw it, liked it. I enjoyed the Gwen character much more the MJ character from the Toby series. Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben = Winning
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

this movie followed the comic arc a bit better, but I very much disliked the actor they chose for parker. Tobey was a much better peter parker. He just pulled off "nerd" much better than Andrew Garfield.

this one may have been grittier, but not by much. It took far too long to get moving. And they totally didn't finish the "revenge for Ben" plot...

Sheen as Uncle Ben was a nice choice though. idk, I think Raimi did it right.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

When's the sequel hinted from the post-credits coming?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
When's the sequel hinted from the post-credits coming?
Options if they are trying to do 1-99 in 2-3 movies IMO

Norman Osborne
Maxwell Dillon
Quentin Beck
Wilson Fisk...albeit a bit skinny for him
Michael Morbius...would be a nice surprise, might get Twilight fans :P

As long as it isn't Doc Oc, I am ok with it
Old 07-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

how are you going to not do Doc Oc if they're trying to follow the comics?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
how are you going to not do Doc Oc if they're trying to follow the comics?
Because it was done already
Goblin was done as well,but poorly IMO and easy to make better.
No one wants to watch a re-run,would be why they went with gwen and Lizard and the new spin on the spider bite.
So I think Doc is out and Goblin may be out as well but Electro and Mysterio....well,definitely an In option
Old 07-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #13 (permalink)

Do you guys think the apartment/townhome that Uncle Ben/Aunt May lived in (#36) was an homage to Amazing Spider-Man #36...the 9/11 (WTC) black cover? Just something to think about...
Old 07-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Oh, I didn't stay after the credits. Whoops. To youtube!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

I've known a lot of stuff about spiderman from a cartoon I use to watch, but every movie reboot seems to do it differently. In the cartoon his parents were double-agent US/Russian spies. And that linked to Captain America, Shield, and the red skull.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Once you get past the point that the movie should never have happened it was a decent film.

Should not have been made at all. We just saw pretty much the exact same movie 10 years ago. At least with the Batman films Christopher Nolan really rebooted the franchise in a new, original way. This is just the exact same story as last time, except with "The Lizard", a pathetic excuse for a villain.

The movie itself was decent, but it should never have been made.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

Awesome movie

During the credits the scene is getting mixed reviews

Some people are saying its one thing and others saying another. Is it someone we have already seen in previous films or is it a villain that we haven't seen yet

People are talking about the lighting and quickness of the person involve and are saying its not Norman...

Sorry trying to keep it as spoiler free as possible hahaha
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Once you get past the point that the movie should never have happened it was a decent film.

Should not have been made at all. We just saw pretty much the exact same movie 10 years ago. At least with the Batman films Christopher Nolan really rebooted the franchise in a new, original way. This is just the exact same story as last time, except with "The Lizard", a pathetic excuse for a villain.

The movie itself was decent, but it should never have been made.
Seemed batman was the same to me, better weapons, more high-tech, same overall story as the loop.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

Semi-spoiler alert:----------

Just read about Gwen Stacy's history and the bridge stuff. These are the times I wish I read comic books.
Also, in the cartoon I use to watch his parents were double-spies (Russian on US, but US on Russia) and investigated the red skull and so on and so forth, and that fit in with Electro (was red skull's son), and Captain America.

Last edited by xbignick; 07-05-2012 at 12:18 AM.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:20 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Semi-spoiler alert:----------

Just read about Gwen Stacy's history and the bridge stuff. These are the times I wish I read comic books.
Also, in the cartoon I use to watch his parents were double-spies (Russian on US, but US on Russia) and investigated the red skull and so on and so forth, and that fit in with Electro (was red skull's son), and Captain America.
Yeah since they made it between those 2 they are going to probably go the route of the comics.....does anyone know how many movies they signed on for?
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #21 (permalink)

Saw it today and thought it was great. My wife said she preferred it to the Toby movies. I'm on the fence about that.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:21 AM   #22 (permalink)

i agree with the "if you can get past the 'it shouldn't have been made' zone" comment. enjoyable movie if you can get over that and the fact that the movie is uber slow developing at times.

still prefer toby.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:37 AM   #23 (permalink)

I think it is undetermined myself
The image of Norman osborn is shadowed so you cannot see him on the side of the building. I would assume it is because he is not cast yet
Old 07-05-2012, 04:31 AM   #24 (permalink)

SPOILER ALERT
Yeah, I think the end implies the Green Goblin, be it that it's him, or it's the lizard simply talking to himself (like a side-effect, talked to himself all movie). Then there's that Osborn was dieing the whole movie. He was never cured in anyway. What, are they going to drag on for another movie that he's dieing? Not happening, unless they simply introduce him and his son in the next with the actually movie revolving around another villain (Morphius, Electro, Mysterio.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #25 (permalink)

SPOILER ALERT

The Amazing Spider-Man midnight premiere was last night and if you went, you saw the post-credits scene already. If you haven’t, SPOILERS.
So what do you think about about the hint of a new villain?
UPDATE:
Rhys Ifans has confirmed through an interview that the person in the cell with him is not Norman Osborn.
Okay, what do you think about that ending?
Ifans: Well, Connors is basically locked up in a very high-security mental institution.
We were debating whether it was a prison or a mental institute.
Ifans: It’s not a zoo. [laughs] I kept seeing it as maybe a mixture of both. Then a representative from OsCorp appears miraculously in the room. How he gets in there and how he leaves, we don’t know. Maybe we will find out. But it’s not Norman Osborn.
It’s not? You can say that?
Ifans: Yeah. But it is someone who is in the employ of Norman Osborn without question.
Someone we’re familiar with, who we don’t know is employed by Osborn?
Ifans: Yeah. Who knows? Maybe he will be the next bad guy; we’ll see.
So what do we think now? Knowing that it isn’t Norman and that it’s someone associated with OsCorp, that certainly narrows it down a bit more.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote