Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
But isnt this how most of them get outted? Look at baseball. It took 1 to fall and from there it was a domino affect as players come clean and blurp out everyone else they know that are cheating.

This is a prime example of how 1 got caught and he fessed up everyone that also does it. I think this process is good. Just goes to show you how certain individuals get away with it while others are made out to be scapegoats!!
Yeah, but there is also the physical failed test component. These guys are all saying Armstrong cheated, but there is no actual test to prove that it's true.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7290morint View Post
Yeah, but there is also the physical failed test component. These guys are all saying Armstrong cheated, but there is no actual test to prove that it's true.
I think most of that got mixed up with his testing and non testing while having transfusions and whatever else he was doing. Im just saying that this was the perfect recipe for anyone looking to cheat the system.

The guy has cancer, needs treatment that would definately sway testing. The excuse of cancer is used to difuse any thought of cheating. The feel good story protect him from being accused and honestly, its almost like having a free pass at doing what it takes to win.

You think all these other riders are coming out of the woodworks for no reason aside from envy? I highly doubt it. That woman that was taped on a phone call discussing shady things Lance was upto? It cant all be coincidence. I think there is more than a reasonable doubt that he cheated his way to 7 wins. What has to be done about it? I dont know. All I know is it should be fair and equal. Landis was torn to shreds, why shouldnt Lance if he did it?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
I am quite sure he has passed much more than A test, he has likely been tested more than any human in history.
these athletes are not stupid . there are ways to beat the test . they do get caught sometimes. for example , when a mma fighter tests positive for the first time ......... do you realy beleive that it was his first time using ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
truth. there is still some level of skill involved.

barry bonds still had to have some level of skill to hit the ball.

boxers still have to be able to land punches AND avoid getting knocked out.

cyclists.. not sure what their skill would be but im sure they still need it even if they are doped up.
im probably one of the few that will acknowledge that bonds has the record . so he took steroids ? im sure he did . but didnt alot of other players take them too ? did they do what he did ? nope
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
truth. there is still some level of skill involved.

barry bonds still had to have some level of skill to hit the ball.

boxers still have to be able to land punches AND avoid getting knocked out.

cyclists.. not sure what their skill would be but im sure they still need it even if they are doped up.
Sure there are some skills associated with cycling, but I'd think that blood doping in an endurance sport has a far greater advantage than 'roiding in baseball.

In the case of Bonds, steroids would ostensibly enable him to hit a baseball marginally farther each time he makes contact, but he still needs the hand-eye coordination to make solid contact to begin with. I'd assume that being a big-league hitter for 15 years helps a little bit too.

Doesn't cycling really boil down to who can peddle harder and faster the longest? Blood dopers boost the number of red blood cells they have prior to their events, improving their aerobic capacity so they can peddle harder and faster for a longer time.

I don't want to take anything away from pro cyclists, because like someone else mentioned, they still have to work their butts off to get where they are. I've dabbled in triathlons and you are definitely talking about grueling stuff when it comes to biking long distances. But those who've played baseball know that making solid contact in hitting is one of the hardest things to do in sports -- and that's only half the battle if you're trying to send one over the fence!

When you train rigorously for long distances and practice blood doping, you are enriching your body in such a way that any skills a "normal" competitor are practically negligible because they will always need oxygen more than you do. That can't be said for baseball or boxing, where coordination and finesse are just as important as brute strength.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
these athletes are not stupid . there are ways to beat the test . they do get caught sometimes. for example , when a mma fighter tests positive for the first time ......... do you realy beleive that it was his first time using ?
There may be ways to beat the tests, but not 500+ times. There has to be a point when people just stop trying to lynch every successful athlete. It is getting so ridiculous now. The fact is you cannot take a pill or a shot to hit a baseball, sorry but it just does not work that way. The thing I find the funniest are the comments on Barry's massive forehead, has anybody seen Lebron's forehead lately? How about Favre, does he belong in the HOF?

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

He might have been tested a million times but ironically all the failed test had to be thrown out because they never met strict standards. I find that comical.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
But you would still hit the Hiltons.
Maybe Nicole.....Paris is disgusting!

Anyways, I feel bad for Lance, such an inspirational story, but I think there is a good chance he probably used PEDs.