Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Dude.... A Knight's Tale was mentioned as a loved movie in his household...
Blinders baby.

You cannot have a POV,see it getting out of control on the rebut, try to bring someone off the ledge and derail what is going into apparent ass-loving zealotry and not run into the nozzle factor

Quote:
because if you knew anything about the comics, he actually resembled the Joker from the earlier years.
What do you call earlier years ?
I mean, you are running in circles now and your comment there makes me think you mean late 1980 and up

The Joker to me is the following, which WAS the earlier years and ledger failed miserably if this was the character you think he was trying to capture

Even though modernized and HORRIBLY acted out, Jack Nicholson's Joker was more in line with the actual charter, per- Dash for a new audience revamping by DC You are speaking about the goth/Dark side of DC that started to appear in 1986 and seems to be where it is today....earlier years hehe
Old 07-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #27 (permalink)

Got tickets for IMAX Sunday morning. Been making myself sick all day pondering whether to see it tonight in standard at midnight. There is a 3:30 am IMAX showing but all the good seats are taken and I don't feel like cranking my neck and possibly not enjoying he movie as a result. Too bad there aren't any 3:30 standard showings, I'd go to sleep now, wake up around 2, slam a few beers, have the wife drive us, and by the time it's over t 6:15 go to work.

I just HATE not seeing it the day of release. A buddy of mine is going at midnight and he's going to be itching to spoil it for me.
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Blinders baby.

You cannot have a POV,see it getting out of control on the rebut, try to bring someone off the ledge and derail what is going into apparent ass-loving zealotry and not run into the nozzle factor

What do you call earlier years ?
I mean, you are running in circles now and your comment there makes me think you mean late 1980 and up

The Joker to me is the following, which WAS the earlier years and ledger failed miserably if this was the character you think he was trying to capture

Even though modernized and HORRIBLY acted out, Jack Nicholson's Joker was more in line with the actual charter, per- Dash for a new audience revamping by DC You are speaking about the goth/Dark side of DC that started to appear in 1986 and seems to be where it is today....earlier years hehe
Some might say you have the perfect moniker.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Blinders baby.

I would respond but I have no idea what ANY of this means...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #30 (permalink)

Today I bought tickets for IMAX for the first show tomorrow morning.
matt6822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
He wasn't a musician...his work will not go on forever.
As a Cinema Studies Major in college (along with a psych major that proved much more useful haha), I STRONGLY disagree that work does not go on forever. I definitely think people will be talking about Ledger's Joker 60 years in the future. Jury is out on whether we'll be talking about Bane as well - I hope to see Dark Knight Rises this weekend!

And one of my fiance's favorite movies is A Knight's Tale as well. Weird.
My Sportlots: http://tinyurl.com/m77weuc
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #32 (permalink)

We opted to avoid the 3am bed time, going to see it noon tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
We opted to avoid the 3am bed time, going to see it noon tomorrow.
I wish i could go see it at noon tomorrow! Hoping to talk my wife into seeing it next weekend while we are at Myrtle Beach (they have a nice huge theater)
Old 07-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
he wasn't a musician...his work will not go on forever.
Yep, no one ever talks about Cary Grant or Marlon Brando or Steve McQueen. Oh wait, I just did.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Yep, no one ever talks about Cary Grant or Marlon Brando or Steve McQueen. Oh wait, I just did.
Someone is bored and took a piss poor stab.
Really expect a bit more of an intelligent approach from you Tyler,then again....
Old 07-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #36 (permalink)

Meh, hour in and that one guy died. Nothing special. YAWN

lol

Last edited by csmtampa; 07-20-2012 at 01:02 AM.
csmtampa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Someone is bored and took a piss poor stab.
Really expect a bit more of an intelligent approach from you Tyler,then again....
so let me get this straight...

You just basically took a stab at Ledger as he "disappointed you" as a person and an actor. Mocked his personal health issues caused by getting in form to play the Joker character...and label him with the rest of the "addicts/abusers".

The further it by saying nobody will talk about his work?

And you expect people to respect your view or view you as intelligent?

Whitney Houston was a crackhead looking to get high. She shouldnt be anywhere near comparison to Ledger.

Ledger legit couldnt sleep at night (as was posted) or here if you still dont "understand":

In their New York Times interview, published on 4 November 2007, Ledger told Sarah Lyall that his recently completed roles in I'm Not There (2007) and The Dark Knight (2008) had taken a toll on his ability to sleep: "Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night. ... I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going."[31] At that time, he told Lyall that he had taken two Ambien pills, after taking just one had not sufficed, and those left him in "a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing."[31]

Prior to his return to New York from his last film assignment, in London, in January 2008, while he was apparently suffering from some kind of respiratory illness, he reportedly complained to his co-star Christopher Plummer that he was continuing to have difficulty sleeping and taking pills to help with that problem: "Confirming earlier reports that Ledger hadn't been feeling well on set, Plummer says, 'we all caught colds because we were shooting outside on horrible, damp nights. But Heath's went on and I don't think he dealt with it immediately with the antibiotics.... I think what he did have was the walking pneumonia.' [...] On top of that, 'He was saying all the time, 'dammit, I can't sleep'... and he was taking all these pills to help him.' "[78]

In talking with Interview magazine after his death Ledger's former fiancée Michelle Williams also confirmed reports the actor had experienced trouble sleeping. "For as long as I'd known him, he had bouts with insomnia. He had too much energy. His mind was turning, turning turning – always turning.

Im not saying drugs are the way to go about handling issues...but to try and portray him as just some "junkie" lookin to get a fix is ridiculous.

Yet you want us to take your POV seriously?

cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #38 (permalink)

And i didnt even want to take a stab on your asinine Brad Pitt, or Eric "most boring Hulk ever" Bana could play a better Joker...

cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:33 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post

Yet you want us to take your POV seriously?

You guys NEVER fail to deliver and I love you all for it

Old 07-20-2012, 04:19 AM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to thepistonsfan

Amazing movie, somewhat predictable but amazing. Really hate that Nolan won't be doing anymore though. Whoever does the next one, and yes there will be another one, truly has his work cut out for him. Gonna be REALLY hard to top this one.
ALWAYS COLLECTING: SAMMY BAUGH, ROBERT GRIFFIN III, Art Monk, John Riggins, Charley Taylor, Rocky McIntosh, Nicklas Backstrom, Rod Langway, Jordan Zimmermann, AJ Cole, Anthony Rendon, Brian Goodwin & Isiah Thomas.
thepistonsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepistonsfan View Post
Amazing movie, somewhat predictable but amazing. Really hate that Nolan won't be doing anymore though. Whoever does the next one, and yes there will be another one, truly has his work cut out for him. Gonna be REALLY hard to top this one.
One of those tabloid shows interviewed Bale and while they said this was the last one, he said if Nolan came back in a few years with an idea that worked, he would be all for doing another one.
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
One of those tabloid shows interviewed Bale and while they said this was the last one, he said if Nolan came back in a few years with an idea that worked, he would be all for doing another one.
If that happened.... Man oh man.
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #43 (permalink)

I may not have a dog in this fight, but I'm sorry Heath Ledger's performance for was the best acting performance I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFETIME. Simply because all of his other movies he was never playing a character even close to how dark and twisted the Joker was. Every time I watch the Dark Knight I still don't even believe it's Heath.

"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
ajlaxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #44 (permalink)

Saw it at midnight last night. Here is my vague, early review with my best attempt at not ruining anything:

A good story, though rushed due too what felt like too much going on. Predictable at times, but had some decent action and a twist here and there. Ultimately, the ending made up for any flaws and really did a SUPERB job of closing the movie, and the series.

Also, the previews show what Nolan has been working on for next summer. Should be interesting....
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #45 (permalink)

I hope no one here was involved in that shooting lastnight.

Mass shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Colo.; At least 12 dead, dozens more wounded - CBS News
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Seconded. I wish nobody was involved in the shooting, i.e. that it had never happened. Condolences to all those involved and their families.
My Sportlots: http://tinyurl.com/m77weuc
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #47 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I watched the first Batman at the movie theater. Also, the first VHS I ever purchased back in 1989. I bought it for my sister's birthday present.

Haven't seen any of the movies since then. I did enjoy Adam West as Batman in the 60s.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #48 (permalink)

Saw all three right in a row at the imax last night. Dark Knight Rises did not disappoint. Definitely my favorite of the three. I will be the first to admit that I am not hard to please for movies so take that for what it's worth.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #49 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to thepistonsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by u_want_my_cards View Post
If that happened.... Man oh man.

Giggity...
ALWAYS COLLECTING: SAMMY BAUGH, ROBERT GRIFFIN III, Art Monk, John Riggins, Charley Taylor, Rocky McIntosh, Nicklas Backstrom, Rod Langway, Jordan Zimmermann, AJ Cole, Anthony Rendon, Brian Goodwin & Isiah Thomas.
thepistonsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #50 (permalink)

I was terribly disappointed.