Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up The Dark Knight Rises

Not gonna ask who's gonna see it this weekend as I expect it to blow away the competition at the box office. But what expectations do you guys have for this flick? Can it possibly top the last movie? I've heard nothing but positive reviews from the advance screenings and while I don't expect there to be another performance like Heath Ledger's Joker, I do expect this film to be outstanding.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

I expect this to be nothing less than the greatest movie Ive ever seen. As for your Joker statement thats what Ive been thinking since the first time I saw the dark knight but it seems like the dude who plays Bane effing nailed it. Supposed to be pretty comparable to Heath Ledger performance wise
Old 07-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Tom Hardy is a far superior actor to Ledger.

Bane is far worse than the Joker from a comic book side. I would be like comparing the school Bully to Adolf Hitler. I am fairly sure Tom hardy will pull it off nicely,the guy can act very well.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

If this movie isn't fan-***-tastic I will be extremely dissapointed, but by the looks of it it will be the best movie in a long, long time.

As for the Joker/Bane comparisons, they are completely different roles, but it looks like whoever played Bane blew away all competition. A flawless performance is what I've heard. I sure hope so.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nolan has yet to disappoint me yet, and I don't expect him to do so with The Dark Knight Rises. I don't think it can possibly top the last movie, but if it is on the same level of awesomeness, then I will be thrilled.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Edit:double post. Sorry gents!

Last edited by GoJays; 07-18-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Double Post
GoJays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Cant wait to see it! Hopefully I can experience it in IMAX!
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=270+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
If this movie isn't fan-***-tastic I will be extremely dissapointed, but by the looks of it it will be the best movie in a long, long time.

As for the Joker/Bane comparisons, they are completely different roles, but it looks like whoever played Bane blew away all competition. A flawless performance is what I've heard. I sure hope so.
I think you have the same knowldge the OP has

Has no idea who Tom Hardy is, but sure enough if you IMDB him you will go " OH! That GUy. he was good in XXXXXXXX"

I am telling you, after watching the Artsy Fartsy side of him with I am Charlie Bronson to the Renaissance side, Wuthering Heights.....and if you saw WARRIOR and did NOT find it the only real GUY flick that almost made you want to cry(ok,#@#@#@#@, I teared up,lets drop it)...then you have no concept of how to enjoy a movie or those performing in it

Oh man the list goes on and on
1st time I saw Tom Hardy was in Star Trek Nemesis as the Clone of Piccard
Saw Black hawk down on DVD a year later and he was in there, minor roll, but enough to remember
Saw him in a smattering of flicks.
In Rock n Rolla....hansom bob lol...him and Gerard Butler in the " Ok, your gay and going to prison, Im your best friend ,I will give it up" oh #@#@#@#@ it was so damn funny. They strung him along and Butler was having fits...you have to see this movie.

And if you havent had the chance to see a REAL mesh of CHICK FLICK meets GUY FLICK...Go Rent This Means war.

I can;t tell you enough how I think he is right for ANY ROLE and comparing him as an actor to Heath Ledger is laughable
Old 07-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

oh belive me, I know who Tom Hardy is/was. Inception and Warrior are two of my favorite movies of recent years. He's actually the reason why I'm excited to see Lawless, despite Shia LeBeauf in it. i just think that Heath Ledger nailed it with his Joker. He might not have been the actor that Hardy is, sure, but you can't deny how well he played the crazy lunatic Joker. not saying Bane will be bad either, I just think the expectations of the last film could lead to a letdown with this film. it's like the expectations I had for Avengers hoping they could bring all those characters seamlessly and Joss Whedon delivered. I'm hoping that this one does as well.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

So all the fans who were threatening critics with death really REALLY needed to wait like 6 hours... it's 86% right now on Rottentomatoes...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

There is no doubt that Hardy will nail Bane.

The main question for me is how is Cat Woman going to be? Will Anne Hathaway ruin the movie?
Old 07-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Early reviews are saying both Bane and even Catwoman nailed the parts and this movie is extremely good...

I'll be seeing it Friday afternoon at 2pm when no one goes to the movies
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

I already have my midnight tickets But from what I have read it is exactly what you for an ending to this trilogy. I am expecting huge things. Also, you can't really lose on a 3 hour movie!
Eagles, Phillies, Chase Utley, and Anything that Catches my Eye!!
RIP Harry Kalas you will be missed
cl204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

Wow, way to discredit Heath Ledger as a great actor there. This Means War? Really? You mean the movie Tom Hardy looked completely uninterested to be in? That's your suggestion? Heath Ledger and Tom Hardy are/were great actors in their own right. I get you have a hard on for Hardy (no pun intended), but to sit there and say Heath Ledger is nowhere near as good as Tom Hardy is laughable in itself. And the last sentence you wrote makes absolutely no sense.

P.S. And it's just Bronson...not I am Charlie Bronson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
I think you have the same knowldge the OP has

Has no idea who Tom Hardy is, but sure enough if you IMDB him you will go " OH! That GUy. he was good in XXXXXXXX"

I am telling you, after watching the Artsy Fartsy side of him with I am Charlie Bronson to the Renaissance side, Wuthering Heights.....and if you saw WARRIOR and did NOT find it the only real GUY flick that almost made you want to cry(ok,#@#@#@#@, I teared up,lets drop it)...then you have no concept of how to enjoy a movie or those performing in it

Oh man the list goes on and on
1st time I saw Tom Hardy was in Star Trek Nemesis as the Clone of Piccard
Saw Black hawk down on DVD a year later and he was in there, minor roll, but enough to remember
Saw him in a smattering of flicks.
In Rock n Rolla....hansom bob lol...him and Gerard Butler in the " Ok, your gay and going to prison, Im your best friend ,I will give it up" oh #@#@#@#@ it was so damn funny. They strung him along and Butler was having fits...you have to see this movie.

And if you havent had the chance to see a REAL mesh of CHICK FLICK meets GUY FLICK...Go Rent This Means war.

I can;t tell you enough how I think he is right for ANY ROLE and comparing him as an actor to Heath Ledger is laughable

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/bucnastdizzl/

Last edited by Whodatiz; 07-18-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Whodatiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatiz View Post
Wow, way to discredit Heath Ledger as a great actor there. This Means War? Really? You mean the movie Tom Hardy looked completely uninterested to be in? That's your suggestion? Heath Ledger and Tom Hardy are/were great actors in their own right. I get you have a hard on for Hardy (no pun intended), but to sit there and say Heath Ledger is nowhere near as good as Tom Hardy is laughable in itself. And the last sentence you wrote makes absolutely no sense.

P.S. And it's just Bronson...not I am Charlie Bronson.
no, no hard on for Hardy. I genuinely feel he IS a better actor.

Ledger's best films, to me. were 10 things i hate about you and the Patriot. His acting out the modern day Joker was GOOD....however, I think brad pitt or Eric banna could have served it up better.
We are now in that realm of WAS and COULD HAVE BEEN since he didn't feel that 3 controlled substances were enough, no lets make it 5 and add a sleep aide cocktail on top of it . I was disappointed in him as a person and actor. My wife's favorie movie is A Knight's Tale.
Add him to the same woodpile as Whitney,MJ,Winehouse,etc...he wasn't a musician...his work will not go on forever.

per Tom Hardy, I am glad he got his head out of his ass 10 years back and got off the crack and drink. he wouldn;t be where he is today.....playing the baddest-assed role of all time...MAD MAX :P

I understand we have a difference of opinions and thats ok

I am anxious to see this movie but due to seeing 9 movies in 3 weeks with the family I am unsure if I will do it en'masse or make up an excuse to see it solo and save the 150.00 bucks

regardless of our POVs, enjoy the movie.....even though I think Hardy's bane will Smoke Ledgers Joker :P
Old 07-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #16 (permalink)

I'm expecting greatness. My friend and I are going to see the whole "trilogy" at the AMC iMax tomorrow starting at 6 pm. All three right in a row, with dark knight rises at midnight.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7290morint View Post
I'm expecting greatness. My friend and I are going to see the whole "trilogy" at the AMC iMax tomorrow starting at 6 pm. All three right in a row, with dark knight rises at midnight.
My brother-in-law is doing the same thing. I was going to do it also, but I would rather just watch The Dark Knight Rises. I'm anxious to see if Tom Hardy's performance outdoes Heath Ledgers. I think people are going to still have Ledger over Hardy though.
Copeskey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:25 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeskey45 View Post
My brother-in-law is doing the same thing. I was going to do it also, but I would rather just watch The Dark Knight Rises. I'm anxious to see if Tom Hardy's performance outdoes Heath Ledgers. I think people are going to still have Ledger over Hardy though.
Yeah, I am curious also. It's been a long time since I've seen either of the first two movies so I'm looking forward to it. Hoping it will be $40 well spent.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #19 (permalink)

I'm probably going to be the only person you ever see state this, but here it goes....

I hate the new batman trilogy. Bale is an attrocity to the Bruce Wayne/Batman character so it doesn't matter how accurately the villians are portrayed.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I'm probably going to be the only person you ever see state this, but here it goes....

I hate the new batman trilogy. Bale is an attrocity to the Bruce Wayne/Batman character so it doesn't matter how accurately the villians are portrayed.
I don't like these movies actually but I think it's just me not getting what Batman is supposed to be.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #21 (permalink)

The best thing I liked about this Batman series is it proves that hollywood is capable of making some incredible movies. I'm talking the film making, cinematography, score and everything. Point hollywood needs to stop flooding the market with all these poorly made crappy movies and just focus on making actually good ones. Like quality over quantity.
Main problem I know they make so many movies and so many are crap because they are cheaper to make and so many morons live in our country that they will see it and pay for it even if knowing it's going to be horrible.
matt6822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #22 (permalink)

I honestly have no words right now for the filth you just wrote. Did you really just recommend Brad Pitt or Eric Bana as the Joker over Ledger? Not sure if that's just sarcasm or if you really believe that. Those two individuals have nowhere near the range Ledger has/had. Ledger did not play a "modern day Joker", because if you knew anything about the comics, he actually resembled the Joker from the earlier years. And way to poke fun at Ledger's death there...considering he was averaging 2 hrs of sleep a night. And lets be real here...Tom Hardy may be playing in the remake of Mad Max, but no one will be able to touch that role the way Gibson did in the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
no, no hard on for Hardy. I genuinely feel he IS a better actor.

Ledger's best films, to me. were 10 things i hate about you and the Patriot. His acting out the modern day Joker was GOOD....however, I think brad pitt or Eric banna could have served it up better.
We are now in that realm of WAS and COULD HAVE BEEN since he didn't feel that 3 controlled substances were enough, no lets make it 5 and add a sleep aide cocktail on top of it . I was disappointed in him as a person and actor. My wife's favorie movie is A Knight's Tale.
Add him to the same woodpile as Whitney,MJ,Winehouse,etc...he wasn't a musician...his work will not go on forever.

per Tom Hardy, I am glad he got his head out of his ass 10 years back and got off the crack and drink. he wouldn;t be where he is today.....playing the baddest-assed role of all time...MAD MAX :P

I understand we have a difference of opinions and thats ok

I am anxious to see this movie but due to seeing 9 movies in 3 weeks with the family I am unsure if I will do it en'masse or make up an excuse to see it solo and save the 150.00 bucks

regardless of our POVs, enjoy the movie.....even though I think Hardy's bane will Smoke Ledgers Joker :P

Old 07-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatiz View Post
I honestly have no words right now for the filth you just wrote. Did you really just recommend Brad Pitt or Eric Bana as the Joker over Ledger? Not sure if that's just sarcasm or if you really believe that. Those two individuals have nowhere near the range Ledger has/had. Ledger did not play a "modern day Joker", because if you knew anything about the comics, he actually resembled the Joker from the earlier years. And way to poke fun at Ledger's death there...considering he was averaging 2 hrs of sleep a night. And lets be real here...Tom Hardy may be playing in the remake of Mad Max, but no one will be able to touch that role the way Gibson did in the original.
Dude.... A Knight's Tale was mentioned as a loved movie in his household...
Old 07-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #24 (permalink)

Haha...you're right. I just couldn't believe what I was reading for a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Dude.... A Knight's Tale was mentioned as a loved movie in his household...

Old 07-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post

You are not alone on this one. I am in total agreement. The only Batman worse than Bale was George Clooney.

I still think, Tim Burton's Batman is the best Batman movie. But with that being said, I am excited to see this new movie. Going to a 10:40 PM showing Friday on the IMAX.