Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default Heading to Seattle and/or Tacoma, WA

Will be there in 7 days. Anyone out there want to meet up and say hello? Any recommendations for a watering hole or two?

Very interested in any local info I can get on the fish market (pikes place) - really planning on doing this as our touristy thing but given my fishing interests I'm really intreagued by this. My biggiest question is we're thinking like 3 pm or so on Sunday, but know the market runs till 5. Is this really enough time to view most of it? Downfall is that we're only there till Friday when we fly back and with the market being open till 6 pm during the week (not sure we'd have enough time to go during the day as we'll be in class).
Old 07-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I am not sure how much free time you have but there are a few card shops (I haven't been to them, I have only seen them in the back of beckett magazine) but I suggest you go to Red Mill burgers. I plan on going there just haven't had time it got rated in the best 10 or 20 burgers in the world.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

if you're gonna bust some wax, I'd recommend Knutsen's Northwest Sportscards in University Place (Tacoma). Pike's Place is fun for the touristy stuff, remember to toss the fish. also, if the Mariners are still in town go see a game. nice stadium with some good food. weather has been cloudy as usual, so dress accordingly. if it's clear out, then make sure to hit up the Space Needle for an awesome view of the city.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

M's wont be in town (sucks).

Not sure how much time I'll spend on cards (will be at the national next week) and likely broke I've got one card related trip to make but rest of my evenings are pretty open - know co worker is looking/searching for microbrew watering holes
Old 07-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Hit up the Lunchbox Laboratory in downtown if you're looking for a good burger...
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm not a local but I've been to Seattle a couple of times in the past few years so I can answer the Pike Place Market questions. You should be able to check most of it out in a 2 hour span. The place is sprawling and has multiple indoor levels with various shops and restaurants but the main level is easily doable in 2 hours. That being said, there is a ton to see and eat so there's no way 2 hours is enough time to feel like you've hit everything you wanted to. There are just so many options. I'm sure you're aware of the touristy stuff like the fish tossing and the original Starbucks. Those are fine if you want to say you've been there and done that. The less well-known stuff includes just checking out the various vendors - the selection of seafood, produce, and fresh flowers is mind-boggling. The best food places (IMO) are the least fancy places. Piroshki! Piroshki! is phenomenal (you'll smell it from a block away). One of the seafood vendors has a metal counter with a few stools where you can get oysters, fried seafood, and chowders. There are also a bunch of others stuff like fresh mini-donuts, individual sized cheesecakes, various ethnic specialties, hot dogs, etc. You can get anything to go and head toward the open end of the market where there's a hilltop park with some picnic tables and a great view of the waterfront.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

13 coins is pretty good.
doctorres112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Foodwise, if you like sandwiches, check out paseo's or salumi. Both are amazing. Salumi has an amazing oxtail sandwich, and paseo's is caribbean sandwiches. Red Mill is definitely worth checking out if you like burgers. Lunchbox Lab is a close second. Elysian is a decent brewery, they have a spot right next to Century Link. Hale's and Pike are pretty decent as well, as is Mac n Jacks.
dawgsdt90 is offline   Reply With Quote