Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87
Default Dumbest question I've been asked in quite awhile

My sister had her first kid this past friday, it was a boy and his name is Dominic. So, I come into work this morning and do the usual monday morning BS of the weekend.

At that point, I was asked one of the dumbest questions that was ever asked to me. The lady asks "So, do you like him?" I thought maybe I didn't hear her right, wrong, I did. She asked If I liked the kid. The kid is two f***ing days old.

No, I don't like him. He's a bit of a d!ck and knocks coffee cups out of the adults hands for no reason, and then laughs about it.

My brother in law just showed this to me. Never saw this comedy special of his. Go to the 43:20 mark of the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Dit...eature=related

Last edited by avjp87; 07-30-2012 at 07:45 PM.
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Did you have a nice retort?
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Did you have a nice retort?
I pretty much said what I typed above "No, I don't like him. He's a bit of a d!ck and knocks coffee cups out of the adults hands for no reason, and then laughs about it."

I guess some people are just that dumb and clueless sometimes. It was hilarious though when she asked it, and she was dead serious too.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

lol - ignorance / stupidity

Two of the greatest qualities one can have
Old 07-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

you should have said "no I dont like him and neither does my sister so we chopped him up into small pieces, put him in the food processor and made salsa out of him" just to see the look on her face.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

So a lady was interested enough in you and your life and asked you an question and you decided to be smart a$$ in return? Is your life truly so miserable that you feel the need to laugh at someone in person, then make a post about it as well?
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimm View Post
So a lady was interested enough in you and your life and asked you an question and you decided to be smart a$$ in return? Is your life truly so miserable that you feel the need to laugh at someone in person, then make a post about it as well?
Stupid questions do exist, don't believe the teachers that told you otherwise. The only way to cure the world of such thoughtlessness is to correct it when it occurs.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Must be a Philly thing or perhaps a bad case of the Mondays.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Stupid questions do exist, don't believe the teachers that told you otherwise. The only way to cure the world of such thoughtlessness is to correct it when it occurs.
Of course stupid questions exist, but my point is that people have a choice in how they respond to such questions. Why is there a need to be a jerk about it? The world would also be a much better place if people just had a little sense to avoid being rude and obnoxious.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, I felt the need to give a smart ass response to her seeing it was a very dumb question.

How should I have answered? "Yeah, I like him. He was telling jokes, giving high fives and doing keg stands in the maternity ward."

lighten up francis
Old 07-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

It's been 3 days now...do you like him yet?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Is the lady who asked you the dumb question at least hot?
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
It's been 3 days now...do you like him yet?
I'll find out tonight when I head over to their house. He better not give me sh!t or he's not getting his mini snare drum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPattie View Post
Is the lady who asked you the dumb question at least hot?
Sadly, no. Actually, know the lady in Office Space who says the same damn line over and over again on the phone? She looks like her.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
Sadly, no. Actually, know the lady in Office Space who says the same damn line over and over again on the phone? She looks like her.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, I felt the need to give a smart ass response to her seeing it was a very dumb question.

How should I have answered? "Yeah, I like him. He was telling jokes, giving high fives and doing keg stands in the maternity ward."

lighten up francis
So you have never asked an ignorant question in your life? Congrats. I don't think that just because a person asked a question you feel is not a very good question, that doesn't give you the right to be a d.ick. You could have easily answered with, "Yeah I like him." and moved on with your life, but instead you chose to be negative and rude to someone who was only interested in if you like him. What do you gain exactly by bringing someone down who was only being kind to you?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
My sister had her first kid this past friday, it was a boy and his name is Dominic. So, I come into work this morning and do the usual monday morning BS of the weekend.

At that point, I was asked one of the dumbest questions that was ever asked to me. The lady asks "So, do you like him?" I thought maybe I didn't hear her right, wrong, I did. She asked If I liked the kid. The kid is two f***ing days old.

No, I don't like him. He's a bit of a d!ck and knocks coffee cups out of the adults hands for no reason, and then laughs about it.
ok so that had me laughing out loud...

Quote:

lighten up francis
but this just made me almost cry from laughter

Last edited by JWMcComas; 07-30-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: THE GUY ABOVE THIS POST NEEDS TO CHILL OUT!!!!!!
JWMcComas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
So you have never asked an ignorant question in your life? Congrats. I don't think that just because a person asked a question you feel is not a very good question, that doesn't give you the right to be a d.ick. You could have easily answered with, "Yeah I like him." and moved on with your life, but instead you chose to be negative and rude to someone who was only interested in if you like him. What do you gain exactly by bringing someone down who was only being kind to you?
So a guy comes on here and posts a humorous story to make your day just a little bit better and you decided to be jacka$$ in return? Is your life truly so miserable that you feel the need to piss on our happiness, then make a comment about it as well?

You could have simply moved on with your life, but instead you chose to be negative and rude to someone who was only interested in bringing you joy. What do you gain exactly by bringing someone down who was only being kind to you?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

Maybe it is a female thing? It does sound like an odd question, but I'd want to hear a women's perspective. I try not to judge too harshly.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
So a guy comes on here and posts a humorous story to make your day just a little bit better and you decided to be jacka$$ in return? Is your life truly so miserable that you feel the need to piss on our happiness, then make a comment about it as well?

You could have simply moved on with your life, but instead you chose to be negative and rude to someone who was only interested in bringing you joy. What do you gain exactly by bringing someone down who was only being kind to you?
The difference, of course, is that he was being a jerk to someone because he thought her question was stupid and basically ridiculed a person who was innocent of any wrongdoing. I was simply pointing out that didn't need to be a jerk to her. Big difference. But I would not expect you to understand that simple logic, based on your response.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #20 (permalink)

well i suppose you can find all the differences that you need to in hopes of justifying your commentary...at the end of the day i think most here will agree that the story is quite funny and you are taking it quite personally for no reason.....WAIT! do you know the lady with the awkward question personally? if so, then i retract my comment. if not, please keep it moving and stop trying to inhibit others in ridiculing people whom we do not know!
JWMcComas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I could see her becoming a sideline reporter for FOX or ESPN.

"How does if feel to lose the Super Bowl?"

"What are you going to do differently this half to get back into the game?"

"Do you think Tebow is hot?"
Old 07-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:

Should have said, "What do I look like a pervert, no I don't like him but Jerry Sandusky sure the hell does"

PS...Dominic is a sissy name!
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.

Last edited by ronlabo; 07-30-2012 at 06:55 PM.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #23 (permalink)

ahhhh I love this place
Old 07-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

My brother in law just showed this to me. Never saw this comedy special of his. Go to the 43:20 mark of the video

Louis C.K. - Shameless Stand-Up Comedy - YouTube
Old 07-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:

lighten up francis
Read this thread earlier, then just saw this on Facebook hahahaha.