Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebs View Post
Anybody seen Lawless? Is it worth my $$$?
Saw it last weekend, loved it!
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #52 (permalink)

This looks pretty awesome!!!!!!!!
Apakalypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #53 (permalink)

I really liked 21 jump street. They are making a second one already
Codyfinesse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #54 (permalink)

Bring da mutha bring da mutha effin ruckus, bring da mutha effin ruckus. This is gonna be sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakalypto View Post

This looks pretty awesome!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #55 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Just saw....

The Avengers 5/5 Stars
Battleship 3.5/5 Stars
The Cabin In The Woods 4.5/5 Stars
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #56 (permalink)

Expendables 2 Was ok.
Chernobyl Diaries:Was a steaming pile of feces...And that's an insult to poop.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

taken 2- 6.75/10

It was not a great movie it was kind of bland. It also left off for a third one which I hope if they do it they take the time and do it right and let it be the final one. I have a feeling this series will get ran into the ground. It is not all bad the action scenes were pretty cool and I will buy the dvd but only when it drops to $5.00-$10.00 bucks. If you expect to be blown away by it you will be disappointed, if you watch it with an open mind then you will enjoy it a little more.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #58 (permalink)

I saw The Avengers recently, I give a 5/5. Also, I wanna see Paranormal Activity 4 when it comes out
mikebsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #59 (permalink)

Looper- Great movie 9/10 I suggest everyone see this one. It does not disappoint
Old 10-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #60 (permalink)

I just saw the Matrix for the first time, I thought it was pretty good but it didn't live up to all of the hype. I give it a 7.5/10.

Edit: Just watched Pulp fiction for the first time, I was not disappointed; this one gets a 9/10.

Last edited by EMD34; 10-06-2012 at 07:51 PM.
EMD34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #61 (permalink)

I guess nobody else saw Dredd.

It's way better than the trailer makes it out to be, lots of good action and I'm getting to be a fan of Olivia Thirlby. This was nothing like that steaming pile Judge Dredd that Stallone did.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Headhunters on Netflix.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

taken 3 is coming, I knew it would happen because of a line in "taken 2". I really hope they take their time and do it right and also have it be the final one as I can see this series being ran into the ground.

Taken 3 Is Coming - ComingSoon.net
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #64 (permalink)

dark shawdows sucked
going to watch promethus in a few

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #65 (permalink)

Watched Taken 2 today,wasn;t as good as the 1st one but was still decent
Saw The Factory yesterday.....suffice to say the last 5 minutes raped the entire movie for me...
Watched patient Zero earlier and it was the shittiest movie ever....I was so annoyed that the IMDB rating was a 7.7 then realized it had 27 votes and it was clearly the cast/crew/publicists/producers,that I posted a 2 and a rant and now its at 2.3 Clearly more people felt the same as I.
Watching Abraham Vampire hunter and It is pretty damn good

lets see,what else
Oh
On video, the Dinosaur project,wasn;t too shabby for a B movie. if it had 1-2 stars in it, it would have POSSIBLY been an A movie.

Chernobyl Diaries,contrary to other people's take, was a nice flick to me.

Will be watching Excision in a few hours which has a nice IMDB rating of 6.7 with 300 votes
Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #66 (permalink)

Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter
Pretty damn good movie.
A lot better than I was expecting.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #67 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD34 View Post
I just saw the Matrix for the first time, I thought it was pretty good but it didn't live up to all of the hype. I give it a 7.5/10.
Keep in mind it came out in 1999, it was revolutionary at the time. Since then hundreds of movies have come out that are influenced by the matrix or are just straight rip-offs. Also, the move had AMAZING marketing, some of the best marketing for a movie ever, and it created massive hype turning the Matrix into a cultural phenomenon when it came out. (good marketing can be very underrated, just ask John Carter)

I would guess that people will look at avatar 10-15 years from now and wonder what all the hype was about. Tends to happen to movies that are popular due to having cutting edge technology and style, which in turn influences movies that try to replicate its success. The technology simply does not age well.

(NOTE, I did not enjoy avatar or think its anywhere as good as the matrix, just using it as a relevant example)

Pixar was really smart when they used toys as the subject of one of their first movies, technology at the time was only so advanced and anything rendered in 3d has a very plastic look to it, which is perfect for a movie about the secret lives of toys. It is one of the very few early CG animation movies that stands the test of time, thanks to some clever thinking on Paxar’s part.

Anyway, if you guys are in the mood for a good action flic that you might have missed, I highly recommend The Raid Redemption

It just like Dredd, but with amazing martial arts and better action sequences.

Last edited by blowoutcards3; 10-10-2012 at 02:31 PM.
blowoutcards3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards3 View Post
Keep in mind it came out in 1999, it was revolutionary at the time. Since then hundreds of movies have come out that are influenced by the matrix or are just straight rip-offs. Also, the move had AMAZING marketing, some of the best marketing for a movie ever, and it created massive hype turning the Matrix into a cultural phenomenon when it came out. (good marketing can be very underrated, just ask John Carter)

I would guess that people will look at avatar 10-15 years from now and wonder what all the hype was about. Tends to happen to movies that are popular due to having cutting edge technology and style, which in turn influences movies that try to replicate its success. The technology simply does not age well.

(NOTE, I did not enjoy avatar or think its anywhere as good as the matrix, just using it as a relevant example)

Pixar was really smart when they used toys as the subject of one of their first movies, technology at the time was only so advanced and anything rendered in 3d has a very plastic look to it, which is perfect for a movie about the secret lives of toys. It is one of the very few early CG animation movies that stands the test of time, thanks to some clever thinking on Paxar’s part.

Anyway, if you guys are n the mood for a good action flic that you might have missed, I highly recommend The Raid Redemption

It just like Dredd, but with amazing martial arts and better action sequences.
I hated hated hated Avatar. The biggest piece of liberal tree hugging crap of a film I have ever seen. Just plain awful, from start to finish.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

I watched 2016:Obama. By Dinesh D'souza. Not your typical documentary of recent times done by Moore. This is coming from the opposite side. Its a bit way out out there in terms of his association with what Obama is doing. But its just as far fetched as Moores stuff.

Battleship: Was okay. Better than I had expected.

Promethius: Good flick. Better than expected

Expendables 2: Funny and stupid 1 liners made the movie. Recommended if you are into watching some of your classics in cheesy action lol.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 10-10-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #70 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
I hated hated hated Avatar. The biggest piece of liberal tree hugging crap of a film I have ever seen. Just plain awful, from start to finish.
I have to say, the main characters ONLY job was to broker peace and help avoid a war, he failed pretty miserably.

Also, if Unobtanium was really worth like a zillion dollars an ounce, its safe to assume it did something pretty amazing, like cure cancer, or end world hunger. Not sure why the natives could not just move like the humans wanted. Hell, they might have moved if main character guy just did his damn job, but no, he wanted some alien booty and it cost thousands of easily avoided deaths. Ugh, hated that movie.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
There is no need to make this a political issue. It's an anti-corporate, anti-war industry movie. Tree-hugging yes (almost literally). Liberal? Meh.

Quote:
I have to say, the main characters ONLY job was to broker peace and help avoid a war, he failed pretty miserably.

Also, if Unobtanium was really worth like a zillion dollars an ounce, its safe to assume it did something pretty amazing, like cure cancer, or end world hunger. Not sure why the natives could not just move like the humans wanted. Hell, they might have moved if main character guy just did his damn job, but no, he wanted some alien booty and it cost thousands of easily avoided deaths. Ugh, hated that movie.
You got it completely backwards. The main character was wrong to expect to walk in and get the entire tribe to move. Of course they wouldn't want to move from their sacred lands. He saw that. In the end, the natives had to fight.

That's not fiction or fantasy. That's REAL HISTORY.

Last edited by Nicnac; 10-10-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
There is no need to make this a political issue. It's an anti-corporate, anti-war industry movie. Tree-hugging yes (almost literally). Liberal? Meh
The film was riddled with political undertones. As a matter of fact, scratch the undertones, it was blatantly obvious. The film was a 3 hour liberals wet dream.

I have gone on record here as a registered Republican, although I consider myself a staunch Independent now. I have equal disdain for both parties. I will call BS on both of them.

All I am saying is that I don't want to see an agenda pushed down my throat under the guise of entertainment. James Cameron made that film with the intent of pushing his view of the world on the viewer. That's not entertainment to me, that's pandering.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #73 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
There is no need to make this a political issue. It's an anti-corporate, anti-war industry movie. Tree-hugging yes (almost literally). Liberal? Meh.

You got it completely backwards. The main character was wrong to expect to walk in and get the entire tribe to move. Of course they wouldn't want to move from their sacred lands. He saw that. In the end, the natives had to fight.

That's not fiction or fantasy. That's REAL HISTORY.
You are right, but I just felt like the main character spent much more time and effort inciting the tribe to war then he spent trying to broker some sort of peaceful arrangement. He never even tried to get them to move, or warn them that the humans were going to blow up their tree.

Also (but unrelated), I found it a bit funny they moved to an even more sacred tree right after the first, super sacred tree got blown up, was all a bit over the top.

And, in an effort to get back on track, I would like to reiterate that I recently saw The Raid Redemption, and it was very, very good.

Last edited by blowoutcards3; 10-10-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #74 (permalink)

That's My Boy - Adam Sandler's latest flick. I laughed out loud like 3 times total. He has a terrible, terrible accent throughout. Not even worth a Red Box

Prometheus - I don't think it lived up to the hype. Kind of boring at parts. Worth a red box

Looper - Solid film worth watching. Cool story. Worth a movie ticket.

Expendables 2 - As long as you know what you are getting into, it's a fun action flick. Worth a red box

That's it for now. Currently watching season 1 of "The Shield". Really enjoying it so far
Old 10-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #75 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You are right, but I just felt like the main character spent much more time and effort inciting the tribe to war then he spent trying to broker some sort of peaceful arrangement. He never even tried to get them to move, or warn them that the humans were going to blow up their tree.

Also (but unrelated), I found it a bit funny they moved to an even more sacred tree right after the first, super sacred tree got blown up, was all a bit over the top.

And, in an effort to get back on track, I would like to reiterate that I recently saw The Raid Redemption, and it was very, very good.
That because he had some chick put a spell on him and he fell in love. Moral of the story: Women mess with your mind and chaos takes place when you throw the power of P into any situation lol.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote