Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Seen Any Good Movies Lately?? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/345516-seen-any-good-movies-lately.html)

Apakalypto 08-05-2012 10:44 AM

Seen Any Good Movies Lately??

I figured I'd start a Running Post of all the decent movie I have seen or will see in the near future.

If you have seen a movie post it here and let's discuss.

3 That I have recently watched.

Ted:Hilarious

The Raid Redemption: If you are a Violence,Action or martial arts fan this movie is a must. I will go out on a limb and say this movie has some of the best action sequences........well ever.

Battleship: Was very weary watching a movie based on a board game. I must say it was a rather good movie. The special effects were out of this world and the Board Game tie in made some sense.

I would suggest watching all 3movies soon.

JOHNJOHNNY 08-05-2012 10:57 AM

The raid was AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I think the main cop is going to be in fast a furious 6 as well.

Ted was funny

Getting ready for the NEW Bourne next week

screamingdc 08-05-2012 10:57 AM

Saw Total Recall on friday. Big plus having Kate Beckinsale as an ass kicking villain. Decent movie overall, but nothing classic like the original.

This has been a great summer movie season. Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, and Ted were my favorites so far. Saw the Dictator which wasn't worth the price of admission. I totally have forgotten Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which was good, but also not memorable. MIB 3 was an okay movie that brought a nice end to the series. And I'm at least hopeful that they can continue the story with The Amazing Spiderman. I am however, not looking forward to a sequel of Snow White and the Huntsman.

As far as movies in the future that I will watch, The Bourne Legacy, The Campaign, The Expendables 2, Premium Rush, Lawless, Resident Evil, Looper, and Taken 2 are ones that I will definitely see.

Apakalypto 08-05-2012 11:00 AM

The New Bourne looks decent. May have to give it a shot.

I heard there may be a "The Raid" Sequel or Remake(American).

Apakalypto 08-05-2012 11:01 AM

[QUOTE=screamingdc;3085550]Saw Total Recall on friday. Big plus having Kate Beckinsale as an ass kicking villain. Decent movie overall, but nothing classic like the original.

This has been a great summer movie season. Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, and Ted were my favorites so far. Saw the Dictator which wasn't worth the price of admission. I totally have forgotten Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which was good, but also not memorable. MIB 3 was an okay movie that brought a nice end to the series. And I'm at least hopeful that they can continue the story with The Amazing Spiderman. I am however, not looking forward to a sequel of Snow White and the Huntsman.

As far as movies in the future that I will watch, The Bourne Legacy, The Campaign, The Expendables 2, Premium Rush, Lawless, Resident Evil, Looper, and Taken 2 are ones that I will definitely see.[/QUOTE]

How was Snow white and the huntsman...I keep putting it off.

screamingdc 08-05-2012 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=Apakalypto;3085563]How was Snow white and the huntsman...I keep putting it off.[/QUOTE]

In a world where people think Kristen Stewart is fairer than Charlize Theron is laughable. Story was terrible, tried to hard to build up a love triangle, and even though it had some nice visuals, wasn't very good. i've heard they want to make a sequel, but I'll skip that. I just couldn't get into Snow White as a character, and Liam Hemsworth is a good actor in fight scenes, but I really don't know where the story would go from this one.

Whodatiz 08-05-2012 11:40 AM

Chris Hemsworth is in it, not Liam.

[QUOTE=screamingdc;3085677]In a world where people think Kristen Stewart is fairer than Charlize Theron is laughable. Story was terrible, tried to hard to build up a love triangle, and even though it had some nice visuals, wasn't very good. i've heard they want to make a sequel, but I'll skip that. I just couldn't get into Snow White as a character, and Liam Hemsworth is a good actor in fight scenes, but I really don't know where the story would go from this one.[/QUOTE]

darealstunna 08-05-2012 11:55 AM

Redbox movie....

Haywire

Definitley worth the $1.50

Hot female lead, Banderas, Tatum, more notables throughout.

Espionage, action, plot twists, violence, etc.

Solid A-

wmposs 08-05-2012 01:36 PM

The Raid Redemption was awesome.

This summer my two fave have probably been Moonrise Kingdom and Promotheus...

avjp87 08-05-2012 01:40 PM

any of you guys seen Behind Enemy Lines? It's fairly "old" with Gene Hackman and Owen Wilson. That's one of my favorite movies of all time.

Artiodactyla 08-05-2012 02:53 PM

Seriously was "worried" when I went to see Battleship because the previews didn't leave me too crazy about seeing it. So I took my girlfriend to see it and it was by far one of the best "action" movies I have ever seen. The effects were great and there was an actual plot.

MC80_LCM 08-05-2012 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=Artiodactyla;3086459]Seriously was "worried" when I went to see Battleship because the previews didn't leave me too crazy about seeing it. So I took my girlfriend to see it and it was by far one of the best "action" movies I have ever seen. The effects were great and there was an actual plot.[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked, everyone that I've talked to said it was absolute garbage and I don't think I've read one half decent review of it.

Its not a really new movie but I just watched Act of Valor. As can be expected it had terrible acting but some of the action scenes were legit. Its scary how efficient some of the higher levels of the military are when it comes to killing.

Apakalypto 08-05-2012 04:05 PM

If you have Netflix.
Immortals was pretty good.

But you can skip the God Awful Remake of Conan.

EMD34 08-05-2012 04:07 PM

I watched God Bless America and Cabin in the Woods yesterday I really liked them, I would rate both 7/10.

Apakalypto 08-05-2012 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=EMD34;3086791]I watched God Bless America and Cabin in the Woods yesterday I really liked them, I would rate both 7/10.[/QUOTE]

God Bless America..Is a very good Social Commentary. Very amusing as well.:)!

IndySportsCards 08-05-2012 04:13 PM

I didn't expect much from Battleship, and that's what I got. They spent a lot of money on Maya technicians as the special effects were phenominal, but all the best shiney objects can't save a movie where the story is so lame.

Apakalypto 08-05-2012 04:13 PM

Good Old Fashioned Orgy Is Very Funny.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYlr_aDlkvo]'A Good Old Fashioned Orgy' Trailer HD - YouTube[/url]

Artiodactyla 08-05-2012 04:22 PM

[QUOTE=MC80_LCM;3086769]I'm shocked, everyone that I've talked to said it was absolute garbage and I don't think I've read one half decent review of it.

Its not a really new movie but I just watched Act of Valor. As can be expected it had terrible acting but some of the action scenes were legit. Its scary how efficient some of the higher levels of the military are when it comes to killing.[/QUOTE]

I can't see how people thought it was bad. It was a very good movie in my opinion, but this is also coming from someone who enjoys military history and strategy.

Nicnac 08-05-2012 05:43 PM

[QUOTE=screamingdc;3085677]In a world where people think Kristen Stewart is fairer than Charlize Theron is laughable. Story was terrible, tried to hard to build up a love triangle, and even though it had some nice visuals, wasn't very good. i've heard they want to make a sequel, but I'll skip that. I just couldn't get into Snow White as a character, and Liam Hemsworth is a good actor in fight scenes, but I really don't know where the story would go from this one.[/QUOTE]

LOL not to mention she has recently proven to be not such a wholesome Snow White IRL.

basezloaded 08-05-2012 06:01 PM

A few Redbox options:

[U]Killer Elite[/U] (re: assasssins)- Jason Statham, Clive Owen, Robert DeNiro - was better than I anticipated and based, at least somewhat, on actual events.

[U]Columbiana[/U] (re: female assassin) - the only actor/actress I actually recognized initially was Michael Vartan, but this movie was suprisingly good as well.

[U]This Means War[/U] (re: 2 spies fall for same woman) - Tom Hardy, Chris Pine, Reese Witherspoon

Nicnac 08-05-2012 07:44 PM

[QUOTE=basezloaded;3087256]A few Redbox options:

[U]Killer Elite[/U] (re: assasssins)- Jason Statham, Clive Owen, Robert DeNiro - was better than I anticipated and based, at least somewhat, on actual events.

[U]Columbiana[/U] (re: female assassin) - the only actor/actress I actually recognized initially was Michael Vartan, but this movie was suprisingly good as well.

[U]This Means War[/U] (re: 2 spies fall for same woman) - Tom Hardy, Chris Pine, Reese Witherspoon[/QUOTE]

I'll second Killer Elite. A good actioner. Haven't seen the others you named.

GoTribe!!! 08-06-2012 12:04 AM

Kille Elite was real good for a remake
Columiana was better than I expected
Faster really suprised me. The Rock and Billy Bob Thorton starred in this movie.
The remake of the Mechanic with Statham and Ben Foster was also really good.

Artiodactyla 08-06-2012 12:24 AM

The new twilight looks good.

Just kidding.

The Man with the Iron Fists looks awesome.

SportsItUpCards 08-06-2012 12:44 AM

Yes... Apakalypto! It was a good movie :)!

But really, that's the "good" movie that I saw recently believe it or not. I actually recorded it on tv, and the wife said, you recorded the spanish channel!! I said, it doesn't matter, these mother suckers are speaking some other language anyways... but the sub-title was spanish though. No big deal... might as well practice two different languages at once!

rudyjustinfarrell 08-06-2012 01:42 AM

I just saw the Raid Redemption the other day as well. If it weren't for the damn subtitles which were all jacked, I'd rate it an 11 on the 10 scale.

Also saw 21 Jump street finally. Pretty funny.