Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Post Office Dropoff Box Issues...

Over a week ago, (I'm guessing around Wednesday of LAST week), I put three Blockbuster DVD's and the last of my giveaway items in a USPS dropoff box next to a grocery store in my hometown. I've never used this box, but last time I checked, if a box is somewhere, that means the USPS picks up the mail out of them daily! Well, no one that I sent cards to (on that day) has mentioned receiving them, and Blockbuster has yet to get my DVD's, and I know FOR A FACT those arrive in like 2 days. Unfortunately I did not track the other packages because I was low on cash and the cards were not worth enough to warrant insuring, IMO. But now I may have lost my prizes to people, and knowing Blockbuster, they'll charge me and arm and a leg for the missing DVD's (it's been this long, no way they're still in transit, IMO) even if it wasn't my fault. Any ideas?
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DieHardCowboyFan33

Im guessing the packages didnt go down after you closed the lid and someone came later and took the packages? I always double check and make sure the packages go down.

Always looking for good deals
If you take more than 24 hours to ship and/or use scotch tape on the toploaders please let me know prior to our deal, otherwise a neutral will be left
DieHardCowboyFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
hog
Banned

I dont know i am having the same problem on two cards i sent out to somebody low on cash and it has been 11 days and the guy still has not got the cards.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardCowboyFan33 View Post
Im guessing the packages didnt go down after you closed the lid and someone came later and took the packages? I always double check and make sure the packages go down.
They did go down...it was one of em with the pullback little door so I actually had to open it to put the stuff in, so I know for a fact they got into the box.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
I dont know i am having the same problem on two cards i sent out to somebody low on cash and it has been 11 days and the guy still has not got the cards.
It's been my experience that First-Class Mail takes no more than around 5 business days within the U.S., usually a little quicker.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DieHardCowboyFan33

Oh ok, Well the mail has been unbelievable slow lately for everyone.(Like taking 10 days to get something instead of 3)

Always looking for good deals
If you take more than 24 hours to ship and/or use scotch tape on the toploaders please let me know prior to our deal, otherwise a neutral will be left
DieHardCowboyFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardCowboyFan33 View Post
Oh ok, Well the mail has been unbelievable slow lately for everyone.(Like taking 10 days to get something instead of 3)
I suppose I can wait a few more days...Please don't let me down USPS!
Old 08-02-2009, 04:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

you also have to check the times that usps picks up from their boxes. Some only have 1-2 a day. usually at Noon and then at 5 give or take. I hope they didn't put your DVDs in with media mail, if they did that, blockbuster may never get them. If they picked up at 5 then they probably didn't even go out until Friday if you sent on Wed.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
11 Days I wouldnt' give up yet. Last week I got cards from Arknasaw that took over 10 to get me. Previously that was a 2 day ship.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
11 Days I wouldnt' give up yet. Last week I got cards from Arknasaw that took over 10 to get me. Previously that was a 2 day ship.
I'm just going on past experience, but I guess there's always a shipment or two that doesn't ship in that same amount of time...
Old 08-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Shipping has been taking alot longer for some odd reason. I have a buddy from Ohio that we do a bunch of trades. It usually takes 1 - 2 days for the package to come first class. Well last week it took 4 days. I dont know whats going on, but its weird.
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote