Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINS4LIFE View Post
Hey Rogue. Just send the card into Beckett for grading. They will determine if it's been tampered with (FAKE) and they will tell you. If it is not. Then you have a very nice graded auto/jersey for your pc. Or if you want to sell it. Then the buyer will know it's not a fake piece. But to file a claim without positive proof is not right even as a question.
This would be the smartest thing to do for yourself. If it comes back a fake, then you have proof to file a claim against the seller you purchased from.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #52 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue15
I bought a Roddy White SP Authentic Falcon Wing Patch a few weeks ago and filed a claim to get my money back because I suspect it might be fake.

Does paypal usually side with the buyer in this case? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue15
To be completely honest, I think it's real. I think I just overpaid. lol

To the original question, why do you think it is fake? It looks real to me.

To your second part of this. I will assume you were attempting a joke or at least hope that you were. You cannot make statements like this and not expect some sort of backlash against you. Most of the people on here are sellers and with all of the problems that go on with bad sellers/buyers this really hits home.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't send a message to the seller of that card with a link to this thread.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dealz Rob View Post
The only reason you are down is because you dug yourself into this hole.

You say a card you bought is fake and want to open a Paypal claim. The a couple posts later in the same thread you say that the reason is that you overpaid for it. C'mon at what point did you think that was acceptable? At what point did you think that was acceptable? I would really like you to answer that.
*sigh* I don't know, but can we please talk like civilized people instead of kicking me while I'm down? I know it's my fault, ok? Destroying someone like you all have is not a way to get a good response. I figured an adult would know this.
Rogue15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajim View Post
I'm sorry, no I'm not, 1st mistake I'm sorry, no I'm not, 1st mistake I'm sorry, no I'm not, 1st mistake I'm sorry, no I'm not, 1st mistake I'm sorry, no I'm not, 1st mistake I'm sorry, no I'm not, 1st mistake
Deja Vu

Oh Ya, I forgot that one!: but trust me when I say this won't happen again.
1st time it's happened. If you go through life with this attitude, you won't get much forgiveness yourself.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue15 View Post
*sigh* I don't know, but can we please talk like civilized people instead of kicking me while I'm down? I know it's my fault, ok? Destroying someone like you all have is not a way to get a good response. I figured an adult would know this.
Where in my comments to you have I not been civilized? You were the one that sent me a profanity laced PM right? I am showing you what you did wrong and preventing it from happening to me.

Check me out on the Bay & COMC for special BO member deals!!!
Great Dealz Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #56 (permalink)

Blocked, thanks!

Btw, if you had any reservations the card was fake BEFORE you bid then you really don't deserve your money back. The seller, if he knew it was fake, really doesn't deserve the money either but two wrongs don't make a right. Sometimes buyers need to take responsibility for their own mistakes. In the future do your DD (due diligence) before making a purchase. There are plenty of places to ask opinions on patch cards.

Either way you need DOCUMENTED proof, and board opinions don't count at this point.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
1st time it's happened. If you go through life with this attitude, you won't get much forgiveness yourself.
I'm an old man, I don't need forgivness
Old 08-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

After all is said and done, if someone has learned their lesson, there is no need to keep making fun of them/ripping into them. If someone has apologized numerous times, either LET THEM BE, or accept their apology. It's not like I wronged any of ya'll, 'cept for calling a few people some names in retaliation. I was just frustrated and still am, that you guys can't act like adults and either LEAVE, or accept my apology. Nothing more needs to be said.

capiche?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #59 (permalink)
hog
Banned

Ok guys he did something wrong yes but if you all dont give him another chance he wont have the chance to prove him self that he can fix it and get out of the hole he is in. I will give him another chance but if he jacks that up it would be hard to trust him at all ever agian.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
After all is said and done, if someone has learned their lesson, there is no need to keep making fun of them/ripping into them. If someone has apologized numerous times, either LET THEM BE, or accept their apology. It's not like I wronged any of ya'll, 'cept for calling a few people some names in retaliation. I was just frustrated and still am, that you guys can't act like adults and either LEAVE, or accept my apology. Nothing more needs to be said.

capiche?
O.K. let's not bring us Italians in this, we have a bad enough name now
Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #61 (permalink)

The kid is just looking for some support here. The only person on here who gave him good advice was FINS. Rogue says he has been collecting for just a few months, so he is not down with all the ins and outs. He did not know what else he could do. He makes a valid point that if so many people think it is a fake, it will be hard to sell. Now if he just wants to keep it, and he believes it is real, then no need to make a claim. I agree, send it to Beckett, see what comes back. That White will make you quite a dime if it is authenticated. Once he reports to camp he is going to have a huge year.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #62 (permalink)

He really don't deserve another chance. To say what he did is not a mistake. It was a down right bragging attempt about being dishonest and dare i say a thief.

If you buy a card you feel is a fake take it up with the buyer, ebay and paypal. Do not go to a forum and say I just want my money back because I over paid.
Teambo1634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
The kid is just looking for some support here. The only person on here who gave him good advice was FINS. Rogue says he has been collecting for just a few months, so he is not down with all the ins and outs. He did not know what else he could do. He makes a valid point that if so many people think it is a fake, it will be hard to sell. Now if he just wants to keep it, and he believes it is real, then no need to make a claim. I agree, send it to Beckett, see what comes back. That White will make you quite a dime if it is authenticated. Once he reports to camp he is going to have a huge year.
I love you, fungi. You just earned a ton of respect in my book. Instead of bashing me and acting like a barbarian, you actually gave me something to smile about. I feel low enough already, so all these "adults" getting high off of beating me into the mud can lay off.

Anyway, I have nothing more to say on the issue and won't reply unless you want to talk to me in a humane way through PMs.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
Ok guys he did something wrong yes but if you all dont give him another chance he wont have the chance to prove him self that he can fix it and get out of the hole he is in. I will give him another chance but if he jacks that up it would be hard to trust him at all ever agian.
Thank you, hog.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
To a point. Fins gave him that advice before he knew "the kid" was going to try and rip the seller a new one. He should have taken that advice 1st! As a seller I'm just sick of scam buyers with the SAME excuses.

This is why I wish they would ban "REAL or FAKE" posts. Most people that give opinions have no clue if it is or not. I feel some are just jealous they can't have it so, IT"S FAKE!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #66 (permalink)

I have just read this post from front to back.

First off, let me say that I think you should know better than to even think about asking for any sort of refund unless YOU thought it was fake with PROOF.

I am glad you say it won't happen again, but before I can give you any support I have a couple of questions.

#1 Are you sorry you said something on the board, or do you recognize the error in your original thought?

#2 Somewhere you said you were working toward a resolution with the seller? Please explain this in more detail. I don't know that the seller owes you anything. Are you holding him up for a partial refund?

Honest answers to these questions will go a LONG WAY for me.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #67 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
I have just read this post from front to back.

First off, let me say that I think you should know better than to even think about asking for any sort of refund unless YOU thought it was fake with PROOF.

I am glad you say it won't happen again, but before I can give you any support I have a couple of questions.

#1 Are you sorry you said something on the board, or do you recognize the error in your original thought?

#2 Somewhere you said you were working toward a resolution with the seller? Please explain this in more detail. I don't know that the seller owes you anything. Are you holding him up for a partial refund?

Honest answers to these questions will go a LONG WAY for me.
Thank you for being polite.

#1: I recognize the error in my original thought. And I'm sorry for calling people names.

#2: It is already escalated to where Paypal is reviewing it. But I sent him an email explaining my situation, he should respond soon.

#3: Sent a PM asking for more advice.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you for being polite.

#1: I recognize the error in my original thought. And I'm sorry for calling people names.

#2: It is already escalated to where Paypal is reviewing it. But I sent him an email explaining my situation, he should respond soon.

#3: Sent a PM asking for more advice.
I answered your PM... You need to cancel the paypal claim. It is within your power to do so at any time.

I appreciate your appoligy, but until you cancel that claim, I will have lost all respect for you. Are you willing to do this?

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
#2: It is already escalated to where Paypal is reviewing it. But I sent him an email explaining my situation, he should respond soon
What are you trying to accomplish with Paypal? Did you file a claim stating that you overpaid for the item? I would really like to know what you are trying to "work out" with the seller?

Check me out on the Bay & COMC for special BO member deals!!!
Great Dealz Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #70 (permalink)

We have all made mistakes in life. We have done things in our past that we regret doing. That is life. You learn from your mistake.

I'm not a church going person. Still belive in what I was brought up on. But like it says in the book. Let him cast the first stone that has not sinned or something like that.

On the other hand rogue if you had resevations that the card was fake. You should have not purchased it. Even if the seller knew about it. But once you make a commitment to buying it. You should honor it. Thats why I suggested that you get it graded. If it's fake. Then you have every right to fight to get your money back for it.

Thats why I like blowouts forums. It amasses alot of minds together to help each other out. Alot of info to optain for different situations. And all are honest comments. Just ask a question. And you'll get 20 responses to help you out.

My 2 pennies worth
FINS4LIFE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #71 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINS4LIFE View Post
We have all made mistakes in life. We have done things in our past that we regret doing. That is life. You learn from your mistake.

I'm not a church going person. Still belive in what I was brought up on. But like it says in the book. Let him cast the first stone that has not sinned or something like that.

On the other hand rogue if you had resevations that the card was fake. You should have not purchased it. Even if the seller knew about it. But once you make a commitment to buying it. You should honor it. Thats why I suggested that you get it graded. If it's fake. Then you have every right to fight to get your money back for it.

Thats why I like blowouts forums. It amasses alot of minds together to help each other out. Alot of info to optain for different situations. And all are honest comments. Just ask a question. And you'll get 20 responses to help you out.

My 2 pennies worth
I agree, but I thought I would get more help and support than all the bashing. This thread is turning out really well, though, I'm getting lots of HELPFUL comments now, including yours.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #72 (permalink)
Banned

BTW, I will cancel it if you guys are totally sure that is the best thing to do. I just thought I had grounds to return it if most people think it is fake.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
BTW, I will cancel it if you guys are totally sure that is the best thing to do. I just thought I had grounds to return it if most people think it is fake.
Here you go again, THINK for your self!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #74 (permalink)
hog
Banned

Default You Not Them.

Quote:
I would cancel it but you dont need to do it because other people told you to you need to do it because you want to do it. But they are right you need to cancel it just dont do it because that is what everybody wants. Other wise you would not have learned from your mistake if you are not being honest to your self.
Just giving my 2 cents on it.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:

Opinions don't matter know! You should have asked for opinions prior to your purchase. All comments now are hearsay and not grounds for filing a claim.

As to your question, yes you should cancel the claim.

Last edited by swerve; 08-03-2009 at 02:48 PM.
swerve is offline   Reply With Quote