Blowout Cards Forums
Shop OneStopFanShop.com Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
I think he did say that he overpaid, but in relation to what others see the card as. I see him as saying that if the card is real, then he loves it, but since others think it is not real he could have trouble with resale, if he wants to go there. This thread is an indictment of how crappy some people have made the card industry. He should not have to worry about it being real.
Read post #91 from him.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue15 View Post
The issue is what most other people think. If most think it's fake, isn't that grounds to return it? It was a dumb move on my part to buy it in the first place. But here were are.

Again, if the smartest thing to do here is to cancel the claim, I will cancel it.
The only way for you to save face in my eyes (which may mean something to you and may not) is to cancel the claim. It is wrong.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
I think he did say that he overpaid, but in relation to what others see the card as. I see him as saying that if the card is real, then he loves it, but since others think it is not real he could have trouble with resale, if he wants to go there. This thread is an indictment of how crappy some people have made the card industry. He should not have to worry about it being real.
Fungi, here is what he posted.....He has since edited the post!!!

To be completely honest, I think it's real. I think I just overpaid. lol

Now Fungi, I know you are normally the Grammar & Spelling Police, but how would you feel if you sold the card and the buyer decides to open a Paypal claim because it was a "fake", but in actuality he just felt like he overpaid. Better yet, if a few people on a open forum told him it was fake without really knowing the authenticity of it. I'm sure you wouldn't be very pleased with the transaction.

Rougue, don't worry what other people think. If you want to cancel the Paypal claim then cancel it. I hope you lose the claim because it is a dirtball way to try and return a card, but I have no control over that. You are young and you need to learn to make up your own mind and not worry what others think. It's called being independent. I have the right to block you from my auctions just like anyone else does and after this crazy thread I am very proud to say YES, I HAVE BLOCKED MOUSEOFTHEFIELD and I am very proud of that!

Check me out on the Bay & COMC for special BO member deals!!!
Great Dealz Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #104 (permalink)

#1) Both cards mentioned in the original thread look real. There is no sign of damage on the jersey windows. Again, no way to really know, but to me it looks legit.

#2) If you had any doubt whatsoever, you shouldn't have bid on the card.

#3) I'm with Guru on this one, retract the claim. If the patch is fake, shame on him for selling it, but buyer beware, especially on Ebay.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #105 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dealz Rob View Post
Fungi, here is what he posted.....He has since edited the post!!!

To be completely honest, I think it's real. I think I just overpaid. lol

Now Fungi, I know you are normally the Grammar & Spelling Police, but how would you feel if you sold the card and the buyer decides to open a Paypal claim because it was a "fake", but in actuality he just felt like he overpaid. Better yet, if a few people on a open forum told him it was fake without really knowing the authenticity of it. I'm sure you wouldn't be very pleased with the transaction.

Rougue, don't worry what other people think. If you want to cancel the Paypal claim then cancel it. I hope you lose the claim because it is a dirtball way to try and return a card, but I have no control over that. You are young and you need to learn to make up your own mind and not worry what others think. It's called being independent. I have the right to block you from my auctions just like anyone else does and after this crazy thread I am very proud to say YES, I HAVE BLOCKED MOUSEOFTHEFIELD and I am very proud of that!
LoL. You really know how to make an EDIT - MoD out of yourself. The fact that I think I overpaid is a moot point. The bigger issue here is that MOST people consider it fake and therefore wouldn't buy it. Simple as that.

This is the third incident. Maybe a short vacation will get the point accross - MoD
Rogue15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
The issue is what most other people think. If most think it's fake, isn't that grounds to return it? It was a dumb move on my part to buy it in the first place. But here were are.

Again, if the smartest thing to do here is to cancel the claim, I will cancel it.
was this before or after you bought the card?........ and no, even of most people think it's fake, that's not a legitimate reason to return it.

and if you close the claim only because other people think it's the best thing to do................ i hope these same people aren't telling you that it's okay to play in traffic.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #107 (permalink)

Rougue, don't worry what other people think.

See how I started out my message. You shouldn't worry what other people think.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT ANYONE THINKS ABOUT A CARD OTHER THAN THE PERSON WHO BOUGHT IT!!!!

You are immature, you can't get it through your thick skull that you are/were wrong for what you did and now you are trying to play it off. If it's a "moot point" then why did you go back and edit the post? Answer that one please......

Old 08-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #108 (permalink)

No rouge the whole reason people posted here was your, (To be completely honest, I think it's real. I think I just overpaid. lol)
If you think its real, than what others say dose not matter. A lot of people think its real.

Also you edit your post to try to hide the fact you ever said it. Added you to blocked bidders list.
Teambo1634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #109 (permalink)

I think it is time to lock this thread. There is nothing good that can come from this. If it keeps up Rogue may get a vacation and that would be terrible. Let's all move on, nothing to see here!

Old 08-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #110 (permalink)

AGAIN!!

Originally Posted by Rogue15
Oh...my god...I just accidentally won the Roddy White for $125... I don't know if that's good or bad, but it's all mine.

The fact that his other falcon's logo card has the TEAM LOGO text right under it (so donruss certifies it as real) makes me feel better, it just seems highly unlikely he would have two of the exact same Roddy Whites.

Then again, he has a TON of cards for sale, so IDK.

What do you guys think? Should I retract my $125? I already bought a case of Authentic.

He paid more than he could spend! Now finding a way to get money back. He is now selling his prized material set! He just needs a way to get his money back before Mom finds out!!! Well that's a different thread and dance.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #111 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Guys, just let the thread go. If Rogue15 wants to respond he can do so in 7 days.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #112 (permalink)

Letting it go.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #113 (permalink)

wow, I just got home. Since no further imput is required, I will just say have a nice day everyone.
P.47
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #114 (permalink)

Sorry if I made this go on longer. I may have misinterpreted his mission with the whole situation. I again would like to state that this should have never happened at all. Cancel the claim. Send it in, no matter if Beckett is not a patch verification, it will at least make the card more legit. You will be able to sell it easier. Also, brett06. GREAT POST. I love it.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #115 (permalink)

Ya, I guess I will go do some yard work with the rest of my day off (only 97 degrees today)
Old 08-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
The bigger issue here is that MOST people consider it fake and therefore wouldn't buy it. Simple as that.
I know it's "done" at this point ... but I just read the whole thread and may have missed one comment or two at most ... but, who are the "MOST" people who consider it fake?

I do not recall one person saying that ... not even one, One, ONE, ONE, ONE, ONE , ONE???
thekramers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #117 (permalink)

Rogue just curious if you have a DC# for the 2 Booties and Landry. Email me at joe.petrucci@yahoo.com Since I am unable to reach you as you are taking a short vacation.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Damnit. You guys act like children. One mishap, and you block me automatically.

For the record, I am close to resolving this case based on my honesty. No thanks to you lowlifes. I expected better from you guys. I really did.

Man, are you serious? You have the nerve to call people on here "lowlifes" and say you closed the case based on your "honesty"? Give me a break. Its clear you knew exactly what you were doing. Its not like you filed a "I think I paid too much on eBay so now I want a refund because I'm an idiot impulsive buyer that didn't put enough thought into my bid" claim.

When I left for work this morning there were 2 pages on this thread, now there are 12. I have some catching up to do. I'm sure I'll be responding again.

Oh and I emailed the seller that you filed a bogus claim and gave him a link to this thread in case he needed proof to give Paypal Have a good day!
csun22 is offline   Reply With Quote