Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay Rant....

So I sold 4 Dodgers tickets on 7/20/09 (game on 7/21/09). I send the winning bidder email and invoice with no response. After the 7th day I opened a paypal claim. He reponds to the claim 3 days later amd says he emailed me (didi not) to email the tix. He never made paynet and expected me to email the tickets (what is he...crazy?). I write back that payment was never received. His next response was "why are you crying over $12...". At this point I am a little irritated. After several more messages, he makes payment. Immediately after making the payment he leaves me a NEG. He doesn't pay for the tix when payment is due...I open claim...he says " stop crying over $12...then leaves me a NEG. I present ebay with all facts and ask the NEG be removed as it is undeserved. I get a email from ebay today basically saying "too bad"...a buyer can leave what ever they want even if they are a Non-Paying buyer..WTF! Just had to vent a little. The whole thing is complete BS.

Last edited by Monsters; 08-04-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not that this will help you, but when the new rules on eBay take effect once you open a NON PAYING BIDDER DISPUTE the buyer CAN'T leave you NEGATIVE and/or NUETRAL feedback. I am happy about that change. Sorry about your problem though.

Check me out on the Bay & COMC for special BO member deals!!!
Great Dealz Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dealz Rob View Post
Not that this will help you, but when the new rules on eBay take effect once you open a NON PAYING BIDDER DISPUTE the buyer CAN'T leave you NEGATIVE and/or NUETRAL feedback. I am happy about that change. Sorry about your problem though.
Glad to hear they're making that change. However, doesn't common sense tell them that they should've had that in place from the beginning? Well, I guess ebay execs would have to have the common sense first in order to know that...guess I answered my own question.
nephinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
Glad to hear they're making that change. However, doesn't common sense tell them that they should've had that in place from the beginning? Well, I guess ebay execs would have to have the common sense first in order to know that...guess I answered my own question.
Common sens and eBay LOLOLOLOL

Anyways if you sell a free shipping item should the seller be able to leave you anything but 5 stars?!? Again, common sense eBay right!

Check me out on the Bay & COMC for special BO member deals!!!
Great Dealz Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

MORE RANTING....

Over the past 30 days I have gotten the "I lost my job excuse" on 4 seperate auctions. Some form 10-15 feedback scores and some from 2000-3000 feedback scores. When ebay took away the sellers power to leave NEGATIVE feedback it empowered all these trolls to come out and bid with no consiquence. I am really starting to get tired of all the loop holes they give buyers while giving NO protection to the sellers (the ones paying all these DAMN fees!)

If you lost your job get out of the hobby and worry about getting food on the table for your family...the best is when I see them making card purchases/paid after my auction ends and still gives me the "I just got fired." I ask them, politely, how were you able to make other purchases after winning my auction and it usually leads to NO RESPONSE...not suprised.

Just had to rant a little more as theys trolls have really been getting on my nerves.
Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
mdh

Don't want to hijack the thread, but i've got an issue as well. First off, this is one of the reasons I really enjoy this forum. I've had nothing but good transactions on the bay, with the few minor bad apples here and there, but to see, and read what everyone else goes through is a real eye opener for me.

I get an email the other day asking me to drop a negative strike against a user. After heeing and hawing around, I finally get the real reason they want the strike removed. Mind you, the strike was left ONE YEAR AGO! It's amazing the excuses and politeness you get from people when they want a favor from you.
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

But after 1 year the bad strike will dissapear. It happend to my feedback. A kid tried getting his money back by saying I sold him a card with a crease in it. The card was fine. It was packed with two of the ud decoy cards on eigther side of the toploader. He refused to send it back to me for inspection even when I told him I would cover the shipping charges. My ratting dropped to 96% for that 1 mark. But went back to 100% one year later.
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote