Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Obama - Healthcare and Increased Taxes

Wow the truth is already coming out that Obama will raise our taxes. Is anyone surprised? How on God's Green Earth will deficits be brought down with healthcare reform? Whoever believes this line should have their right to vote revoked because they are obviously spending more time following the exploits of Paris Hilton than thinking for themselves. My rant of the year is Think for Yourselves People!!

FROM THE AP - During his presidential campaign, Obama repeatedly pledged "you will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime." But the simple reality remains that his ambitious overhaul of how Americans receive health care — promised without increasing the federal deficit — must be paid for.

"If we want an economy that's going to grow in the future, people have to understand we have to bring those deficits down. And it's going to be difficult, hard for us to do. And the path to that is through health care reform," Geithner said. "We're not at the point yet where we're going to make a judgment about what it's going to take."
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

I told myself I would try my best to accept the fact that Obama has been elected President and that I would support him best I could, but he is making it more difficult every day...
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
hog
Banned

At least Bush is not in office anymore. He made this alot harder for president Obama when he left office.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
At least Bush is not in office anymore. He made this alot harder for president Obama when he left office.
Every president in recorded time has inherited problems. The difference is all the others didn't whine about it.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Waiting for the flames...............

Couldn't get it in quick enough.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
My rant of the year is Think for Yourselves People!!

I'm going to continue to stay out of political discussion (besides in general terms) but I couldn't agree with this statement more. And the first thing EVERYONE should do to start thinking for themselves is delete Fox News and MSNBC from their programming.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Wow the truth is already coming out that Obama will raise our taxes. Is anyone surprised? How on God's Green Earth will deficits be brought down with healthcare reform? Whoever believes this line should have their right to vote revoked because they are obviously spending more time following the exploits of Paris Hilton than thinking for themselves. My rant of the year is Think for Yourselves People!!

FROM THE AP - During his presidential campaign, Obama repeatedly pledged "you will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime." But the simple reality remains that his ambitious overhaul of how Americans receive health care — promised without increasing the federal deficit — must be paid for.

"If we want an economy that's going to grow in the future, people have to understand we have to bring those deficits down. And it's going to be difficult, hard for us to do. And the path to that is through health care reform," Geithner said. "We're not at the point yet where we're going to make a judgment about what it's going to take."
These are the things they do in Europe. The guys that worked for me over there showed me thier paystubs, 60% deducted for taxes
But everything is FREE
Old 08-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
hog
Banned

Default Yea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
I'm going to continue to stay out of political discussion (besides in general terms) but I couldn't agree with this statement more. And the first thing EVERYONE should do to start thinking for themselves is delete Fox News and MSNBC from their programming.
I am out i dont want it to go to far and get the ban hammer.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

My grandfather always said, nothing in life is free, and if you're offered something free, it's too expensive.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I am out i dont want it to go to far and get the ban hammer.
Smartest thing you have done on here. Not going to get anywhere on this topic. Just let it blow over.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

READ MY LIPS

I'll wait to see the final bill (long way to go) before I make a judgment on it. Over the last decade we may not have been taxed for health care but the increase in cost has done the same thing - money out of my pocket.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

This is very well stated. There are some major shananigans going on in Washington which are being sponsored by BOTH political parties. Individual Americans cannot afford to remain fat, dumb and stupid. All the greatness that America has worked hard to build over the past 235 years is at stake. If that is not important to people, then maybe the government can add free Cable TV for all to the next stimulus program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.

Last edited by 37Jetson; 08-03-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hey, if we're gonna get free health insurance, and the government now owns General Motors, why can't we get free Auto Insurance too? That's a right, right?
Old 08-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

You betcha! Lets hope the Something for Nothing Brigade runs its course soon.

Does the government understand that if citizens don't work and compete in the world economy there will be nothing to send in for tax dollars and the government won't have anything to spend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Hey, if we're gonna get free health insurance, and the government now owns General Motors, why can't we get free Auto Insurance too? That's a right, right?
Old 08-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

LOL. He told people straite up during the champian to thier faces what He was going to do. And they voted for him. Why. Lets just say they were color blind.

And the funny thing is. He's taking credit for the Market rise. This guy doesn't know what he's doing. He's a complete smuck.

Hell. Free auto insurance. I'm entitled to a new car. LOL
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINS4LIFE View Post
He's a complete smuck.
Oh the irony.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

All I will say is that I voted for McCain. I was going to vote for Clinton. Remember how much better the country was when her husband ran it!
Jolietracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolietracing View Post
All I will say is that I voted for McCain. I was going to vote for Clinton. Remember how much better the country was when her husband ran it!
no, i'm having a real hard time remembering anything good from the clinton administration
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:10 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL. He told people straite up during the champian to thier faces what He was going to do. And they voted for him. Why. Lets just say they were color blind.

And the funny thing is. He's taking credit for the Market rise. This guy doesn't know what he's doing. He's a complete smuck.

Its called spell check - learn to use it... straight, campaign, schmuck
Dobber2330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

HAHAHA.............FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Spoken like a true Democrat

Get outta here dude. The Democrats in Congress made this nation what it is now. Not 1 dude's fault. All stems back to the Dems.
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
Spoken like a true Democrat

Get outta here dude. The Democrats in Congress made this nation what it is now. Not 1 dude's fault. All stems back to the Dems.
Wow seems like a bit too much praise for the Democrats. After all we are the greatest nation in the world. In all seriousness though, both parties have been fairly ineffective the last 10+ years. There is plenty of blame to go around.

Last edited by pac213up; 08-03-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #23 (permalink)

The last statement about both parties is absolutely correct. The trend will continue until we have a government that is " for the people, by the people". The American government has gotten away from this simple philosphy and has begun our demise.
kevinshreves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshreves View Post
The last statement about both parties is absolutely correct. The trend will continue until we have a government that is " for the people, by the people". The American government has gotten away from this simple philosphy and has begun our demise.
It's all about the $$$. Pretty much as simple as that. As long as special interests and lobbyists are as large a part of the process as they are today, government will struggle to be what it should.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

People showed up at a town hall meeting last week to confront and protest a US Congresswoman. Instead of tackling the issue, she calls the cops. This is just the start as these congress people get scared. As the people get more and more P.O'd and confrontational, the more of a police state we will become. Pretty soon, we'll be just like Russia. Or Oceania. (1984)

If you've never read 1984, do yourself a favor and pick it up. The similarities with the world we live in now will astound, and perhaps, frighten you.

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 08-03-2009 at 07:42 PM.
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote