Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #26 (permalink)

We go to Disney every year and renting a house or condo is the way to go especially if you have more than 4 people going. Cheaper than a hotel, much more space and most either have a pool, game room,etc or are part of a community with these amenities.

We make breakfast every morning before we leave (definitely cuts down on food costs) and being able to do a load of laundry in the morning or after you get home late at night is great as well.

vrbo dot com and homeaway dot com are decent sites to rent these from. I'm sure there are others out there but we have gone through both of these sites several times and been satisfied.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5 Penguin View Post
^ Well done! That's a perfect idea. Would love to know where you found the house, if you could PM me the website you used? We travel a lot and if you found a great deal on a specific site, I'd love to know what it was.

I hope you have a blast!!
I found the house on VRBO as upsbroker mentioned above, great site with nice pics of the properties. There is such a flood of houses in Florida from the housing bubble that you can rent a darn nice one for a week for about $600-$800, but don't forget about tax, 13% in Florida. Thanks much for the tips!

Quote:
You did good but there is one thing to remember... PARKING
I think the main gate is up to $14 a day to park.
I really didn't think about that. I'll have to explore some options, but $14 a day isn't the end of the world I guess. Thanks for the info!
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:25 AM   #28 (permalink)

since you'll have a car, try to go over to universal studios... 2 parks in 1 basically.....universal studios on one side.. islands of adventure on other side..with city walk in the middle...and your son is 10- he'll enjoy both... but you need a day for each park ....... you got disney, epcot, hollywood studios, animal kingdom- all within disney world for your 5 day pass.... so if you need to fill another day or 2 , hit universal, pick a park... i live 3 hrs south of disney, my boys are 8 and 10.. we did disney, animal kingdom,epcot.twice i think..stayed at animal kingdom once and the contemporary other time...... now when we go, its to universal- done it 3 times so far - boys enjoy it much more.. but you gotta do disney if youve never been have fun!!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #29 (permalink)

Wdwinfo.com is the best website for information. Their message boards are always hopping with many people eager to help.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Did you go or is it coming up?

We're going beginning of May for 6 days 5 nights, can't wait
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Did you go or is it coming up?

We're going beginning of May for 6 days 5 nights, can't wait
make sure to do Hollywood Studios. Everyone does Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and such but Hollywood Studios has some awesome shows. Don't miss the Paris Stunt Show.

edit: It's called Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show and it's awesome!

Last edited by Nicnac; 02-14-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #32 (permalink)

I'm going a week from today..Feb 21st-23rd. Visiting all 4 parks. Going with a group of 6 including myself, all of us range from 20-23 yrs old. All kids at heart of course. 2 people have never been so going to be fun showing them around and seeing them experience the rides for the first time.

We have the luxury of living in Florida so we get all the deals. Tickets for us are $119 for 3 days, plus about $25 extra to cover the park hopper for all 3 days. Absolute steal.

Can't wait to go cause I love going to disney world.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
I'm going a week from today..Feb 21st-23rd. Visiting all 4 parks. Going with a group of 6 including myself, all of us range from 20-23 yrs old. All kids at heart of course. 2 people have never been so going to be fun showing them around and seeing them experience the rides for the first time.

We have the luxury of living in Florida so we get all the deals. Tickets for us are $119 for 3 days, plus about $25 extra to cover the park hopper for all 3 days. Absolute steal.

Can't wait to go cause I love going to disney world.
i need to move to Florida. Living in Georgia sucks
Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #34 (permalink)

Went there for my senior trip two years ago. Everybody tried to say i was gay and it was for little kids, but i am a kid at hard, and had an amazing time! Hope everyone going has a blast!
I know there was one park we went to (cant remember name) where you go in big carts in front of a huge screen and it makes it feel like you are flying through the sky, and when you go through the "forests" it will spray out smells and such.
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
make sure to do Hollywood Studios. Everyone does Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and such but Hollywood Studios has some awesome shows. Don't miss the Paris Stunt Show.

edit: It's called Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show and it's awesome!
Oh me and my wife went in like 08 and 09'. Taking our son who will almost be 3. Always have a good time because Disney provides everything so there's no worrying.

We're doing a dining plan also. I hate driving places I don't know so we just stay on property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveskid1025 View Post
Went there for my senior trip two years ago. Everybody tried to say i was gay and it was for little kids, but i am a kid at hard, and had an amazing time! Hope everyone going has a blast!
I know there was one park we went to (cant remember name) where you go in big carts in front of a huge screen and it makes it feel like you are flying through the sky, and when you go through the "forests" it will spray out smells and such.
We're big kids to, Disney has so much stuff to do and see. I love raunchy stuff like the next person but much rather do fun family stuff.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Oh me and my wife went in like 08 and 09'. Taking our son who will almost be 3. Always have a good time because Disney provides everything so there's no worrying.

We're doing a dining plan also. I hate driving places I don't know so we just stay on property.

We're big kids to, Disney has so much stuff to do and see. I love raunchy stuff like the next person but much rather do fun family stuff.
Yeah, it's not a ride, you just sit in a giant cart and you go off the ground and it will swerve back and forth as if you ere on an airplane. It was awesome
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote