Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Problem with Delivery Confirmation

I bought an item on ebay and the tracking says it was shipped on July 23, but that was the last update that can be provided by the USPS and the item has not arrived. Is there anything I can do but hope it arrives? I have never had the problem before.
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you paid via Paypal you can file a claim that the item was not received. I hope that helps. Paypal will walk you through the steps the rest of the way. Rob

Check me out on the Bay & COMC for special BO member deals!!!
Great Dealz Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dealz Rob View Post
If you paid via Paypal you can file a claim that the item was not received. I hope that helps. Paypal will walk you through the steps the rest of the way. Rob
I did that, but they said that since the item is "still in transit" that they will wait to make a decision until it is delivered. If it shows up, great because it is a card I really wanted, but I dont want to be out the money since the usps lost the card.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Does it just say that it was shipped or does it say it was processed by the post office?? If it has yet to be processed at any point by the post office, then it is the sellers fault as they printed the shipping label, but have yet to drop it off at the post office.

Edit: Got my answer
Old 08-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Fin...your still wrong. If printed at your computer (paypal), all the seller gets is delivery confirmation, it does nothing to verify you brought it to the post office. Nor does it get scanned once at the post office (if your post office does this, your lucky as most wont).

Personally if its only July 23, I bet in about a week you get the card. Right now its taking almost 2+ weeks to get standard 1st class mail. If the past week I'm getting mail that was mailed mid July. I think the USPS is doing major layoffs and we're about to see the big effect of it. I know locally, they're thinking about closing down two post offices (one of which they should of never opened)
Old 08-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Fin...your still wrong. If printed at your computer (paypal), all the seller gets is delivery confirmation, it does nothing to verify you brought it to the post office. Nor does it get scanned once at the post office (if your post office does this, your lucky as most wont).

Personally if its only July 23, I bet in about a week you get the card. Right now its taking almost 2+ weeks to get standard 1st class mail. If the past week I'm getting mail that was mailed mid July. I think the USPS is doing major layoffs and we're about to see the big effect of it. I know locally, they're thinking about closing down two post offices (one of which they should of never opened)
I don't know about you, but every card I have ever shipped and received that had delivery confirmation was scanned at every stop along the way. What I was asking was if the post office received the package and scanned it in it would say it was processed at that first location, if it had not been to that point, it is highly likely that the seller was still sitting on the package and forgot to mail it. He said the package was in transit, so that means that the post office had received it and scanned it in the system.

Last edited by findizzle04; 08-04-2009 at 07:08 PM.
findizzle04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

I appreciate the heads up on that. I will give it some more time and hopefully it gets here soon.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Also, if it was shipped Parcel Post, it can taka awhile. It once took a package 3 1/2 weels to get to me in northern Illinois from Nashville. That's about a nine hour car trip!
Jolietracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

I had a similar problem a while back. The last update I had for 2 weeks was that the packaged had arrived in Arkansas. So I contacted the seller and let them know I was going to open up a claim through ebay. Turns out the card was lost at the post office so the seller had to contact the postmaster to locate it. All in all it took 5 weeks for me to get the card but because I maintained communication with the seller we were able to both walk away with positive feedback. Good luck, hope everything works out for you
Old 08-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

There is nothing wrong w/ opening up a claim. It might be a small hassle for the seller but if they have done everything correctly then they should have no problem. Be patient and like NODIE just said above, be positive and keep talking w/ the seller.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

I tried contacting the seller first, but after not hearing from them for a few days and reading that the seller does not respond to those messages, it is wolverine, i decided to open the claim. To this point I have still not heard anything from the seller about the issue. Its a card I have really wanted for my pc so I hope its not lost
Old 08-05-2009, 06:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

I'm with fish on this.Some mail carriers,if that's who the seller gave them to or left in the mailbox,don't have to scan the paypal labels in.95% of what I've mailed out since joining this site has not been scanned in until it arrived in whatever city.That includes priority mail.Even what I just received from a group break was never scanned until it reached my post office.To the OP you'll get your money back,as long as it says still in transit. Paypal only cares if it says delivered.

Just because not every post office or mail carrier does this doesn't mean it don't happen.My post office even told me,after I complained,that the only way they'll scan a package going out is if I pay for it in the post office and that I should've paid a little extra by paying in office instead of online.To avoid problems like this.It's crazy cause any postal worker could take as many as they wanted and we'd never know.All they have to do is check the # and if it comes up electronic info received,they're set.The sad thing is most people aren't even aware of anything being wrong,they just accuse the seller of being a thief.Most people think if it hasn't been delivered,then it wasn't mailed.Sorry for the mini rant.It's 5 am and I can't sleep,so I'm cranky.
emr98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:01 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Wolverine can be very slow to ship packages (met him this past weekend), but always does ship. I'm say 200 miles or so from him, and my last package took almost 2 weeks to get here.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Yeah, I had always assumed they scan stuff when I printed labels at home and drop it off, but they don't. However, if it's something valuable I'll have a clerk accept it and make them scan it.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote